Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

A Kotor3 is absolutely necessary, IMO, to finish up the story. We don't even know how the Jedi Order has reestablished itself again. But also think a Kotor MMO would fit well in the Era. A war with the True Sith would spawn a battlefield that can be used for a MMO. But I still doubt if they could make it interesting enough.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't want to see the KOTOR series end in a pay monthly MMO in order to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile. Don't get me wrong, if they made a MMO alongside a singleplayer game of KOTOR 3, that would be great. I just think that if you start a franchise a certain way, you should at least finish it the same way. I just don't want a MMO in place of KOTOR 3.

I just don't want to see the KOTOR series end in a pay monthly MMO in order to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile. Don't get me wrong, if they made a MMO alongside a singleplayer game of KOTOR 3, that would be great. I just think that if you start a franchise a certain way, you should at least finish it the same way. I just don't want a MMO in place of KOTOR 3.

That's the opposite of what I've been saying. They won't replace KotOR III with a KotOR MMO, there's no logic behind doing that and would deffinetely lose money if they did do that, they're not stupid, of course they'll finish the KotOR story even if they did make a kotOR MMO. Making a KotOR MMO doesn't mean they won't make KotOR III.

Yes we do, the Exile and the other Jedi she trained rebuild it...

That is true. But we don't know how, and what impact their "new" teachings will have for the future. And combined with the fact that there's a threat to the Republic, there's still the question how the "new' Order survived this. A lot of questions arise when an order gets wiped out completely and is then being rebuild. Even more when the one who actually rebuilds it, is the one who has been exiled by the Masters of the "old" Order. And that "new" Order was established in very difficult times. The Republic on the verge of collapsing, worlds struggling to find peace again... how did this "new" Order survive? Even more so when the Jedi and Sith are basically viewed as one by most people in the galaxy. The only thing we know is that the Exile managed to rebuild the Order, with the "lost" Jedi as the first apprentices and the first Jedi Knights. There are many questions I'd like answers on...

There's still Atris, who has at least access to the Jedi writtings, which should enable her to help teaching new students. Afaik, it's canon, that Exile helped Atris to leave the path of the dark side. And there's still Bastilla - and if someone like her survived, probably other Jedi survived as well :-) After some centuries, the "rebuilt" Jedi Order could succeed in regaining most of it's old teachings...

look you can hav 160 pages of speculation and debation but if one comanay is is going to have a say in it its going to be bioware if one company did a good job at it it was bioware and if theres one company that can do it again its bioware.

Following up on the last few posts, I wold also like Obsidian to make KotOR III rather than BioWare. Obsidian just did a better job overall, and they would have completed the game if it hadn't been for LucasArts. Plus, Obsidian has said they are still interested in making K3, and BioWare has said that they have no plans to make it.

you wouldn't ask for a spific relese date or anything just if there its going to happen and who is doing it and i kinda wanted it from obsidian but the gameplay in k2 was so tidious and fod gods sake it took me 5 hours to get my lightsaber(because bioware games have a certain lack of freedom that you'd need in an rpg and the inprovement of openness that they boast for ME seems to be mostly diolge and misssion freedom).someone said along time ago and i dont know where said

kotor+oblivion = best game ever

but lets face it when lucas arts makes the game there going to tell bioware why becase if they had a and in kotor 2 they'll probably have a hand in kotor 3

and correct me if i'm wrong but doesent bioware have some kind of copy wright on the kotor series i think it says that every time you start kotor 2

anyways hers a link saying that lucas did'nt forget about kotor

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/nov2006/id20061122_709907.htm

Sounds like Lucas to me. Cash, cash and cash.

I know, it's so unrealistic to expect a company to want profit for what they do. The fiends! No, of course they want money but they also need it to create good games, hire better workers, make a nice site, and more. I'm sure LA wants to listen to its fan base, but it doesn't have to. Sure, that means a lot less buyers but it also means them getting to do what they really want to do ( for whatever reason.) I don't like the wait, but I'm certainly not going to stop buying LA games because of it. I know you didn't say you would, but I know people who would.

I am sure lucasarts knows that if they make a KOTOR 3 game it will sell well due to it's fan base and it's past success, perhaps they are just waiting for the right time.

@ Jae and Kal Onasi: are you guys related? (i am new here)

No, we're not related. :) --Jae

Hello

I must say I woke up to the KotOR saga very late in my madness for Star Wars. I guess it's never too late, even so I wish I could have played the game earlier to live it like those who did when it was released.

But now that I finished KotOR, I can only feel I want more...

So many questions are left unanswered with KotOR II... So many! It's not like Lucas to just let things untold or unfinished...

I keep seeing marketing pressure the Unleashed. I heard about a Republic Commandos sequel and more, but no KotOR, the best selling Star Wars game ever?

(My first post here, :) )

but no KotOR, the best selling Star Wars game ever?

Actually, Battlefront was the best selling Star Wars game. ;)

But I agree. I don't think they meant the series to end like this. And the Unleashed strategy is what keeps a next Kotor from being made, and understandable IMO. Besides the work that goes into Unleashed, together with their other games, they don't want a third Kotor to compete with their own Unleashed.

Originally Posted by Miltiades

But I agree. I don't think they meant the series to end like this. And the Unleashed strategy is what keeps a next Kotor from being made, and understandable IMO. Besides the work that goes into Unleashed, together with their other games, they don't want a third Kotor to compete with their own Unleashed.

