Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle movements is what I'd like to see most. Thought is was odd how a regular soldier attacks enemies with a viroblade the same as a jedi master with a lightsaber. Perhaps different fighting styles for the jedi classes as well. A guardian would obviously fight move aggresive than a consular only as they know more fighting styles. Different saber forms perhaps require different attack types too, rather than just gainning a bonus, but still attacking the same way.

One of the things I personally loved about kotor more than k2 is when Revan is given the choice to join Bastila & kill Juhani & Jolee. It was really cool how the party NPC's stood up for what they beleived in, rather than in k2 you just lost influence with them, but they would always follow you.

Besides that, both games are great, so I doubt they will let us down for the 3rd.

Okay.... here we go... I've got a lot to say about this...

Ahem.

1: At least a dozen huge, well laid out planets, as i want a much longer game. I personnally would liek to go to Kashyyk, Coruscant, Dxun and Onderon, Nar shaadah, a newly being rebuilt Taris, Ilum... etc, etc.

2: You get to chose whether you wna tyour main character as a jedi or not. If you chose jedi, you get to have either one lightsaber at the start, two lightsabers like alyaa secura, or a single doublebladed saber. no searching for parts.

3: a better character setup. More feats per level, more ofrce power gain per level, more skill gain per level, more attributes per level.

4: More heavily customizable weapons. For example- a lightsaber with more than just 3 crystals and 3 booster parts, but also some little parts like wiring matrixes and stuff. Guns are very coustomizable. you can build a gun yourslef if you want. The gun starts otu as you choose it's basic skeletal frame. then you choose what parts you want it to have, makign a very powerful, customized gun.

5: If you choose the hard setting, AI will actually be challenging.

6: More party members by choosing. I would like to see mandalore and the droids again. But mandalore would have some extra speical guys along with him. The droids would have extra droids with them too. You would be able to purchase and pay for the services of new crewmembers from different spaceports if you wnated for example, or buy new droid crewmembers from stores. I always wanted to buy myself a nice pet hssiss or an amry of elite trained gizka too...

7: A new ebon hawk. It's the same ebon ahwk, but at certain spaceports, you can purchase upgrades for it, such as more guns and defenses, or extensions to it's hull. More containers inside the ship. I always had about a gazillion bajillion items with me, most of whoich i wanted to keep on the ship.

The medical bay would have a meical bench, along with soem containers to keep medpacks and whatever else in. the crew quarters would have lockers and constianers and stuff for party members to keep their extra stuff in. the cargo bay and the cargo hold would have many containers to keep all theat spare cargo in. In space battles, you would be allowed to either pilopt the ship, or man the gun turrents. if you piloted, your party members would man the gun turrents. Internal defenses for repellign invaders, such as hiiden turrents concelaing underneath the floor or int he ceiling, or activatable minefields that only use flash mines and gas mines.

8: a still very complex plotline. you would at first choose what happened in the first two games, such as, did revan do this?, or did the Exile do this?, was the jedi council killed?, did the exile's partymembers become jedi?, what was the fate of "this" planet?, etc, etc. better character romances, but still keepign it within the T rating level, nothing too suggestive. Kids play these games, not just teens. It would disappoint many kids if they found the next best starwars game ever made to be rated M or having some rating explanatiosn that make their parents deny them the allowance to buy it and play it, also resulting in less sales.

9: Heavily customizable armors and robes. you could make your own, choose certain colors for it, choose it's stats, higher bonuses costing more and more components, etc, etc. Optional for heavy armors and such to have no dexterity restrictions or force restrictions through a cheat code... etc, etc.

10: more cusotmizable charactyers at the start. you can customize your muscle tone to amke your guy look super strong, or make your guy as fat a sumo wrestler. coustomzable facial hair and skin color. females actaully have really long hair instead of being cut super short like a female field military medic or something. Guys can have a beard that is three feet long, customizable height, as you can have a guy at tops as tall as 7'2 if you're playing as human. you can also be an alien if you want.

11: i dunno what else to say. that's pretty much it, but i may have more to say later. please consider what i have said. oh yeah... and by the way, no deadlines. early deadlines kill games. try to make this game complete.

