Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

i get what your saying but y would it be stealing ideas i mean you can mod to all get thoughs. but you know what would be cool if any one has played nfl madden 06 it would be cool to design your charactor like you do on that and design your face the same way that would be awsome along with picking hair, skin color and shade.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bout makin it so your not some big important person that the player and/or character doesn't know they are, i.e. (this is a lil kotor 1-esque) your some random republic trooper (Mandalorian maybe? =P) and your being transported to your next assignment. Its all good on the ship (no more mysteriously everyone is dead or dying! too cliche.) but once you reach there, you find the Republic Outpost is under attack, by either some form of Bandit, Sith, or Mando. Your captured and brough to their stronghold on the planet. Escape from there,(meet first party member?) and find out that YOU and a few choice others were kidnapped for a reason. (Force sensitivity?)

in the start of the game, your given your characters backstory, example: You were born a little bit during the mandalorian wars, and , due to the war, your "Talents" weren't discovered. you perform the SW movie copy and find a jedi living in Exile (THE Exile?) who senses your abilities, and, seeing as he isn't a member of the order trains you, while your somehow wounded companion heals. in the start, you have weak force powers, (part of the whole training thing, I mean, in the other KOTOR games, you became god-like in (most likely.) ingame months, so eventually you run into a knight on a mission on another planet, and he/she trains you further. Basically, I don't want to have the possibility to become godlike in the force right away. Also, it would be nice for time to actually pass ingame, like, events happeneing once in awhile. (maybe somthing like on the Holonet, you see "Rebel Sith have taken control of planet somthing or other, republic forces sent to quell this sort of Rebellion.") Sorry for long post... :mob:

I want to start k3 as revan or exile or having either as partner but your defeated by "true sith lords" but you get away and they find out that "true sith" can absorb force energy. so they return to the republic in secret. When they get there 6years after k2 they find out that bastila had a son\daughter and thats why she was looking for reven in k2.So they decide to finish training her son\daughter to become a jedi(bastila trained her child as a jedi)so you play as her child from age 14,15, or 16 to 40.and meet the new jedi order Reven gives "you" hk metalic black or silver and t3 who looks like a slash between r2 and t3 now.

so you meet the

Something missing in the two games, a minigame section, with the cinematic and the music sections in the main menu.

Mmm then... I don't want to have Revan or the Exile as main character... Maybe near the end of the game, during a Big-Battle-Against-The-True-Siths, but not at the beginning.

What about a people already fighting the Siths beyond the Outer Rim, the PC would be a guy from this people... And later in the game, Revan would arrive (mmm the Exile rather than him, Revan would be already there for years...)...

Ebon Hawk's cargo bay filled with something useful. In 'KotoR I' the cargo bay had canisters. In 'KotOR II' there was nothing in the cargo bay.

Yavin IV Surface - I think it would be cool to explore Yavin IV's Sith Temples. Especially the ones that show up in ESB.

Yavin IV's Spacestation - I thought that was a nice touch to KotOR I.

Cassus Fett's Family - Maybe they were respectable at some point.

Jedi Tombs - I think this would be an interesting twist.

• 2 weeks later...

1. More detail in the custom design of the exile.

2.be able to also choose a race other than human (although human would be available too.)

3.have the option to pilot the ebon hawk(small idea but cool idea)

4.to make it more realistic, be allowed to sleep in the ebon hawk to restore energy.

5. I personally dont really like the current combat system in kotor. I think you should have realistic fighting where you have to press a button or something to make your character move and fight and press buttons to make combos in fighting and things like that.

6. More planets, and more than one city available in one planet.

7. have a sort of alignment system with planets, for example, just an example, not saying this planet is available, lets just say your on the light side then you wouldn't be well aligned with planets like korriban, mustafar, utapau, ect. and if your on the darkside, then you wouldnt be well aligned with coruscant, nar shadaa, ect.

ill edit this post if i come up with more ideas.

