Home

[REL]Holowan Plugin

You know your only making it harder for me to narrow down the problem and try to solve it.;)

*begs for mercy*

That savegame I sent you DK I wasn't using the wrist console with that character (hadn't installed it yet, only did it with my last two characters). The cheat band is just one file that none of the other mods are using. I did install USM yesterday, started a new character and so far only one crash, but I'm just about to land in telos with her. I still can't get into the secret tomb with that one save though.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the exact same behavior I'm experiencing, M. In my past tries, I have had the USM & the Holowan Plugin both installed. This last time, I tried again (3rd try) with JUST the Holowan... 75% loaded then it stops and I get an error.

DK - you mentioned that you have not been experiencing this problem with the savegames from the rest of us? Does that lead us to believe it is hardware-related? I'm on a ATI Radeon 9800... Are the others having the problem also on this card? DK - what card do you have?

Not trying to debug for you... just fishing for ideas.

proe-dude

I'm running with a Nividia e-Ge-Force FX 5500. I was thinking it was hardware related for the most part. Mostly because K2 has had numerous reported issues with ATI graphics cards. It could be something as obscure as your graphics cards settings as well such as using Open GL vs DirectX. This seems to occasionally be an issue in 3D games. However the ATI graphics cards are not likely to be the problem unless the Ge-Force 6600GT that Bunk is using has had similiar driver glitches with K2 I'm not sure.

However if this was hardware related it shouldn't be hanging up at just this one spot. That's what makes this so infuriating.

If anybody checking this thread is Running the Plugin with USM on a ATI Radeon and have not had any problems I would like to know. Maybe I could send a collected archive of all these faulty saves to that person to test and see if it fails for them as well.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 XT. What version of the catalyst drivers are you running proe-dude? I haven't updated mine in a while (4.11)

I'm on 4.11 as well, M. And I agree w/Darkkender - the fact that this occurs for both of us at the exact same location with the exact same behavior (loads 3/4 thru) is puzzling.

DK - With that savegame that I sent you; if you are able to enter the secret cave, would you be willing to save it AFTER the game loads and hand it back? Maybe I just need to get past that one location????? (groping for hope)

proe-dude

For fun (and because my wife doesn't need anything right now) I upgraded to the catalyst v5.8 - that's driver version 6.14 from ATI. No change in behavior, unfortunately. FWIW.

proe-dude: Any performance changes? Better, worse, no change?

I loaded up my save game from my first playthrough (in trayus academy, before the fight with sion i think), and tried to warp 711kor, it loaded 3/4 and crashed. I had problems with that character getting into the tomb in the first place (had multiple crashes with that one) but it finally loaded, that was before I tried the holowan plugin...

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I'm looking for the model that this head is from popmhs186sz.jpg

I've been searching through kotor tool and the save game editor and can't turn up a the model. Any help is gladly appreciated.

@Yesh - If it is one of mine it will probably start with PMHS. However I believe that one is one of the ones done by General Kenobi formerly Darth Melignous. As such the model and texture names will probably start as DMPMHH. I would just sift through the portrait tga's in your overide to narrow it down.

@maaneeack - I really am at a Loss as to the problem I was hoping I might get some volunteers to try out the save games that have been sent to me. Beyond that there isn't any logic to the glitch that can be singled out. On a Side note it seems the error log reports those entry mismatches all of the time.

Ooh the head shot you have up there is one of my favs for male exiles :D but not mine :D To be honest I've never seen that particular head in the threads being talked about till I got the plugin. I'm thinking it might be Colja's I believe. He/she does good work and it looks like something Colja would do. Just a guess though ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

@DK - More info for ya...

I got an NEC ND3250A dvd burner and a 250gb maxtor drive and installed them yesterday. Today, I uninstalled KotOR2 (completely and utterly, didn't even save my saves), installed it on a different partition, told the swconfig.exe to disable movies and set the res, started up and created a female exile. Went through the prologue until time to hit the chart and hit skip (to keep the items on t3m4). Once my pc was standing I was in control, I saved. Then I hit warp 711kor and got to see malak recruiting jedi in the secret tomb. I answered the questions, got beat up (level 1, heh) and wandered around for a few mins. Then I exited the game, changed the res, loaded my save game from peragus and warped again. Ran my level 1 pc through the entire secret tomb and back out to the ebon hawk, then I exited and quit TSL.

Then I installed the holowan plugin (Override folder and dialog.tlk). I started TSL and well, it started in a window instead of fullscreen...I had 1280x960x75hz FULLSCREEN set before I installed the plugin, but when it was installed I had that res in a window instead. So I loaded my save game and did the same thing, warp 711kor. Crashed at the same place (3/4 loaded). I replaced the dialog.tlk file with the original and tried again, crashed with 3/4 loaded. I made a new guardian (one of the twin suns I think, female) and completely skipped the prolouge, got to my feet and warp 711kor...crash 3/4 loaded.

I'll test some more, but that fullscreen -> window thing was odd IMHO.

:EDIT:

I deleted the Override folder (to recycle bin) and forgot that I had, and copied the holowan patch to the override folder and tried my save again, the secret tomb loaded. I exited and restored the override from the bin, recopied the patch and tried again, crashed 3/4 through again. If you want this save to test DK let me know, its just a standard head 12m into the game (right when you stand up after getting out of the kolto tank).

One thing I've noticed, after installing this plugin and picking out a head, the body models for some of the heads are messed up. Skin for parts of clothing instead of the clothing (and there really shouldn't be skin showing), this happens for male or female, all classes.

@Darth333 - nothing is too big for the mighty dialup! get a good download manager (free download manager is what I use) and start the download before you sleep, when you wake up you'll have a nice present waiting for you. I'm on dialup, I download theopencd (theopencd.org) and my freebsd mini iso's.

I'm on DSL. But even there, when I come back from the office, I simply don't have the patience for this, especially since I don't really have time to play TSL right now :p

My first guess is that it's a problem with appearance.2da or a model. To eliminate the other possibilities, look at the files included 711KOR.rim and 711KOR_s.rim with Kotor tool and if you find files with the same name in your override folder, remove them. Load a fresh game where you enter the 711kor area for the first time (oterhwise some information amy still be present in your savegame). If it crashes, then you would have to look at the models and appearance.2da (a model that is used in 711KOR).

The only files that were in both override and the kotor tool

RIMs->Modules->711KOR_s.rim->Blueprint, Character:

p_kreia_evil001.utc and revan_fake.utc

RIMs->Modules->711KOR_s.rim->Script, Compiled:

k_fab_sith_si.ncs

I deleted all three and tried warp 711kor (i deleted one, tried, deleted another, tried again, and deleted the third then tried again) and crashed each time. My save game is 12m into the game (I ran through as t3m4, got the stuff then instead of finishing I skipped).

How do I look at the files under 711KOR.rim? And what, in appearance.2da, do you suggest I look for (how do I tell what is specific to the secret tomb I mean)...

ARRGH! All this time I assumed something specific to my save game was causing the conflict. After what Maanick posted, I decided to make a new game:

Used a default head

Skipped the prologue and came out of the tank

warp 711kor = crashed at 3/4 loaded

Oh well, guess that eliminates one of the possible problems.

Archived