Home

reintroducing Revan as PC in a KIII.

-JoBo-

I want to hear your thoughts on how one could best reintroduce Revan as a PC in KIII.

Obviously Revan would have to be stripped of his powers.

Personally i believe this could have been caused by whatever leads these "true Sith".

We might not have to give Revan memory loss, by for example making him start on a prison colony of these true Sith, and sticking him there for whatever amount of time you need.

Losing knowledge of the happenings in the Universe since being captured.

The biggest problem i have with a possible return of Revan is how on earth to motivate him/her to make moral choices again between LS and DS? Unless you make whatever he/she had not have been enough to defeat these Sith for some reason...

And in what way does the universe respond to his return???

No one acknowledges him?? Obviously story-wise that would be hard with characters from K1 that knew Revan.

You would also end up with a very branched storyline between LS and DS.

How do you suggest they could best reintroduce Revan as PC ?

I'm thinking that if they do it, it's going to be very difficult to make things make sense and still keep it the same sort of game.

My idea, which I posted on the "KotOR III guessings" thread for Revan being the PC, is this: The enemy learned of Revan and saw that he was too powerful, so they attempted, by gathering all their powerful force-users, to try a ancient and forbidden technique to cut him off from the force. They were succesful, and he lost all of his power, along with some of his memory from the extreme shock of the method.

Why would he need to? You could have a system whereby people could upload their characters from K1, or you simply carry on at Lvl 20...

Can that still be considerd a KotOR game?

The whole idea of KotOR is to develop your character into a ever more powerful force character.Driving his/her story by making moral choices between LS or DS.

How much more powerful could a level 20 Revan get?

Hmmm this is unrelated but does anyone like the idea of a evil Yoda character?

We have had a evil Wookiee why not a evil Yoda for KotOR III ?

Why would he need to? You could have a system whereby people could upload their characters from K1, or you simply carry on at Lvl 20...

The only reason Revan was level 20 was because that was the limit of the K1 game. I think that it is reasonable to assume that all things being equal that Revan would have been say level 50 if Exile is level 35 (for example). Revan is supposed to be "The Man" and as such should've been more powerful than Exile. So the only reason he is not is an accident of being in the more primitive game.

Now about reintroducing Revan...Revan in some kind of dungeon/prison all hairy and dirty and smelly and somehow stripped of his force connection. Revan escapes and becomes powerful again and seeks revenge (or just stop the threat for LS) a la Count of Monte Cristo.

Or Revan in a prison with a force dampening face mask on. A strike team composed of some new characters with a couple of returning NPC's bust him out and remove the mask. They go on to seek revenge (or just stop the threat for LS) a la Man in the Iron Mask.

mmm... i myself can't really see Revan coming back as a PC, but if he does I was under the impression he goes to fight something or another, perhaps the True SIth (i dunno), loses and is left for dead, considering the magnitude of his/her power and losing I'd say he/she manages to stay alive, and A. recover on his/her own then go hunting or B. the Bastila/Kreia character shows up to save him/her and teh story goes on from there.

EDIT: in the process of getting whooped revan loses his/her powers

and the meaning for the Bastila/Kreia character i meant as in the mentor kinda character. aka. Bastila as Mentor and Kreia as Master...

I think we should not play revan again in kotor 3 because he will know too much about what's going on. Kotor 3 story must be like the one in the 1 and 2, strange, intriguing and with some surprising information at the end. I dont think that it could happen with Revan as main character. Unless they make for the third time in 3 strory a chararter that had a memory lost. :p

OK here's mine:

You start of as a citizen of a colony of refugees in the Unknown Regions, you are like a part of a family there. You finish you last tests and you can get one with life and go to the Known Regions. The thing that has been happening is that a dream seems to trobule you. The main character helps (or kills) other villages and finds out that there is a old man in the mountains that can help you. You go to him and he's a Obi-Wan/Kreia mix, a Jedi. You go through conversations and you determine what happened from the Mandalorian Wars to the end of KOTOR 2. You walk out of the cave and at the bottom of it is a Force-user. He (she, depending on the conversation) is called Ryan Pano (clone of Pierce Brosnan in my opinion) or Allana Fayden. You try to get off the planet. You call the Ebon Hawk and get ready for the departure. Just then when you're saying goodbye, the Sith attack the planet and waste it completely.

