Home

Did Nemo know? *SPOILERS INDEED*

Jamps

Simple, the body model and texture used for Nemo and some of the other Jedi are not available to be used on your PC... so they give you Blue Robes instead.

When the developers of the game made this part of the game they could have made the robes Nemo had on available to the PC, but they just didnt for some reason. I really think the items you get off of characters that have these things and that you can SEE have those items should be the same and look the same. K1 had some really limited jedi robe selection anyways, mostly just the brown, blue, red and revan/starforge variety and of course all the dark side variants of the jedi/padawan/master robes. They could have easily added the other robe to the game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The droids were a nightmare to fight against. Without element protection, you were at the mercy of the Carbonite projector and the Flamethrower.

Like I said earlier, not really. I never take more than 10-15 damage (each) from those droids, and I have medpacks to boot. And I get Heal first. And, as I said earlier:

Using dual Ion Pistols makes it easy. Send Bastila ahead of you, and give the blaster-wielding character in your party the Ion Rifle, and you the Pistols. Set blasters to FRAG, buddy! :)

So, don't sweat those droids. My solution isn't the Jedi Way, but, heck, it works. Try it, you'll see what I mean!

Like I said earlier, not really. I never take more than 10-15 damage (each) from those droids, and I have medpacks to boot. And I get Heal first.

I know very well how to deal with them, but even with good weaponry, you'll suffer damage and slowdown from the carbonite projector and flamethrower which will amount to more then 10-15 damage. They might have aimed at your party members which might be why you never felt the damage they can cause.

Also, note that the shields will block out some of the damage dealt by the ion pistols/rifle.

That is unless you play at the easy difficulty, but even then, I don't think it's that easy.

Well, I do turn down the difficulty for the Dantooine Droids, and whenever I'm hemmed in (A great exploit) but other than that, I play around normal or above. And when I play, all my party members get targeted equally. I have to heal each party member about 7 health after each battle, and a little more for me. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

The thing is the ruins are in the courtyard. Didn't they ever think to look in them? The Jedi encourage their members to persue knowledge. Why not look in ancient ruins right in your courtyard?

I think the council probably explored it before, and knew the dangers. The probably sent Nemo there, believing he was powerful enough to destroy the droids, to make it safe for you. There was a broken droid in one of the rooms, and he could have possibly destroyed it. When they didn't hear back from him, they probably knew what happened to him. So, they decided to send Bastila with you to defend you.

Either that or he is a useless character with no real meaning to the game. :p

^They probably felt the shroud of the Dark Side in the ruins, and forbade padawans from exploring it.

Nobody but the Jedi Council and Bastila (the rest of the Strike Tema was killed) knew that you were Revan. That's all there is to it. The Jedi wanted as few people as possible to know that Revan was still alive. They wouldn't have told Nemo unless it was absolutely necessary.

• 2 months later...
Just an FYI, Nemo does know who you are, If you chose the "What kind of a name is Nemo anyway?" option then he'll say, "You place too much importance on a name, its not relevant, you of all people should remember that."

Or very nearly that anyway.

Very close.

nemo2ji.th.jpg

As for my own opinions....

I think Nemo knew since he had been at Dantooine for a very long time and probably met Revan when s/he was a Padawan.

As for the Burial Mounds.... I think that the Jedi knew that there was something sinister about the place but never sent any Jedi (before Nemo) to investigate. Malak mentions (in a flashback) that the ancient Jedi sealed it. Most likely what had happened was that the ancient Jedi knew of the Star Forge but chose to omit the information in their archives on Dantooine because they feared that it would corrupt anyone who found it. The only mention that they probably left for future Jedi was that it was burial mound that had negative energies.

I can't think of the Jedi who established the enclave on Dantooine but it could be speculated one of the reasons why the enclave was built near it was to keep an eye on it.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/dantooine/?id=eu

Also at this time, Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Bass established a training center among the tranquil and mysterious ruins found on Dantooine. For generations, this praxeum trained many notable Jedi Padawans, including future Sith Lord, Exar Kun. Though it survived the Great Sith War, the praxeum was razed to the ground by Darth Malak in the decades that followed.

When the Council sent Nemo to investigate they probably didn't know the true danger of the "Burial Mounds" and only knew that Revan and Malak found something there. They probably were arrogant to think that if Revan, who was "inexperienced" could find something there then an "experienced" Jedi like Nemo would be able to find something too.

But how did Revan and Malak know about it to begin with? I think they found something at the Trayus Academy on Malachor V that sent them back to Dantooine (see the official game sites for that info). By then it seems as if Revan had fallen to the dark side but Malak might not have been since he questions Revan and tries to "convince" him otherwise. Malak seemed concerned that they would be kicked out of the Jedi if the Council knew what they were doing while Revan didn't care. It was probably during the quest for the Star Maps that Malak fell completely to the dark side.