Ebon Hawk's cargo bay filled with something useful. In 'KotoR I' the cargo bay had canisters. In 'KotOR II' there was nothing in the cargo bay.

Well the Handmaiden did need some room to practice her fighting skills. Anyway, I have my suggestions, some Posts back.

PS. squall900200, welcome to the Forums.

and i personally would want to play as reven son\daughter

Oh no, not another offspring well-wisher!

Really, the Exile had no family connection to Revan, why should K3 PC?

"Time Sensitive Events"

:drop2:

The originality of this concept stuns me. If the devs don't put it in the game, I swear...

How bout makin it so your not some big important person that the player and/or character doesn't know they are, i.e. (this is a lil kotor 1-esque) your some random republic trooper (Mandalorian maybe? =P) and your being transported to your next assignment. Its all good on the ship (no more mysteriously everyone is dead or dying! too cliche.) but once you reach there, you find the Republic Outpost is under attack, by either some form of Bandit, Sith, or Mando. Your captured and brough to their stronghold on the planet. Escape from there,(meet first party member?) and find out that YOU and a few choice others were kidnapped for a reason. (Force sensitivity?)

in the start of the game, your given your characters backstory, example: You were born a little bit during the mandalorian wars, and , due to the war, your "Talents" weren't discovered. you perform the SW movie copy and find a jedi living in Exile (THE Exile?) who senses your abilities, and, seeing as he isn't a member of the order trains you, while your somehow wounded companion heals. in the start, you have weak force powers, (part of the whole training thing, I mean, in the other KOTOR games, you became god-like in (most likely.) ingame months, so eventually you run into a knight on a mission on another planet, and he/she trains you further. Basically, I don't want to have the possibility to become godlike in the force right away. Also, it would be nice for time to actually pass ingame, like, events happeneing once in awhile. (maybe somthing like on the Holonet, you see "Rebel Sith have taken control of planet somthing or other, republic forces sent to quell this sort of Rebellion.") Sorry for long post...

You know, this probably belongs in the "Your k3 storyline here" Thread, but I like this idea, really. :)

More planets would be goodand more sith assasins or jedi knights dependir on yor alinment
Meaning in your party, or more to kill?

And I was just about to make another good concept idea, but then a painful twinge in my leg distracted me. Aarg!

Ah well.

DQK out

I always thought for Kotor 3 there should be more Jedi too but the main thing i always wanted was more of a reaction by the public when you start up your lightsaber. When you start it up in a bar or cantina in the other two games, no one even flinched that a great Jedi or powerful Sith lord happened to be stood right next to them. That killed the realism for me.

I will like to have free will combat.

I don't want the computer to do the combat for me anymore.

I want realism to be more of a focus concerning combat, I don't want to see no more health bars. Ever again!

I will like to see real environmental effects like weather & realtime day/night option.

I will like a strongly thought out face customized option that will make the character look exactly like you.

Of course if they can do that with next-gen graphics?

I wan't to have my choice of spaceship and choice of vehicle when on a planet.

That's about it for now!

1. More detail in the custom design of the exile.

2.be able to also choose a race other than human (although human would be available too.)

3.have the option to pilot the ebon hawk(small idea but cool idea)

4.to make it more realistic, be allowed to sleep in the ebon hawk to restore energy.

5. I personally dont really like the current combat system in kotor. I think you should have realistic fighting where you have to press a button or something to make your character move and fight and press buttons to make combos in fighting and things like that.

6. More planets, and more than one city available in one planet.

7. have a sort of alignment system with planets, for example, just an example, not saying this planet is available, lets just say your on the light side then you wouldn't be well aligned with planets like korriban, mustafar, utapau, ect. and if your on the darkside, then you wouldnt be well aligned with coruscant, nar shadaa, ect.

ill edit this post if i come up with more ideas.

Very good ideas !

I would like to have more realism in combat.

