Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Both fake. Multiple spelling mistakes and grammer use in bot articles. It's not from LA themselves.

Just because there is spelling mistakes doesn't mean it's not true.

That article is real because this is the original interview with Nancy MacIntyre

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/nov2006/id20061122_709907.htm

{Snip} The observations about the other posters spelling lends nothing to your statement here, it does invite flaming though. Even with a smily. -RH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SDD, always looking to bring you the original and not the obvious flame says:

"Grammer".

Haha.

In any case, even being a spelling nazi, indeed I agree that some spelling mistakes and typos wouldn't imply something is either true or false... And vice versa.

I heard today that BioWare is INDEED making KOTOR III, however it won't be till late 2008, middle 2009 at the earliest because they are working on Mass Effect for a November 2007 release and next year they plan on releasing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG, now this comes from a very reliable source whom I trust so do not just poo-poo it away, it's from a perfectly reliable source who has told me these kind of things before. The thinking is that they want to keep it hush hush as a surprise, but they are making it, and it IS BioWare. So guys, give the KOTOR III stuff a rest, it is coming, and it won't be for a year and a half AT LEAST.

I heard today that BioWare is INDEED making KOTOR III, however it won't be till late 2008, middle 2009 at the earliest because they are working on Mass Effect for a November 2007 release and next year they plan on releasing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG, now this comes from a very reliable source whom I trust so do not just poo-poo it away, it's from a perfectly reliable source who has told me these kind of things before. The thinking is that they want to keep it hush hush as a surprise, but they are making it, and it IS BioWare. So guys, give the KOTOR III stuff a rest, it is coming, and it won't be for a year and a half AT LEAST.
Ah, so you have a secret source that has proven very reliable in the past. While that may work for you it does not work for me because:

1) I don't know your source and the information your source has provided is unverifiable. That means I personally file it under Rumor and Speculation. :)

2) BioWare employees made it known earlier this year that they are not working on KotoR 3 and had no plans to do so thus your unverifiable source contradicts what BioWare employees have publicly stated.

I guess only time will tell if your "source" is correct but I'm not holding my breath. :dozey:

Ah, so you have a secret source that has proven very reliable in the past. While that may work for you it does not work for me because:

1) I don't know your source and the information your source has provided is unverifiable. That means I personally file it under Rumor and Speculation. :)

2) BioWare employees made it known earlier this year that they are not working on KotoR 3 and had no plans to do so thus your unverifiable source contradicts what BioWare employees have publicly stated.

I guess only time will tell if your "source" is correct but I'm not holding my breath. :dozey:

No one has to believe me, I didn't post it to be believed, I just posted to give SOME hope to fans. It is in some video game publication as well, I can't remember which one, once I get the name for you, you can look it up, but you don't have to believe it, it's completely up to you.

i personally think that if it is being made, kotor3 won't be announced untill near its completion (that spelling looks wrong to me). it would'nt be the first company that has held back on the announcement so they have a longer timetable to work with. after all, was'nt K2 released within a year of the first one? and although both games a enjoyable, K2 had a lot of issues that is only resently being sorted by people of the general public.

although i want a 3rd game i cannot be happy untill i hear a proper confirmation that it IS being made.

I agree with Char Ell. It has been clearly stated by BioWare that they don't have plans for a Kotor3. Even notable Video Game sites (like IGN) like to throw out rumors once in a while. I don't believe a word of any of it unless LucasArts confirms it.

I agree with Char Ell. It has been clearly stated by BioWare that they don't have plans for a Kotor3. Even notable Video Game sites (like IGN) like to throw out rumors once in a while. I don't believe a word of any of it unless LucasArts confirms it.

You know, I'm tired of this. Not of your doubts, that's fine and well, however there are MANY companies who deny any rumors that are true because they have signed a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with another company so they cannot comment on it.

You know, I'm tired of this. Not of your doubts, that's fine and well, however there are MANY companies who deny any rumors that are true because they have signed a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with another company so they cannot comment on it.
I agree that development companies are restricted either by contract with a publisher/licensor or by internal edict from revealing information about a game before it's officially announced. However I do think there is a big difference between a company withholding comment/information about an unannouced game and a company representative specifically stating his company is not making a certain game.