Later on the ship, Ryan Pano is acctuely the Exile (Ry'ghol in Sith). You find out that the Galaxy is now a Sith Empire and there is a Sith Order.

Later when you gather all your party members, you find out that you are Revan.

If I told more to make very much sense, I would have to tell my version of KOTOR 3 story. But that is a spoiler, now isn't it?!

I think that it would not be difficult. I mean, at least in K1 therew as a reason for REvan's memory loss. the Exile;s has a very woolly excuse indeed.

Why wouldn't Revan lose his memory?

Also, in KIII, he oculd start at Lvl 20, [provided there was further for him to go fr om that level. Also, the enemies would simply be harder. Maybe you would have your lightsabre destroyed.....

Let me get this straight... you want the story for Kotor 3 to be:

Revan loses his memory and his powers and his lightsaber and slowly he regains them and either saves the galaxy or conquers it.

and let me guess, you want the story for Kotor 4 to be:

Revan loses his memory and his powers and his lightsaber and slowly he regains them and either saves the galaxy or conquers it.

then there comes the much anticipated Kotor 5 which will change Kotor forever in which:

Very original ideas!

to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated an you should play as a new PC the answering questions thing that determines the gender and looks of revan and exile as said by vladimir should be introduced and you should find them enslaved in the sith empire break them out and they find out your the chosen one even stronger than revan!!!! that will be interesting and you should fall in love with a sith girl an u could conquer the galaxy with her or save her and save the galaxy tooo now that would be good

then there comes the much anticipated Kotor 5 which will change Kotor forever in which:

Very original ideas!

I love you when you post such good posts montnoir :D

Well, I would like it first if you would explain why Revan is not playable and would be too complicated. I do not really understand why he isn't, and you really didn't give much of any reason why. I do like the idea of being a new PC and finding Revan, of course, that would be a good story also I think. And I like the idea of falling in love with a sith girl.

to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated an you should play as a new PC the answering questions thing that determines the gender and looks of revan and exile as said by vladimir should be introduced and you should find them enslaved in the sith empire break them out and they find out your the chosen one even stronger than revan!!!! that will be interesting and you should fall in love with a sith girl an u could conquer the galaxy with her or save her and save the galaxy tooo now that would be good

But I thought the chosen one was Anakin? I mean that wouldn't make much sense now would it?

mmm... i agree that revan should not be playable... but I don't see why he can't be a major influence in the game like TSL, i'm thinking the 'Atton Scene' where you set if revan was good/bad and thios time the Exile too. I can just imagine you were once with the True Sith where they decide they don't need you, beat you up, leave you for dead, you use teh rest of your force power to save you (there's the lvl1 part >_>) and then you go in search of Revan and the Exile to join them for: Dark Side, Revenge or Light Side, Attempt to redeem them, afterall besides Visas in K1 and 2 you never get to redeem anyone...

... keep in mind this is just my guessings and probably has less then 1% of being true, don't wanna get dragged in2 an arguement i do not :sithk:

EDIT: when I say you're looking to join Revan/Exile you never meet him/her until ... perhaps the end in the final battle? You could have a bunch of other party members and in truth looking for holocrons or something left by Revan with hints on where he is etc... oh yeah i repeat these are just my ideas, poke holes in them if you wish by they are MY ideas >_<

Very original ideas!

Well said, I wholeheartedly agree montnoir! :)

to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated

I agree with you as well John! :)We will be playing a new PC in KOTOR III

It is becoming rapidly apparent to me that some or all of the ADD generation, button mashing, console kiddies cannot seem to grasp the concepts of what an RPG game is. :xp:

(Oops! I went and posted on this topic, now Vlad will want my hide!) :D

OORRR they could make it an epic leveled game ala Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal which was a badass game filled with uberpowerful baddies to kick the still beating hearts from your not-quite-as-powerful PC's. So it can be done - especially since no matter what game/show/whatever your playing/watching/whatever theres always someone in the world/galaxy/universe/ more powerful than your most powerful person.

Archived