Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

"OK, we will leave." Zaalbacca said bravely."He thinks he's scary." Zaalbacca thought. The Falcon takes off. "That, hopefully is the last time we will ever go there." Roarboar said. Then, it hit them. "We forgot to leave HK-47 back there." both of the wookies said in unison. "Hopefully, he doesn't have a ship." Roarboar said."Yeah. We can return him when he's upgraded and restocked with the deadliest weapon out today." Zaalbacca said confidently.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man stands in the same spot where they found Tysyacha. He approaches the exact spot where she was lying down, kneels down and inspects the ground. He stands up.

"She's gone." He says. "And not alone. " He follows the group's tracks out of the forest. He sees the trail the hovercraft left behind and frowned.

"Who are you hiding with, servant ." He wondered.

Tysyacha felt a shudder run through her. Someone is looking for me,

she thought to herself, but why would it be one of my former Masters?

Once the Nihilites exile someone, they completely wash their bloodstained

hands of him or her, unless that same exile returns to the Temple. If anyone

is foolish enough to do that, then they're Drawn, and that's the end of that!

"Excuse me...Orlov?" Tysyacha asked timidly. "Captain? I know that you

all might be suspicious of me, considering where I come from, but I was

almost Drawn for disobeying the Nihilites. The only reason that they

reconsidered, I think, was because one of the Dark Lords saw me as

unworthy even of that final indignity! The Nihilites mainly prey upon

sentients and beasts that are very sensitive to the Force. Like Jedi."

She swallowed hard, even though there was really nothing for her to

swallow. Her mouth had gone dry. She hated speaking of her previous

Masters. Nevertheless, Syscha knew that doing so was necessary if

the Nihilites were ever going to be stopped. She stood her ground.

(OOC: As I said before in 'The Lawful Sith,' I'm going to my Uncle

Emil's funeral. I'll probably post again on Tuesday, because we

might get back late Monday night. May the Force be with you! :))

"Where you come from isn't any fault of yours." Said Reynolds. "Neither is who you worked for before. What matters is what yo do now. I'm trusting you, and I swear we'll do anything in our power to stop these guys." Orlov looked angry at this, but walked away silently. "Now go on to Yavin with Alyssa. You'll be safe there. We'll catch up as soon as we get what we need."

=========

Later, in space

The crew stood around the lounge, with the holodisplay in the middle. It showed a cylindrical object with a handle on the side and two cables sticking out of both ends

"This is what we need." Said Kayla "A compressor coil for the hyperdrive. They're pretty common, so we should find one easily in one of the old factories."

"All right. Everyone get some rest now." Said Reynolds. "After that we're going to Yavin."

Orlov, waited for the crew to leave then spoke.

"This isn't our fight, Cap."

"It is now. We've faced these guys before, if they're really planning to conquer the galaxy it's better to stop them sooner than later."

"Why don't we just turn everyone over in exchange for letting us live."

"Yeah? How long do you think that will last?"

"What about the . You heard who she's descended from! We can't trust her."

"Forget where you come from Orlov? Am I gonna judge you for what your grandfather did in the Civil War?"

Orlov glared at Reynolds.

"That's a low blow."

"Too bad. We also need work. The New Republic's ed at us, we need to make that right."

--------

The Kid's bunk

'Vales' sighed and lay down on his bunk. He closed his eyes and let sleep drift him off.

He was in a bright room. He looked around, there were piles of junk everywhere and a few windows looking out to a beautiful but dangerous landscape of flowing lava. Against his will he walked forward. He saw the part that Kayla had shown them, floating in mid air behind a small pile of junk and ran toward it.

He jumped over the pile of junk, and stopped in his tracks. He looked down. The part was floating over an empty bottom less hole. No, that wasn't right. The hole was full, full of darkness. He couldn't see it, but he sensed it somehow. He reached out for the part and grabbed it. He started pulling it toward him, when suddenly out of the darkness popped out a gloved hand, grabbed his wrist and pulled him in. He screa-

He woke up, fighting the urge to scream, his heart beating strongly enough to shake his chest. He stood up, went over to the sink and washed his face.

The man sat crosslegged, meditating. He floated a few inches above the ground, calling the Dark power he reveled in around himself.

What was that disturbance? he wondered as he felt a slight shake in the Force. His interest roused, he dove deeper, following the vibration to its source...

What he saw made him lose his concentration. In surprise, he slipped from his meditation and fell forward onto this hands and knees.

It was him. The boy. He knew it. It had to be. And what was stranger yet, he seemed to be looking for something...some kind of part. And he was coming straight towards the facility.

Like a fly drawn to light.

'Vales' wandered the ship aimlessly, knowing that if he fell asleep the dream would come again. After awhile all the lights on the ship came on, and the Captain's voice came through the comm system.

"All right, lady and gents, time to get up and work. Everyone meet me in the pit in five."

'Vales' arrived there immediately, the Captain looked surprised but said nothing. The rest arrived in under three minutes. The Captain smiled broadly.