I'm one who believes BioWare's community coordinator wouldn't have lied to everyone in the BioWare community when, in response to a rumor published in OXM, he advised everyone that BioWare wasn't making KotOR 3. And one of BioWare's designers (James Henley) posted in the same thread in support of Chris Priestly's statement, stating that if KotOR 3 was being made it wasn't BioWare making it.

Messrs. Priestly and Henley didn't state anything about their company not making a KotOR MMORPG though so that rumor is still very much alive and in the wild. It is of course 100% speculation as far as I can tell. :)

Don't get mad when people doubt the "friend of a friend of dog's best friends owner's, sisters, brothers, sparing partner" theory. Many have been let down by it before . Ill wait until i hear some press release. And i agree there is looking to be more chance of an KOTOR MMO to be made right now by Bioware than KOTOR 3. I will love and cherish either one and we'll get them :wid:

I don't know how you guys and gals feel about it, but in my opinion no KotOR at all would be better than a KotOR MMO. The thing why the two KotOR games have been so wonderful is the fact that they were single player experiences. An MMO at this stage would kill the series.

I want a completition of the Revan saga and nothing else. Kotor2-s ending clearly seems to be built on a hope or a plan that K3 carries on with the story.

With the technology they have aquired for the MMO it looks like it will be story driven and allow everyone to have apart of figuring out Ravens whereabouts...dont get me wrong...id love to see a KOTOR 3...but the MMO if done correctly could have the same effect on the story.

With the technology they have aquired for the MMO it looks like it will be story driven and allow everyone to have apart of figuring out Ravens whereabouts...

Enough technology to make the monthly fees unnecessary, eh? :p

Doesn't sound very fun. If you give hundreds/thousands of people a chance to participate and quit the story at will you'll end up making them all unimportant characters and barely connected to the plot. That and there's how MMOs can't have beginnings, endings, or particular points in the storyline the same way normal RPGs do.

Actually, they can have the players have an effect. The difficult part would be dealing with the fact that each content patch/expansion would out-date the previous version of the game, so then they'd need to come up with new low-level content (unless they make it so only higher-level characters affect the story line, but then the lower-levels would get pissed that they can't affect the game like the box said. And they'd still have to change the higher-level content). And unless they find a way server wipes (for when a server 'beat' the game) don't piss everyone off that game would fail miserably.

That and it'd have to compete with WoW, which no 'WoW killer' done.

I think I'm one of the only people who actually wants a KotOR MMO, well, on here anyway, all my mates want it I want it yet no one on here seems to want one, still whenever I see a comment saying something like "a KotOR MMO would ruin the series, stick to the single player RPG", I basically look at the comment and laugh, it most certainly would NOT ruin the the KotOR franchise, any sane person would know that they wouldn't make it so you play as any famous well known KotOR characters, it wouldn't barely touch into an adaptation of the current KotOR storyline, it would be a completely separate storyline that at the most only mentions bits of the current KotOR story, who you would play as would be a lone character most likely and have no connection to Revan, Malak, Bastilla ect. I don't know how many times I must stress this, but it definitely WON'T ruin KotOR.

*sigh* If that doesn't work I don't know what will.

If a Kotor MMO would be developed next to a Kotor singleplayer game, I wouldn't mind. Though I fear that if a Kotor MMO would be made, it would resemble Galaxies too much. Improvements could certainly be made gameplay-wise. The problem is, the focus of MMo's is gameplay, not story, and that's exactly what makes the Kotor franchise so exciting. What would a Kotor MMO have more than Galaxies? I mean, is there enough difference between Dantooine in the Kotor Era and the Rebellion Era to have it in a Kotor MMO, to give an example? Would lightsaber combat be so much different in those two aforementioned Era's? Would the general Star Wars feeling be so much different in those two Era's? If the answer on those questions is yes, then hell yeah, why not? But then only if it doesn't interfere with a third Kotor singleplayer.