Sure, i know all these suggestions must seem demanding, but honestly, when you programmers make a really good game that you put your heart into making, don't you play it yourself when it's finished? K1 was good, com[plete, but K2 lost that one thing tha tmade it good, all because of some budget cut or a deadline.

12: this is my fifth and maybe my last edit: I want revan and the Exile playable in your crew. I don't want to be revan or the exile again, but i want them customizable before you get them. either that, or having Revan or the exile be your main character agian by choice would be so freaking cool!

13: one last thing. your scouting party... You can have your party be more than 3 people, and you don't have to have your main character int he party every time excpet for on certian plot cercumstances. a scout party of at least 5 from a crew of about 20 or so would be nice...

• 2 weeks later...

1) Some closure to a lot of the outstanding Revan and Exile's hanging plot threads (Revan & Bastilla's/Carth's romance, fate of Bao - Dur and the droids as well as their influence on galactic events, what Visas was supposed to see on Katar, the fruition of Canderous' agenda from K2, fate of Zalbar & Hanhar, Taris survivors, rebuilt jedi order on coruscant, redemption? of Atris, fate of Dustil, Mekel, the fate of the "mad" escaped droid from Marko Ragnos' tomb, etc.). A chance to get a better idea of the "big picture" and how it all ties together, if it does. Resolution to whether Revan actually fell, or made a sacrifice for the good of the galaxy... etc.

2) More individualized force powers.

In K1, Bastilla is supposed to be a prodigy of battle meditations to such a degree that no one has anything comparable. In K2, Kreia tells exile about an ancient sith lord so skilled with a lightsaber that even the best of "modern" Jedi or sith would be "as children with toys" by comparison. I'd like to see the options you choose open up new options as you go further along one path, due to specialization.

Example:

A jedi that specialized in repair and in the destroy droid power might also get something akin to GoT0's droid trick power, or a version of dominate mind that was effective against droids, as opposed to humans and aliens, where someone who primarily put their abilities in persuade might get the droid and alien persuasion powers offered as options, but miss the droid trick power.

Another example:

Have the Exile to be the only Force using character that can learn all the uniquely individualized powers, or the only one who has the unique powers Kreia taught him/her in K2.

3) More temporary recruitable characters, as well as more flexibility in assembling your party.

Example: Near the end of K2, if you play where Male Revan was LS, it seems that Bastilla is about to go seeking Revan. If you play where Male Revan was DS, she says she's about to do so in the holocron recording you find on Korriban. It would be cool if she were recruitable while you are seeking Revan, but that she might leave your party when you actually find Revan. Then she could be your contact with Revan's forces at various points in the game, but wouldn't have to necessarily join your party. The difficulty of some of your tasks might depend on how well equipped she was and built up before she left your party for good.

4) More aliens as party members, and where they're Jedi or Sith, or if appropriate in non force users that give them certain bonuses or weaknesses to different aspects of the force or their other abilities.

I'd like to see twilek's getting racial dexterity bonuses, miraluka gaining bonuses to their FP or getting some sensory related powers without the use of FP, Ithorians getting bonuses to healing powers, and echani with a natural ability to resist force powers.

5) A variety of environments across a multitude of scenic worlds that contribute to the star wars mythology as well as being pretty to look at.

6) new puzzles and minigames that allow for alteration of your interactions with NPCs as you succeed over time.

7)

I would also like a gray path to follow. A third choice to play the game so to speak, which would include different quests and a different outcome at the end.

I sort of alluded to this. I'd like to see your elaboration.

And some left handedness. Some hand to hand and hand to weapon combat. Possibly more saber forms as well as traditional swordsmanship that is more true to real life.

And maybe a little Beavis and ButtHead. huhu huh. Heh Heh. mmeheh heh.

And that dude or dudette who was talkin' about being able to edit everything like if you want the character to have a height of like 7'2--sounds an awful lot like WWE's games of late with their custom character option.

