Home

Planets in KotOR III

starmark2k

All of these suggestions are pretty good, or would be. In K3, though, aren't we headed for the outer rim (by outer rim, I am supposing that the term means something like unexplored space at the edge of the galaxy)? What planets are out there? Is the outer rim closer in this era than in later eras? Would that mean that worlds that we know of from later eras might be unknown in this era? What worlds would that include?

I would think that if we have a new PC (which makes the most sense to me) that we will have to start off in known space, perhaps in the core worlds, but at least somewhere with an academy. We may visit some worlds in known space, perhaps because of incursions by the true sith into republic space. But then we would be off into the outer rim. We are going to have to at least find out about Revan and Exile if not meet up with them. Isn't the point of K3 to continue that storyline? If we do not find out what happens with Revan and Exile in K3, then I bet these games will be more than a trilogy. I kinda hope not, as I would like to find out the end of the story before I am drawing a pension and/or lose interest.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Coruscant (we all have our reasons for this one) ;)

- Ilum (icy, cold world known for saber crystals)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Felucia (Fungal Planet... ie, Aalya's deathscene location)

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

Only planets I can add to that are:

ZIOST - why wouldn't you want to go to the Sith capital-world?

Rhen Var - would be a nice little detour, and i'd love to compare it to my mod...

Sleheyron - I'd love to see at least a little of what the Bioware team were thinking of, nad naywya, it sounds cool :D

Remeber the quest that you did on taris in the under city villiage to find the journals. If those people went underground to the place they were journying too, then they still might be alive and should be played out in the next game as the rebuilders of taris. Tell me if anyone thinks this is a good idea.

I would like to see-

Alderaan

Coruscant

I would also like to have the option to go to maybe one or two of these during maybe your Jedi Training ( this is assuming the story is based on my idea of a new jedi)-

Kashyyyk

Manaan

Korriban

Tatooine

Probably this could end up on the Unknown World, we didn't get too see much of it, and then maybe, once you followed the path of Revan, you (I realize this is kind of a story idea but it was a good way to explain my choices) could follow the path of the Exile and go to some of these-

Onderon

Nar Shaddaa

Telos

Malachor V (maybe ruins of)

and then you would head off to the unknown regions.

NOTE: the first few should not take up more than a little bit more than a quarter of the game.

• 8 months later...

what was that one planet that kreia says revan was from? I'd love to visit that planet. Also...Canderous mentions in the first kotor that during the mandalorian wars they were shooting at asteroids and one turned out to be a ship. I am going to guess that the flying asteroid was a yuuzhan-vong sentry without a doubt looking for a new home in other galaxies. this could be the "threat" that revan and the exile went after. so that could be the planet you would meet the 2 in kotor 3 where they found a lonely planet taken over by yuuzhan vong while they are choreographing their invansion and raising their coral stuff. Perhaps seeing the ruins of Ossus would be an interesting stop. Even the oracle at Pelgrin would be pretty sweet, because thats where Darth Sidious found out he would take over the republic because its extremely strong in the force there. Or the school or hidden wisdom which was one of the first jedi academies on the planet of Baltimm. Most of all I would love to Coruscant in this game as well as more Kath Hounds on Dantooine for me to slaughter yay!

In my opinion would be good to visit Dathomir because of Night Sisters, maybe their begins, though or just their bests,

As well good point is for Ossus, as i do remember from Dark Empire comics there have been lost Jedi temples and Libraries, maybe if they would show in KotOR III, they dont have to be lost ;)

But it's only my opinion >>;

-Irae

Good idea, but remember that the surface of ossus and the Jedi Library were destroyed about 40 years before the events of KOTOR 1 and 2. So if obsidian or Bioware or whatever decides to make KOTOR 3 follow the timeline (or at least stay in the same period of time), they could travel to a ravaged ossus, maybe to find jedi artifacts or historys, or find jedi master Ood Bnar, who is now.....a....well, he is a tree. so there might be a lot of things to do on ossus. lets just hope that burning down forests isnt one of them. :firehead

what was that one planet that kreia says revan was from? I'd love to visit that planet.

that would be deralia. or...actually,

it is possible that the jedi council decided to, along with the personality transplant, program revans mind to make him think that he was born on Deralia. That makes more sense, because The Jedi Council would prefer an unsuspecting biography which was hard to verify, and also, be nothing familiar to his subconscious. Familiar things would bring his full memory back.

HOWEVER, Kreia did state that Revans homeworld was a remote planet in the Outer Rim Territories.

Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Coruscant (we all have our reasons for this one) ;)

- Ilum (icy, cold world known for saber crystals)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Felucia (Fungal Planet... ie, Aalya's deathscene location)

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

You've got me sold, I like it. The only other planet I can add is a moon called Yavin IV. The actual moon, not the space station.

i agree i like all of those planets, i think that coruscant would be a cool planet if they did not try to make you fight, i think they could make it borning. Mustafar, that planet is so cool and if their was another major battle on that planet it would reign supreme. There should be a planet like a dantooine or koriban for training, both of those planets are dead.

there seems to be a reoccuring theme surrounding the first planet visited in each game. it is destroyed. making alderan a poor choise for a first plantet yet it would be nice to see it in the game. i want to see the twi'lec homeworld included.

Coruscant - This is probably one of the most signifacnt worlds in SW. Commerce, overpopulation and both the Republic & Jedi Order reside here. A great tribute to the SW universe, it also provides a wide range of possibilities.

Ilum - As someone said earlier, great place for lightsaber crystals and all. A place of great significance to the Jedi Order.

Corellia - From what I've read, Corellia was conquered by the Rakatan's Infinite Empire, could hold several keys to history as well as provide a nice area of commerce.

Alderaan - One of the earliest core worlds. A place that could hold alot of commerce & alot of scenary. Not only that, but it would be interesting to meet the Organa Family (perhaps for a few side quests or tie them into the plot)

Yavin IV - Has some ties to Exar Kun & all those older Sith Guys, could be interesting diving into the Sith history through Yavin IV.

Mustafar - Volcanic world, with some ties to the Jedi's background.

For returning worlds...

Korriban

Dantoonie

Taris (In a rebuilding phase like Telos was)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys but i really don't want any repeated planets. The repeated planets in KOTOR 2 seemed like a cheapass way for the developers to cut corners and just reuse maps that have already been made. I say ALL NEW PLANETS, or, if they do return to an old planet, make the new areas at least as big as what we've already seen.

i would love to go to:

mustafar- cool lava fight a boss there!

tattoine again- much bigger, more to do!

death star- fight someone like vader or darth sidious!

earth- have lots of army bases and battle grounds.

yavin 4- see what its like

cant remeber... the place where that battle arena from starwars attack of the clones where all the jedi come and rescue anakin and padme!

unkown regions- see what if you can find out about revan, carth said about him at the end of kotor 2

It's a little too early for the Death Star, 4000 years too early to be precise.

I'd hate to disappoint you, but Earth, as far as I know, isn't a part of the Star Wars universe. Naboo perhaps?

As for the battle arena, it's on Geonosis. :)

Archived