If a Kotor MMO would be developed next to a Kotor singleplayer game, I wouldn't mind. Though I fear that if a Kotor MMO would be made, it would resemble Galaxies too much. Improvements could certainly be made gameplay-wise. The problem is, the focus of MMo's is gameplay, not story, and that's exactly what makes the Kotor franchise so exciting. What would a Kotor MMO have more than Galaxies? I mean, is there enough difference between Dantooine in the Kotor Era and the Rebellion Era to have it in a Kotor MMO, to give an example? Would lightsaber combat be so much different in those two aforementioned Era's? Would the general Star Wars feeling be so much different in those two Era's? If the answer on those questions is yes, then hell yeah, why not? But then only if it doesn't interfere with a third Kotor singleplayer.

Well, it is kind of a logical trait in game developers to improve gaming, which is why I'm sure that it won't be a galaxy remake, as I doubt LA will allow Sony Online to make any of their games again, if it were developed by Obsidian for instance then they would improve it and hopefully, and most likely not end up with anything like SWG.

the issue im seeing with the KOTOR MMO is that people want the 3rd KOTOR 1st...then im pretty sure they'd love to see an MMO afterwards....just want a completion to the story we've been givin. I def want a KOTOR MMO, however they do it is totally fine with me..ill be playin on day one. but i do agree that a singleplayer KOTOR 1st before the MMO would be a better option and would allow them to set up the storyline to support the MMO. I just finished TSL last nite...left me with a feeling of wanting more due to teh lackluster ending and I'm sure many people feel the same.

the issue im seeing with the KOTOR MMO is that people want the 3rd KOTOR 1st...then im pretty sure they'd love to see an MMO afterwards....just want a completion to the story we've been givin. I def want a KOTOR MMO, however they do it is totally fine with me..ill be playin on day one. but i do agree that a singleplayer KOTOR 1st before the MMO would be a better option and would allow them to set up the storyline to support the MMO. I just finished TSL last nite...left me with a feeling of wanting more due to teh lackluster ending and I'm sure many people feel the same.

Maybe I'm just shouting to much at everyone who is saying NO to a KotOR MMO, as you say they're probably saying no because they want KotOR III first. Well has any of you lot that don't want a KotOR MMO actually thought that the reason why there are more rumours and speculation about a KotOR MMO because KotOR III is already in development and the MMO is in the planning stages, most people forget that most rumours and actual evidence comes from the planning stages, remember the first time there was rumors about KotOR III in development, there were lots, and obviously suggested they were true when LA fired the team working on K3, what nobody really considered was that they hired a new team to develop K3 almost instantly after, maybe that's why there is more talk of an MMO, so people please relax, even if the MMO is made first K3 will almost certainly follow very quickly.

I hope your right....plus...most of the people who are sayin NO! to a KOTOR MMO will be playing it anyways :p

ps. your sig pic says its a mage...but isnt that a shaman...dont know of any mages with Nature spells...

I am of the opinion that Lucasarts has to make a third KOTOR. Look at the way TSL ended, it ended in a "cliff hanger". Think about it, ending the KOTOR series with TSL would be like Lucas ending the Star Wars movies with The Empire Strikes Back. I mean, there are too many questions left unanswered. Who is this true Sith? Where are they? What was Revan's fate? How will the Exile find Revan? What are the true Sith's "lands"? and so on. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are definitely going to make a third KOTOR.

I am of the opinion that Lucasarts has to make a third KOTOR. Look at the way TSL ended, it ended in a "cliff hanger". Think about it, ending the KOTOR series with TSL would be like Lucas ending the Star Wars movies with The Empire Strikes Back. I mean, there are too many questions left unanswered. Who is this true Sith? Where are they? What was Revan's fate? How will the Exile find Revan? What are the true Sith's "lands"? and so on. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are definitely going to make a third KOTOR.

I'm not saying I don't want them to make KotOR III or that they shouldn't, I'm just saying that people should be more open to the idea of a KotOR MMO, that's all I was saying. :)

Archived