That's a good theory, plus (adding something positive here) they might have to wait 'till Bioware has finished their Mass Effect game untill they can officially start using the Engine (read: announce the game). Similar stuff has happened with several Unreal engines, to name one. Kotor with Mass Effect graphics...*drool*

Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see what LucasArts has up their sleeves for us after The Force Unleashed. E3 2008, anyone? :)

That's a good theory, plus (adding something positive here) they might have to wait 'till Bioware has finished their Mass Effect game untill they can officially start using the Engine (read: announce the game). Similar stuff has happened with several Unreal engines, to name one. Kotor with Mass Effect graphics...*drool*

Why would LucasArts need to wait for Bioware's Mass Effect? It's Epic's engine. But a Kotor III with Unreal Engine 3 graphics would rule, definitely!

I must say I woke up to the KotOR saga very late in my madness for Star Wars. I guess it's never too late, even so I wish I could have played the game earlier to live it like those who did when it was released.

Time matters not. :yoda4

We all lived it in each our own way, just probably more times than you.

...Maybe, depending on how often you've played. :)

That's one of the best things about this game, it's replay value. The ability to develop characters and choose your path through the story. BioWare did an excellent job and has been successful ever since. Being primarily a console player, it was KotOR that was responsible for me going back to experience this genre.

Whether or not LucasArts decides to hire them for the next KotOR is yet to be seen. We have heard promises that this series would not be left behind, and I believe that, but there are too many avenues for speculation to actually know until they tell us.

Personally, I believe they would want BioWare to head this project but may be waiting until there's room on their plate. It was reported that BioWare has no problem doing it and would welcome the job, but hasn't been asked by LA yet.

Decisions just may be hinging on what system to use which would determine the type of game. Would they dare change it?

Also, what started out a PC game has crossed over smoothly to console and they may be determining platform as well.

...Oh, by the way, welcome.

Time matters not. :yoda4

We all lived it in each our own way, just probably more times than you.

...Maybe, depending on how often you've played. :)

That's one of the best things about this game, it's replay value. The ability to develop characters and choose your path through the story. BioWare did an excellent job and has been successful ever since. Being primarily a console player, it was KotOR that was responsible for me going back to experience this genre.

Whether or not LucasArts decides to hire them for the next KotOR is yet to be seen. We have heard promises that this series would not be left behind, and I believe that, but there are too many avenues for speculation to actually know until they tell us.

Personally, I believe they would want BioWare to head this project but may be waiting until there's room on their plate. It was reported that BioWare has no problem doing it and would welcome the job, but hasn't been asked by LA yet.

Decisions just may be hinging on what system to use which would determine the type of game. Would they dare change it?

Also, what started out a PC game has crossed over smoothly to console and they may be determining platform as well.

...Oh, by the way, welcome.

Hey... my posts were deleted??? Ah well, rules are rules.

Yes. KotOR is timeless. I hope KotOR III is also timeless. The reply value is guaranteed is such titles.

And thanks for the welcoming... :)

The posts weren't deleted--I just moved them to the correct thread (see above). --Jae

It was reported that BioWare has no problem doing it and would welcome the job' date=' but hasn't been asked by LA yet.[/quote'] I haven't read anything about BioWare wanting to make KotOR 3. Are you sure you haven't mistaken Obsidian Entertainment's CEO for a BioWare employee? Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart reportedly stated in 2006 March:
"We have been talking with LucasArts to do KOTOR3 since August 2004 and we hoped to do it since KOTOR2 was done. LucasArts is thinking what they want to do with it and we would happily make KOTOR3, if that's what LucasArts wants to do."
Source: Total Video Games

I haven't read anything about BioWare wanting to make KotOR 3. Are you sure you haven't mistaken Obsidian Entertainment's CEO for a BioWare employee? Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart reportedly stated in 2006 March: Source: Total Video Games

Yes, I'm totally mistaken. That's exactly what I read. I mistook Obsidian's reply for BioWare.

My apologies.

...and thank you Char Ell.

I think I need some sleep.

Personally' date=' I believe they would want BioWare to head this project but may be waiting until there's room on their plate. It was reported that BioWare has no problem doing it and would welcome the job, but hasn't been asked by LA yet.[/quote']

Actually that was Obsidian that said that not Bioware ;)

If Obsidian would like to make it then we should just wait till LA wants it to be made and made right.

I mean LA has alot on its hands now and if it needs some more time then we should give it some more time but I plan on them announcing it around some time around next year or so but if they havn't by then I wouldn't count on KOTOR3 being in production ever.

@ Cygnus Q'ol - No worries. :) But do get some sleep. It sucks to be sleep-deprived. ;)

OK. So I'm really scraping the bottom of the KotOR news barrel with this one. Well, actually this can't be classified as news per se but rather is a rumor that may or may not have anything to do with another KotOR game. *sigh*

After visiting Gen Con 2007 in Indianapolis, Alleycat Games reports that three Star Wars miniature sets will be released in 2008. The first one is for characters from The Legacy of The Force comics. The remaining two sets are rumored to be for The Clone Wars TV show and Knights of the Old Republic. If true, then this miniature set could be based on the KotOR comics but of course I'm hoping that the set is based on characters from the KotOR games and that this is another reminder that LucasArts hasn't dropped the KotOR game franchise.

Like I said, scraping the very bottom of the barrel on this one... :giveup:

Archived