Home

[Fanfic] The Plight of Darkness

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just a special girl :xp:

Anyway...

---Chapter Eighteen---

Elron groaned as he looked out the window. He hated snow. However a moment later, the sun came out.

"Hallelujah!" he cried, "No more effing snow!!"

---End---

You asked for it, JK :lol:

Alright, if you're really that desperate for something, I'll let you in on a little secret: I'll be entering the latest Dueling Circle Challenge on the Unofficial KotOr Fanmedia site. Stories are released on the 26th, I think...

You guys will never guess what...

Neeeeeew Chapteeeeeerrrr![/singsong voice]

A thanks to DarthOxyClean for the PM. It got me to start thinking about the Plight of Darkness again. Greatly appreciated :D

Then I guess I can thank the rest of you all for being a pain compelling me to write <.<

:xp:

---Chapter Eighteen---

The sun broke over the horizon, its beams falling over a restless and dishelved Revan as he stood outside Khoonda, his eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep. His cloak flapped lightly in the wind, his hands jammed in pockets as he stared out across the snow-covered landscape. A lit cigarette smoked in his mouth as his eyes narrowed, trying to fend off the feeling of anguish and frustration.

These dreams have left me alone for the past five years. he mused to himself as he removed the cigarette from his lips for a moment, blowing a strip of smoke from his mouth, taking a few untainted breaths of fresh air. Why do they plague me again now?

Ever since rejoining Bastila and the others, the dark, prophecy-like dreams had once again disrupted his nights to the point where he was afraid to close his eyes. It won’t happen. She won’t die. I won’t let it happen. he kept telling himself, but it didn’t make the dreams any less real.

“Revan?”

He started at Bastila’s voice. He hadn’t heard or sensed her approached.

“You weren’t in bed when I woke up…”

“Couldn’t sleep.” he said gruffly without looking at her, putting the cigarette to his lips again and taking a slow pull.

Her eyes narrowed at the movement. “I thought you said you quit.”

“I did.” he answered, glancing at her before flinging the butt into the snow.

“Revan…your eyes…” she moved over to him, placing a hand on his face and turning him to face her, “How much sleep did you get last night?”

He looked at her, his eyes soft. He didn’t answer.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, her voice dropping to a whisper as she moved closer to him, “Don’t shut me out.”

He had to look away from her, his eyes once again scanning the landscape. “The dreams are back.”

“Oh…” her hands dropped to his chest, “You mean…”

“They’re worse than before.” he murmured.

Darkness. Sith. Prophecy.

“They’re so much more…real.”

Smoke. Screaming. Blood.

“We’ve been through this, Revan…” she said, laying her head on his chest, “I’m fine. They’re just dreams.”

He folded his arms around her, holding her close and savoring the feeling of her body against his. He didn’t answer.

~*~*~*~

The winter sun fell brightly across Elron’s face as it spilled in through the window. He cracked his eyes open, stirring due to the extra light. He stretched a moment, then curled his arm around the waist of the woman who lay curled against him.

“I was wondering when you were going to wake up.” Briana whispered at his touch, her eyes still closed.

“Good morning to you too.” he said, kissing her forehead lightly, “How long have you been awake?”

“Long enough.”

“Which would mean…crack of dawn?”

“You got it.”

She slipped from beneath his arm, gracefully standing, the toned muscles in her back flexing beneath her camisole as she strode across the room.

“It’s after ten.” she stated, and he rolled over, putting a pillow over his head.

“Great. Wake me up after twelve.” Next thing he knew, a pile of robes and a lightsaber landed on his chest, making him jump. “Alright, I’m up, I’m up…women…”

“Just for that…” his belt hit him full in the face.

~*~*~*~

“Here,” Bastila said, sitting down at the table with a tray of food in her hands, “I brought you some breakfast.”

Revan smiled, giving her a quick wink, “Thanks.”

He scanned the different foods, finally deciding on a plate of wheat toast and butter. When he didn’t take anything else, Bastila spoke.

“Only a plate of toast?” she asked incredulously, eyebrows raised, “Don’t tell me Revan has suddenly lost his infamous appetite.”

“What about you?” he countered, “I haven’t seen you eat a thing this morning.”

“Oh, I’ve started watching my figure,” she joked, “My stomach’s been getting a bit larger than it should lately…”

“Hey,” he said, slipping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him on the bench, “As long as my arm can fit around it, it’s the perfect size.”

She smiled, her cheeks turning a light pink. “I’m quite partial to that color.” he commented.

“Hey guys,”

The pair looked up, drawing a bit further apart again as Elron and Briana sat down.

“Seeing as we weren’t woken up before dawn today,” the Exile commented as he sat down, looking to Revan, “I take it we didn’t get any new leads?”

“We did, actually.” he answered, “But both were false. Lead to a dead end within an hour and a half each.”

“So then we have no idea where these ruins are?” Briana asked, then to Bastila as she pointed to the food, “May I?”

“Of course.” she answered with a nod.

“No, unfortunately.” Revan said, answering her earlier question.

“It seems we’ve been to nearly every ruin on the planet’s surface.” Elron sighed, drumming his fingers on the table.

“On the surface.” Bastila pointed out, “Who ever said that what we were looking for was on the surface?”

“She’s right…the ruins on Manaan were beneath the sea, hundreds of leagues from the surface.”

“It’d be nice if we had the records from the Enclave,” Elron commented, running a hand exasperatedly through his hair, “They’d have made a note of almost any place on the entire planet.”

“One would think…” Revan murmured.

Booyah, baby. ForceFight's back in action :lol:

Heya

I just found out about this fic ( i'm sorry.. :halo2: ) and it's just AMAZING!

The way you describe everything is just perfect...everything that's being said is written to fit the character.

Now i see why this is the nr.1 story around here!

Keep it up!

PS:

(possible) HUGE spoiler

My stomach’s been getting a bit larger than it should lately…” Is there a baby-Revan on the way? The "..." is bit to obvious imo :xp:

@Ztalker: That's what I thought too. Great minds think alike, eh?

I couldn't agree with you more! :D (Especially since i read VG cats too...again, great minds...)

@ Topic:

Just wondering...are there even cigarettes in the SW universe?

putting the cigarette to his lips again and taking a slow pull.

I know it fits the scene perfectly though...it makes Revan even more bad-ass.

Unless he would use his saber to light it up, it couldn't have been better :xp:

Archived