Yes! The fighting should be more like Ep:III ROTS and the combat options like JKA.

The sleep option is another good idea for more realism.

After reading the may threads about KOTOR III wishes, I finally figured I should register and throw in my two cents.

1.) I'm not fond of the button pushing fighting system. My circumstances dictate playing turn-based games and I'd at least like them to keep the pause game option of the first two.

2.) I don't think I'd like to play as Reven or the Exile - it's more or less a been there, done that feeling. My idea would be 22-24 years after TSL and you're either Exile/Visa's son or daughter or Exile/Atton's (The Disciple really bugged me), obviously depending how you played the Exile. I wouldn't mind being able to recruit Reven and/or Exile later in the game.

3.) I'd like a choice who I fall in love with. (If I had had a choice between the Handmaiden or Visa, Visa would have been my sweety in a heartbeat.)

Since this is my first post I won't ramble on.

You know where there always ranting on about wars in kotor games id love to be in one but its only a small percentage of the game.

& i always thought whats going on theres always this shhip a right tiny one i would love a big ship with more of a crew & you didnt have control of all of them infact you dont have a party at all for a fair bit fo the game i think it would be good if you where apart of somone elses party as if u was a teenger at the start of the game with your master training & he/she led the way & you followed i would love that so much :)

things i want in kotor 3 are:

1. a story better then kotor 2's

2. the ability to slay anyone (Dark side ftw)

3. the ability to jump whit the push of a button

4. other races for pc's, humans arn't the only ones whit the force

5. new gui, or at least a 1-0 quick-key slotbar where you can add your forcepowers, scrolling thru your forcepowers is anoying...

6. the ability to give a parymember a nr of medkits to use when they need to

7. that the game continues after the sory ends, ex. you become ruler of the galaxy or something like that (Dark side, Duuh...) and get hunted by the remaining jedi or whatnot

8. MORE npc to choose form to add to your party, ex. 15 npc whit a party limit of 8 including yourself

9. jedi and sith acadamy, the sith acadamy is one of the best parts of kotor 1

10. MUCH, MUCH, MORE....

btw, sign the Kotor 3 petition:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/kotor3

• 2 weeks later...

It never made sense to me to have the two-weapon fighting feat apply to both double-bladed lightsabers and two lightsabers as the skillsets for the two are very different. I want to see different feat progressions for these two different fighting styles. Something like a "Two-Weapon Fighting" feat would apply to wielding two swords and two lightsabers while "Staff Fighting" would be the new feat that would apply to staffs, double-bladed swords and double-bladed lightsabers.

I know that because this is so long, everything I say is just repeated stuff, but oh, well...

I want to see any of these character come back:

Atton, T3-M4, HK-47, Bao-Dur (he's my favorite character in TSL and I'm sad they didn't go more in depth with him), Carth, Bastila, Jolee (that old man bugs me, but I love him!), Mira/Hanharr, Visas, Mandalore/Canderous, and Handmaiden if you were a guy, but not Diciple if you were a girl. He just bugs me, and I hate him.

I want to know what happened to these characters:

Exile, Revan, Mission and Zalbaar (I've always wondered what happened to those two...), and Mandalore.

I think the glitches should be ironed out. I think the PC should be more customizeable, and so should you lightsaber and ship.

I think the whole thing with having about 20 NPCs to choose from and being able to lose enough influence with them to leave is a great idea. I also wish they would be able to revolt. I mean, come on, don't you think that if your PC turned darkside and psychotic killer, Diciple/Handmaiden, Mira, and maybe even Bao-Dur and T3 (depending on your influence with them) would gang up and try to stop you? Or maybe there would be mini wars between your NPCs depending on if they liked each other or not. There should be more in-depth characters, that you can interact with beyond just making them Jedi, it's not like they're going to become Jedi and suddenly there's nothing to talk to them about.

