Home

[Fanfic] The Plight of Darkness

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, you're going to kill me for this.

I've been having some trouble with PoD...much more than normal. Most of the time, at this point, I at least have an idea what the next few chapters will contain...however, this time, I don't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just sitting here for five minutes and saying 'oh, sorry, got nothin'. My ideas for the plot have gone from too many to nada. So, I'm afraid I'm setting Plight of Darkness aside. I honestly don't want to give up on this story, but it's just not working for me right now. I'll probably get started with another soon, but, while I will continue to try and work on it, PoD won't be updated for probably quite a while. The most I can say is...well...sorry. Oh, and don't kill me. Please?...oh snap

I'm surprised, Hall. I thought I was going to get the H-Bomb dropped on me when you saw this...quite literally :xp:

Well, thanks for understanding, guys. Sometimes if I set something aside for a while new, better ideas begin to form for it. Happened quite a bit with my other fics, actually...

Anyway, my other fic should be more updated, as it will be based on an RP, so...yeah. I'll just be taking the main ideas of the posts and then filling them in more...story-like. If that makes sense :D

You have a good story going here--I'd toss it in the corner for awhile, and then reread your entire story from the start after a week or two (or when school lets out and you have more time to just relax a bit). You may find some new ideas or themes to complete that way.

Say it ain't so ForceFight!?!? :(

If you have to set aside this story for the time being, take your time in coming up with ideas. If you need suggestions, don't be afraid to ask any of us. I'm sure no one will mind if you put this story on the shelf till the summer.

And I'm back. From outerspace. And I just walked in here to see that bad look upon your face...

*ahem* Anyway, I'm back. I won't be quite as involved as I was in my early months, but I'm thinking of posting reguarly again.

To everyone who is asking that she review your work, just know that a good writer does not neccesarily (how do you spell it Hall?) make a good reader. No offense to FFWM! *crowds underneath desk*

To everyone who is asking that she review your work, just know that a good writer does not necessarily (how do you spell it Hall?) make a good reader. No offense to FFWM! *crowds underneath desk*

That's how you spell it. :D

I have to disagree with your point, because while a good writer doesn't make a good reader, another writer may be going through the same problems you have, or have gone through them already.

^^^

I dont think there is a single writer on the planet that hasnt gone through a phase of writer's block at least twice. there are moments when your brain just conks out (and i know for sure that Hall's conked out a while back :xp: )

^

I disagree--you have to understand good writing to be a good critic. If you understand good writing, you generally can write at least passably well.

You can't be a good writer and critique your own writing well. However, that doesn't stop you from making an informed opinion of others' writings.

Archived