"That's why I'm proud to have you as my crew, always so damn punctual. All right, so this should be easy, a quick land and grab, except we'll be searching for a specific part. Now" He pressed a button and a screen came to life, showing a map of Mustafar, with various spots highlighted.

"These are all the factories on Mustafar. The good news is that these. " Most of the spots disappeared. "Have been off-line too long to have the part, these" A few more spots disappeared. "Still have security systems active, and these. " A lot more spots disappeared. "Are now covered in nice warm magma. So that leaves these. " There were now only a couple dozen spots. The captain turned to 'Vales'

"Now kid, eenie meenie miney mo, where the hell do we now go?"

'Vales' concentrated, and finally pointed to one spot.

"Here. There's been people there recently. But I've got a bad feeling about it"

The Captain sighed, and Kayla spoke.

"We could try our luck in some of the othe-"

"Our luck? Notice anything about our luck lately? We need certainty. I don't want to stay here longer than we need to. We'll head there, but we'll be careful. Orlov get the weapons ready."

Orlov nodded and left, meanwhile Burne got into the pilot's seat and manuevered the ship to land.

The man looked up as he heard pistons firing and a large thumping noise coming from one of the above landing pads.

The fly has flown into the spider's web.

He smiled darkly to himself. Picking up the part that he had lying next to him, he got up and headed towards the noise. Eventually, he came out to the top level. Just up a flight of stairs, there was a landing dock, and what else but a ship there. The man watched from the shadows as the crew disembarced. They had heavy weapons and armor. This would get interesting.

Let's see them shoot what they can't see.

Immediatly, the man was cloaked in the Darkness itself and disappeared from sight. Now, even if the lights in the room were turned on, he would only be found by a Force sensative. If the boy was with them, it wouldn't be a problem. But if he wasn't...

((This'll be my last post for the night...))

As they walked off the ramp 'Vales' spoke.

"I got a bad feeling about this."

Reynolds nodded.

"Burne, Kayla, stay with the ship. If we're not back in fifteen minutes, take off, get help, and come back to rescue us."

"What? And risk our shiny new ship?" Asked Burne. They laughed.

"You better risk more than that, else I'll kick your ass" Said Orlov.

Orlov, 'Vales' and Reynolds headed toward the factory, meanwhile the ship's ramp closed again.

From where he hid, the man watched as three of the crew members came down the stairs into the room and the loading ramp of the ship close up again.

Only three? This will be too easy.

He stayed in hidding as the trio entered the room, searching in the darkness to find a way to turn the lights on. Even if they did find the switch, they would find that it wouldn't provide them with any light...

"Damn!" the man who appeared to be the captain swore. "Alright, use the sublights."

Immediatly, three beams of high-powered light sprouted from the edges of their gun barrels. Illuminated by the light, the man caught a glimps of each of the three crew members and smiled. It was him. The boy was with them.

"Spread out and get searching."

As the captain walked towards the place where the man stood, he snickered. The captain must have heard because he turned in his direction.

"Looking for this?" the man said, unshielding himself and holding the part up. The captain jumped back in surprise.

The man grinned evily. Almost insanly. "Oh Captain, Captain. What kind of welcome is this for an old friend?"

Turning towards the boy, he said, "As for what I want...two things. You tell me. Oh, and by the way, might I point out that this is the only part of its type in this factory? Ha, on Mustafar for that matter."

Tysyacha turned to Alyssa. "The sooner we can reach Yavin, the better.

I hope everything is all right with this ship--not that I expected it wouldn't

be!" She let out a rueful giggle. Why am I always trying to say the right

things, but it comes out all wrong? she asked herself and sighed lightly.

(Hey guys, today (Oct. 4) is my birthday.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roarboar & Zaalbacca go to Corasaunt (sp?) to get their ship repaired by trading the minerals & get the HK-47 unit buffed, waxed, & repaired. They are soon ready to see the jedi council about their encounter on Mustfar.

"Really?" he thought for a while. This could easily be some sort of trickery so that they could get their parts, but he didn't sense any deception coming from the man. And he highly doubted that he had the advanced training needed to sheild his intentions. "Very well. I'll cut you a deal." the man said, "You let me travel with you so I can meet this...Tysyacha, and I will give you your part. No ticket abord the S.S.Retard, no part. Get it? Got it? Good."

Tysyacha suddenly went up and bowed to Orlov.

"I had once heard of a man, a fearless Mandalorian called Canderous,

who was a master tactician and veteran of war. If I remember correctly,

Canderous accompanied the infamous Darth Revan to the worlds beyond

the Outer Rim. You remind me of this legend, if I do say so myself."

She cleared her throat. "Now to my point. I don't want to put you

or your crew in any danger, either necessary or nuisance. Canderous

would not suffer either, and in you I see his strength and bravura.

Perhaps it would be better if I returned to my exile, so that you,

your captain, Reynolds, and the rest of your crew can warp as far

away from the Nihilites as possible. You'll want to do so before long!"

Archived