While I'd vie for a greater custom wardrobe too (freedom of expression and speech--I maen it's awesome) bear in mind that we can't spend *too* much emphasis on customizability or it takes away from the gameplay...I mean the first character I made on smackdown-shut your mouth took me an hour. Mostly getting used to it, but still. But we all have our wishes.

I want to See Revan and Exile back as supporting characters.

I want to see the Republic on its way of healing its wounds from the other wars.

I want a great story which will connect with the other 2 kotors and create some closure for Exile and Reavn.

I know if they do this that some people may not like Exile or REvan's open plot threads closed since they wont agree with them but i believe we need to in order to help keep form in the kotor universe and allow new plots threads to be created.

If it can be done well then why not.

Hm...I'd say I'd like in KOTOR III would probably be in the Unknown Regions of space, being an exiled dark jedi and redeeming yourself on a quest to save the Galaxy, or fall even farther to the Dark Side. :slsaber:

Possibly featuring Bao-Dur (He was calm and his voice seemed like he was scarred from the Mandalorian Wars,) and Canderous, (On a remote planet in the middle of a warzone, since he said he was going to restore the Mandalorian's honour) and possibly Revan in his robes on a planet fighting whatever threat he rushed off to so quickly.

Also my favourite little Astrodroid T3-M4 :D Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, many characters of the first two parts should appear in this game.

I would like a more challenging game. After playing Kotor I which was fairly easy, Kotor II was incredibly simple. And the looting system was non sense. Just by looting a few boxes and corpses I could equip all my party members. You wouldn't buy anything 'cause you can find much stuff by exploring a bit in the wilderness, as a result of this, I always finish the game with no less than 100000 credits and with such an immense array of goods that I could build up my own Czerka corporation.

• 1 month later...

Probably been said but, I would like it if the player could only learn maybe 1-2 fighting styles (such as Ataru and Shii-Cho for example). Each of these forms would have distinctly different fighting animations. Each style would have sub-categories that the player could put points into upon level-ups to make them more proficient in various situations. For Example, One category may be how you fair against a single opponent. Ataru may be able to upgrade this skill out of 10 (the max).... but can only be upgraded up to 5 in the "multiple enemy" category. Different forms have different strengths and weaknesses...i think implementing an upgrade system would add variety to the players individual style as well as expand upon the feature in general

I agree as well! Hmm...now what would I want in K3? Definately more character customization...why can't I be Twi'lek, Zabrak, or Rodian? And handedness...while it may seem extreme to some...I would want at least some of my characters to be identical. The idea of piloting the Ebon Hawk sounds very interisting, sounds like more than fun than shooting those confounded Sith-spaceships.

Bigger party, would be a plus, maybe 'acquire' certain characters for quests. More worlds would be a great added bonus too. I would love to see Coruscant, Rebuilt Telos, Ilum, differant parts of Nar Shaddaa, and 'maybe' Dantooine...if there is anything that could be required from having it.

And finally, while this isn't 'in' K3...I would love it if it was made by Obsidian! :D

Cheers.

I'd like to see just a plain, nobody special jedi as the PC. I mean, after Revan, then The Exile, who's next? The Son of God?

I'd also like to see fewer NPCs. Most of the NPCs in the previous games never leave the ship, and by the time they are all collected in TSL the games just about over.

The only NPC I think that really needs to return is T3-M4, cuz his memory core(possibly) could hold the keys to the puzzle.

Other than that, I'd just like to have a game where I can finally be a Jedi or Sith from start to finish...without all the stuff about lost memories and "a wound in the Force."

I always thought the whole Wound in the Force idea was ridiculous...and I am glad it was pretty much abandoned in the Darkside ending of TSL.

^

I would like that too. Your just a regular Jedi but you have a part to play in the events to come. You have memories and a family and at the beginning all your offensive powers are weak and the higher you get thhe stronger they become(yes duh).

Sidenote: I would also like to see it made by Obsidian; they already know what they'll do with it mostly and Chris Avellone is an awesome writer.

Yeah just a plain run of the mill jedi or sith that slowly advances over the course of time would be more enjoyable then another all powerful god-like character. Alot of people seem to want to be Revan but if KOTOR3 is an MMO then we cant have 80000 Revans running around saving the world.

Archived