The whole romantic plot of the game should be more in-depth (I know I keep using that word, but I haven't slept in a long, long time) and you should be able to choose between at least three lovers. You should also be able to decide to end the relationship with them, or not have any romantic involvement with any of the characters at all.

You should get a new ship at the beginning of the game (one much bigger than the Hawk) and be able to customize it, upgrade it, and name it, then later in the game get the chance to buy/steal the Ebon Hawk, but not have to.

Maybe you could just be a normal person, like a Republic soldier or Sith soldier, or a Mandalorian (maybe one that is seperated from his/her clan) with a small amount of Force potential and you have to train to become a Jedi.

I think OE shouldn't rush to get the game out by a certain time, they should take their time and make it perfect (as perfect as perfect can be).

Ugh.. I'm tired and this post is already extremely long, so I'll leave it at that and maybe post later, if I don't forget...

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to look through the posts on this thread (don't think I'm copying anyone if this post seems repetitive), though it being the LucasArts.com KoTOR III suggestions forum, I figured posting my thoughts here would have the best chance of being seen by the programmers and designers working on the game.

Firstly, in order to remedy the one-dimensional tendencies of KoTOR combat (Force Enlightenment-Master Flurry-Master Flurry-Master Flurry...), while still maintaining the turn-based, randomized combat format, I think that players should have the opportunity to create unique combat feats to replace the ones already in use. For example: instead of giving only flurry, critical strike, and power attack as usable combat feats, players should be able to pre-designate attack sequences that can be used easily in combat, and that can be upgraded periodically as the character's core stats develop.

I don't know how exactly it could work, but how I've imagined it, there could be a point system dependent on strength and dexterity; possibly strength+dexterity constitutes the total point value for all successive attacks within one unique combat feat. Here's where it gets complicated. Suppose a character's strength and dexterity were both 15 (or some combination of the two added up to 30), as with the initial point assignments for a fundamental jedi guardian. Now suppose that point values for each individual attack (tentative values) looked something like this (Slashes would fundamentally replace the quick 'flurry' components of combat, while stabs and punches/kicks would replace critical strike and power attack elements, respectively):

Slashes - Left Middle Right

High 7 points 5 points 7 points

Middle 4 points 3 points 4 points

Low 5 points 4 points 5 points

Stabs - Left Middle Right

High 11 points 8 points 11 points

Middle 6 points 5 points 6 points

Low 8 points 7 points 8 points

Punches/Kicks/Weapon Bashes - Left Middle Right

High 15 points 11 points 15 points

Middle 10 points 8 points 10 points

Low 11 points 9 points 11 points

Players would be able to select any number of these elements and designate the order of their execution. When used in combat, each unique combat feat would react with opposing feats accordingly. For example, if the 30 points mentioned above were used for, say 3 punches to the middle-right, and the opposing feat consisted of 3 punches to the middle-right, than each attack would deal damage according to the percent chance to hit determined by dexterity and the power of the attack determined by the character's strength. If the attacks were, say 6 stabs to the middle and 6 stabs to the middle, respectively, the two would cancel out, resulting in the relatively seldom-seen lightsaber/melee weapon standoff (for lack of a better word) from the first two games. Likewise, directly contradictory elements of opposing combat feats performed at (roughly) the same time in sequence would offset, voiding damage calculations for both sides. When different attack types conflict at the same region, attacks would follow the hierarchy as follows: Slash beats punch, punch beats stab, stab beats slash. The details are kind of sketchy for me right now (and it's midnight where I am... need to go to bed...), but I really think that this system, with a bit of tweaking, could be affective to eliminate the often-monotonous combat of KoTOR and leave the turn/calculations-based combat engine relatively intact.

It's too late for me right now to continue this post, but trust that I will contribute significantly more to this forum soon, both completing my thoughts on my little unique-feats system and other aspects and changes I would hope to see in KoTOR III; I just hope that my contributions have not come too late for consideration for the new game - I fear they have.

Archived