Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

"Yes," said Tysyacha, and she stretched out her soft, pale hands

for Alyssa to take. "Tell me. I must know how strong I am in the

Force now, because I don't want to waste time on possible--

training--if there is no way I can be expected to complete all of it."

Syscha meant Jedi training, and Alyssa probably knew that her young

passenger meant Jedi training. How would she respond to this request?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well sorry, but I'm a bit new to this in case you hadn't noticed." he mumbled as the captain rushed away.

He ran from corridor to corridor until he finally found the lift to the turret.

He took the lift up and sat in the gunner seat. Putting the ear peice in his ear and hooking up to the interface, he mummbled, "Well, there's a first time for everything."

The screen before him turned on and he swivled the controls around, getting a feel for the controls. The ship shuddered again.

"What the hell are you doing up there?!? Get shooting damn it!!" came the Captain's roar through the ear peice. Elron winced at the volume.

"Keep your shirt on, I'm getting to it."

He sighted, took aim, and pulled the trigger, letting two bursts fly from the gun barrel. The first missed but the second hit dead on.

"Haha! What do you say to that? Still think I'm worthless?" he mocked into the mike.

"Yeah, we'll see about that!" came the Captain's irritated reply.

Alyssa took the girl's hands in hers and smiled. "No training is ever wasted. But as you insist..." she stared intently into Tysyacha's eyes, focusing not on them, but seeming to see past them. Her smile deepened and her eyes refocused.

"Skywalker... Master Skywalker would love to welcome you into training," she said. Then she groaned. "But the BC is going to hate the idea." She chuckled. "Makes me wonder if they really hold to the 'fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering' stuff they always spout."

"We don't have that kind of time." He switched channels. "Kayla how's it going?"

"It'd be going a lot better if we weren't moving so much."

"We'd be spacedust if we weren't moving so much. "

The ship suddenly shook hard.

"Where the hell did they hit us?"

"Next to the airlock cap." answered Burne

The captain swore.

"They're aiming for the damn airlock. Burne, you remember the manuevers you told us about, specifically the Womp rat turn?"

"You can't be serious."

"They hit the airlock, we're done for."

Burne nodded, then spoke into the comm. "For the newbie up in the turrets, this is your warning."

The ship suddenly lurched to a complete stop, did a 180 and accelerated to maximum speed, heading straight toward the Undertaker

"Gee, thanks." Elron said as the ship did a flip. "That doesn't help me not loose my lunch."

There was a huge shudder.

"What the hell was that, might I ask??" Elron bellowed into the mike.

"Our shields are failing, genius!! Less talking, more shooting!"

"Well sorry!" he mummbled. "Now then..." he said, focusing himself, "time to kick it into overdrive."

He pulled on the Force, allowing it to aim the turret, allowing it to pull the trigger, allowing it to direct the stream of plasma right up, through a hole in the Undertaker's sheilds, and blast straight into the hull.

"Hope that hurt!" he yelled, as if the crew could here him.

"Ah, that," Alyssa answered slowly, cautiously. "Well... they've adopted the Old Jedi Order's views of how the Jedi should work... and in that is included a hesitance to train older students... especially ones who've had prior exposure to the Dark Side."

A pause. "But look on the bright side; the OC can often outtalk the BC and when they can't, the Sith Hunters frighten them into submission..." she chuckled. "But really, the Sith Hunters are rather friendly..."

"Sith Hunters?" Tysyacha gulped. "Once they hear about the Nihilites,

these Hunters of which you speak will consider the Sith to be Younglings!"

"Maybe so," said Alyssa, "but it seems as if your former Masters are

also Sith, degenerate to the ultimate degree. Am I right about this?"

Not wanting to, Tysyacha nodded. She'd wanted to give Alyssa

some hope, some reason to want to fight them, but what good was

it if the hope you gave, and the reasons, turned out to be false?

"Anything else you'd like to ask?", smiled the captain obligingly.

"Can Jedi fall in love now? I have kind of a crush on Ben Skywalker already."

Stupid, stupid, stupid, thought Tysyacha, but it's the truth.

Archived