Home

Episode 3 on xbox

warchild75

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

I curretnly own the EPisode III game. It is a good game, but it does not have as much replay value as the KOTOR games, though. It has the best lightsaber combat animations I've seen in any game.

True, its rather short, it has recyled music from Kotor 2 :( but it does have nice fights and moves. Took me about 7 hours to beat it... (Kotor 1-2 usually takes me 1-2 days :rolleyes: )

I have played it at Best Buy, but I don't have it. I don't own any game console. Heck, I haven't had a game console since Super NES...and before then it was the ColecoVision. (I know what you're thinking, and yes, I'm an old fart). I just don't have much use for them and I think that PC games are much better anyway.

As to what I think about ROTS video game, I really like it. Great movement and animations. Does anyone know if there are plans for it to be put out on PC anytime soon?

As for beating KOTOR in 1-2 days, I don't see how that can be done! I hear this all the time, but I really can't see it. I was really addicted to both games when I got them, but it took me over 70 hours of game play to beat KOTOR I the first time (I never paid any attention, but does KOTOR II even tell you how long you've played?) and I can't beat KOTOR 2 in less than a week of trying. I guess I must be the only one who trys to do everything in the game.

Originally posted by MdKnightR

Does anyone know if there are plans for it to be put out on PC anytime soon?

There aren't.

While RotS is a game, I was completely astounded by how they excluded the Yoda vs. Sidious duel, but included the Vader vs. Ben duel as a bonus mission.

I also think they did a terrible job on the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. While it was good how they prolonged it, the choice of music was horrible. KOTOR II music, while good, does not fit in at all with the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel. They didn't even include the music that was used in the movie for that duel!

Aside from that, it's a good game.

It was a good game to play through the first time, but doesn't have great replay value besides for the multiplayer duels. But still, very fun the first time through and I still do play the multiplayer duels.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

The Lighsaber Animations alone were the best part of the game.

I heard that Nick Gillard (the stunt coordinator for the Star Wars movies) helped out with those, although I'm not sure if he really did.

Indeed he did.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

I still think that Ray Park (AKA Darth Maul) was better.

Until now, I had no idea who that was. Are you sure he's better? Didn't the person with Cin Drallig's name backwards teach Obi-Wan and Anakin to swordfight in RotS? The lightsaber duels were much better in that movie than in TPM. And the Darth Maul actor is rather bizzare... I heard that in real life he likes to fight with a double-bladed weapon.

Wait, I thought of another good thing in RotS. The force lightning, while not powerful, was excellent to look at. It just seemed to flow from Anakin's hand like water.

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

It was a good game to play through the first time, but doesn't have great replay value besides for the multiplayer duels. But still, very fun the first time through and I still do play the multiplayer duels.

So overall not a bad game.I might have to make a purchase.:D

Until now, I had no idea who that was. Are you sure he's better? Didn't the person with Cin Drallig's name backwards teach Obi-Wan and Anakin to swordfight in RotS?

Nick Gillard was the head stunt coordinator and lightsaber fight choreographer for all three prequel films. He also designed the fighting style for each character. He is pretty much the authority on lightsaber combat. Ray Park is also an excellent martial artist, and I believe he also assisted in the choreography as well as lots of other things beyond just playing his role.

The lightsaber duels were much better in that movie than in TPM.

As good as the ROTS duel was, I still think TPM fight is the best style/choreography-wise in the entire saga.

And the Darth Maul actor is rather bizzare... I heard that in real life he likes to fight with a double-bladed weapon.

He is a martial artist afterall. And by all accounts he is a really down to earth and friendly guy at conventions and such.

Originally posted by

warchild75

So overall not a bad game.I might have to make a purchase.

I think the game is a blast. It is not perticularly deep, but the lightsaber combat is really well done.

Archived