Home

Xena: Warrior Planet

Fuu

I was reading the news and I found this article. Apparently the 10th planet has been discovered, but why the heck did they have to name it after Xena? Why? Xenas cool and all but..................dang!

Is the next one gonna be "Frodo"?

Fuu

They even named a system of planets and moons orbiting 2003-ELS "SANTA"?!?!?!?!

That's ridicoulous. Today planets are supposed to be called by numbers and codes! Like: 2003-ELS-23, not Santa or Xena!

I don't understand why do these astronomers name planets with ridicoulous names. They are officially supposed to be called by numbers, but add nick-names to find them better or recognise them.

... A mass violent protest is in order I believe.

Nah, I just over-reacted a bit. :xp:

bwahaha! Xena, planet of lesbians! XD

Lesbians? What's that? jk

Now that I think about this, I think that this was acctuely supposed to be a joke. I mean, come on. How many scientists make these sort of jokes?

It's funny though...

P.S. Yay! I got last post! :emodanc:

... A mass violent protest is in order I believe.

I agree. You'd thiink they would give it some kind of Latin name at least. Yes the discovering person has the right to name it but....were the ones that have to call it that.

@CSkye: Yesh, but I think we should come up with a concensous <sp?> on the new name first. Maybe a name that starts with a diffrent letter than the other ones....so by that token E M V S J N U P would be out.

Fuu

a catchy code name (Xena, after the TV warrior princess)

Its a code name. i.e. its not official. It will probably end up named after a Greek god like the rest.

I hope they name it something better that Uranus. I mean, come on, they had to know. Maybe they did, though. Scientist do have a sense of humor after all. I saw Stephan Hawkins interviewed about time travel. Most people don't relize how funny he can be when he wants.

Today planets are supposed to be called by numbers and codes! Like: 2003-ELS-23, not Santa or Xena!

All planets, even the ones in our solar system, have numbered scientific names. That is like saying why do we call it a "dog?" Its supposed to be "Canis familiaris."

I dont dislike Xena....I just think its silly to nickname a planet after a tv show. I'm looking foreward to hearing the official name......they should name it Aphrodite.... or maybe......Hera?

Ive forgotten alot about Greek mythology....ugh use it or loose it.....

Fuu

We should call a dog a "(4|\|15".

Sounds good to me. :xp:

I dont dislike Xena....I just think its silly to nickname a planet after a tv show. I'm looking foreward to hearing the official name......they should name it Aphrodite.... or maybe......Hera?

Hm. The tenth planet from the Sun is an ice planet name after a godess of beauty. :dozey:

Said by a future astronomer

A proof that our ancestors lacked the knowledge and intelligence to name planets as they are supposed to...

Heh. :xp:

@LIAYD :lol: I have a black bottle in my drawer that says that..... Um.....

Do you mean something like this:

pjur EROS Woman products are designed especially for the soft and sensitive skin of women. pjur EROS Woman is designed for multiple uses as a skin conditioner, moisturizer and a therapeutic massage formula for daily use.

Eros Woman products are designed for the more sensitive skin of a woman. Each woman product is designed lighter or thinner than its black bottle counterpart. The woman products flush through the system faster, spread out or displace faster than the thicker black bottle equivalent.

Directions for use: Apply pjur EROS Woman to any area of the body where extra moisture is desired. Use as often as you like. Caution: This product may react with silicone products and cause undesirable effects.

Safe to use with latex condoms

· Never sticky or tacky

· Extra long lasting

· Never dries out

· No cleanup necessary

· Economical drop per drop

· Non toxic

· Tasteless

· Fragrance free

· Non allergenic

· Skin conditioner and moisturizer

· Leaves skin silky and smooth