To be honest i think the placement of nemo was to pluck the heart strings a little and that is all. He was a kindly old man if you talked to him, to find him dead was a slight shock that psychologically adds up in the players mind and tells him to be currently weary. That is all.

And i have to say it...

Finding Nemo, blub blub where is my fishy son yay i fonud him blub blub.

I am rather sure he knew who you are, after all he seems to be old (much older than Revan) and if you ask him "What kind of name is Nemo anyway?" He tells you something like that you should'nt judge someone for his name, and that name doesnt tell you anything about anyone. Then he said "escpecially you, above all, should know that" with a chuckle.

Oh and i wonder how a old and wise Jedi like Nemo died so easily vs the droids. After all he is not a Padawan. And why didnt he use destroy droid? :D

I am rather sure he knew who you are, after all he seems to be old (much older than Revan) and if you ask him "What kind of name is Nemo anyway?" He tells you something like that you should'nt judge someone for his name, and that name doesnt tell you anything about anyone. Then he said "escpecially you, above all, should know that" with a chuckle.

Oh and i wonder how a old and wise Jedi like Nemo died so easily vs the droids. After all he is not a Padawan. And why didnt he use destroy droid? :D

Remember, unlike Nemo, you're not alone. You have Bastila, yourself and Canderous/Carth. You've got Stun Droid, Bastila is probably at Disable Droid, and the third member has got Ion-based weapons or disruptors for the droid's shield.

Time for a crazy scenario:

Maybe Nemo destroyed the droid using "destroy droid" and his lightsaber, went to the machine and answered the questions wrong. (I know they're easy questions, but hell, my bro did not know what Aboreal meant!) Anyway unbeknownst to Nemo, the droid has repair capabilities and would regenerate if the victor proved unworthy of the mental challenge. The droid comes back to life and attacks Nemo with his back turned. The surprise attack crtically wounds Nemo. He manages to destroy the droid again and stumbles outside of the room. However he succembs to his wounds and collapses onto the floor. And so Nemo meets his end as so many Jedi have- in violence. The droid meanwhile once again repairs/regenerates itself and awaits a new challenger.

Maybe Nemo destroyed the droid using "destroy droid" and his lightsaber, went to the machine and answered the questions wrong. (I know they're easy questions, but hell, my bro did not know what Aboreal meant!) Anyway unbeknownst to Nemo, the droid has repair capabilities and would regenerate if the victor proved unworthy of the mental challenge. The droid comes back to life and attacks Nemo with his back turned. The surprise attack crtically wounds Nemo. He manages to destroy the droid again and stumbles outside of the room. However he succembs to his wounds and collapses onto the floor. And so Nemo meets his end as so many Jedi have- in violence. The droid meanwhile once again repairs/regenerates itself and awaits a new challenger.

There was a destroyed droid in the left room. It could possibly be that Nemo destroyed that one before he is mortally wounded.

From http://www.dictionary.com:

ar·bo·re·al P Pronunciation Key (är-bôr-l, -br-)

adj.

Relating to or resembling a tree.

Living in trees; arboreous: arboreal apes.

[From Latin arboreus, from arbor, tree.]

ar·bore·al·ly adv.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

arboreal

adj 1: of or relating to or formed by trees; "an arborous roof" [syn: arborical, arborary, arborous] 2: inhabiting or frequenting trees; "arboreal apes" [syn: arboreous, tree-living] [ant: nonarboreal] 3: resembling a tree in form and branching structure; "arborescent coral found off the coast of Bermuda"; "dendriform sponges" [syn: arboreous, arborescent, arboresque, arboriform, dendriform, dendroid, dendroidal, treelike, tree-shaped]

So, Kashyyyk is aboreal. :)

There was a destroyed droid in the left room. It could possibly be that Nemo destroyed that one before he is mortally wounded.

Nice one Zadi! I totally forgot about that one. :)

I didnt know what Aborreal meant either. In fact i still dont know what it means :D

But iam not english and in german those questions were beyond easy.

@MrVorlon

The way you described it may be right. NEver thought about it like that :D

Thank you. I try to let my imagination control my thoughts at times. Sometimes I get carried away.

I didnt know what Aborreal meant either. In fact i still dont know what it means :D

But iam not english and in german those questions were beyond easy.

@MrVorlon

The way you described it may be right. NEver thought about it like that :D

That's ok, my major in college was English and I had no recollection of the term aborreal. It was only when I played Kashyyyk did I realize what aborreal meant.

Conversations reveal that Nemo did know

the PC is Revan

but I don't think he knew it was a star map in the tomb. And I don't think anyone knew about the Star Forge. The council would not have sat on that knowledge and allowed Malak to build a larger fleet every day.

Archived