Home

Did Nemo know? *SPOILERS INDEED*

Jamps

Remember in KOTOR 1, when you arrived on Dantooine there was that kind old Jedi looking across the fields of Dantooine?

Later, when the council assigns you to go to the ruins, they tell you they sent a Jedi to investigate and he never returned. When you go to the ruins, Nemo's corpse is there (with some pretty nifty stuff, but thats not the point :sithk: .) He died in the ruins.

Heres the spoiler part:

The council knew all about the Star Maps even before you arrived, along with the fact you are Revan. They just wanted you to get them, because you are the only one powerful enough. (not to mention the whole destiny thing I guess.) There was no real point in sending anybody there, let alone a nice old man.

Did Nemo know that the council was sending him to his doom? Did the council even know that he would die, or did Nemo even agree to self-sacrifice so Revan would understand the danger in this mission. Because the council DID know about the Star Maps, so there wasn't a reason to send him there to "investigate". Or MAYBE he was just playing dead, because his body wasn't even in any of the rooms! Discuss!!! :toilet1:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. There is no evidence that he knew who you really were. He is just a capable Jedi they felt could accomplish the task of finding out what was causing a disturbance.

Its been a while since I've played K1, but I don't think there is any mention of the council knowing the star map was there. The only thing they knew was that Revan and Malak found something somewhere that led them to the dark side. (I think they knew it was on Dantooine, but I'm not sure.)

The whole point was to try to see where your memories would take you. Otherwise they would have gone in force to the star map on Dantooine.

hehehe,I found Nemo!

Are you sure the council knew about the Star Maps? Vandar said "We Jedi assumed that these ruinsw were simply ancient burial mouds... though perhaps they are something more..."

I don't think the Jedi knew about the Star Maps, or they would have sent someone after the Star Forge long ago.

If the Council had known about the Star Maps why would they have needed Revan to go look for them? The only reason they needed Revan was because they had no idea about the Star Maps or where Revan got all the ships for her fleet: The Star Forge.

I think that all the council knew was that Revan and Malak had found something that had produced their troops and fleets. They really didn't know what it was, or how they found it, but that is where you come in. When Nemo disappeared, they realized that the ruins were dangerous. Even then, it is hard to tell whether they knew that that was where you had to go, or whether it was just a mission for you. I am sure that they didn't really know how you and Malak found the Star Forge.

I don't think the Council knew that a Star Map was in there, like The Doctor said, they knew Revan & Malak found something in there but they didn't know what.

I always thought they sent Nemo in first (rather than you) to minimize the risk of you returning to the dark side.

I don't think the council knew what was hidden in the ruins. If they did know, and knew only Revan would be able to do it, they wouldn't have sent old Nemo to his doom.

Although, though I'm not really sure, it sounded like they knew about the Star Forge because when you mentioned it, Vandar immediately said "This news of a Star Forge is disturbing" supposdly without knowing what it was.

^No, you told him that you found a Star Map and heard mention of something called the Star Forge. They didn't know anything about the Star Maps or the Star Forge until you told them, or they wouldn't have sent Nemo to his death and they would have tried to find the Star Forge a long time ago. THEY DIDN'T KNOW!

If the Council had known about the Star Maps why would they have needed Revan to go look for them? The only reason they needed Revan was because they had no idea about the Star Maps or where Revan got all the ships for her fleet: The Star Forge.

uh-hmm..think you mean his/her

(not trying to be rude, just want to tell some newbie that Revan could be male or female..depending on what sex you choose for your character)

uh-hmm..think you mean his/her

(not trying to be rude, just want to tell some newbie that Revan could be male or female..depending on what sex you choose for your character)

Considering that Doc (you don't mind if I call you that, do you?) is quite right in the fact that I'm a girl and that I played Revan as female it is simply habit that makes me refer to Revan as a female, because that's how I see Revan. Just as I'm sure you see Revan as male. I do the same thing for the Exile.

oh. right.

anyway i dont think the council knew anything about the ruins and nemo was NOT on a suicide mission. they probably didnt send any1 earlier in fear of falling 2 the dark side like revan and sent old nemo, the relatively wise and kind and devoted to the light guy to check it out just in case they didnt need revan to.

I just have a hard time believing that the Council NEVER saw some ruins that is in their courtyard. I'm restarting my game for the PC version (my game got deleted), and when the dialogue comes up I'll see some of the things they say, maybe get a few clues to whats going on.

Nobody has addressed this, but do you guys think Nemo was just playing dead? He wasn't in any of the rooms, and he easily could have made it look like he died in front of the droid so he told you. Revan's force senses still weren't strong enough to know if he's alive, and Bastila was in on the whole shin-dig so who knows. :o

Considering that Doc (you don't mind if I call you that, do you?)...

I'm prefer Doctor or The Doctor, but I guess I can't avoid being called "doc" can I? If you don't mind, if you're talking to someone about me, callme The Doctor, and if you're talking to me, call me Doctor (please and thank you).

I'm prefer Doctor or The Doctor, but I guess I can't avoid being called "doc" can I? If you don't mind, if you're talking to someone about me, callme The Doctor, and if you're talking to me, call me Doctor (please and thank you).

No problem. :)

Anyway, the Council knew about the ruins, because Dorak says they believed them to be simply burial mounds but after Rev and Bastila's vision they realized they must have been more. They also seem surprised when they hear about the Star Forge and the Star Map.

They sent Nemo to do a preliminary invesitgation, but when he didn't return I think they realized how dangerous it was and since Revan survived it once, they decided to send Revan there again with Bastila.

Those things ARE dangerous.

It takes me about 5-10 minutes to fight EACH of them, and ABOUT

10 MedPacs, for whichever character the Droid(s) are focusing most - all - of their attacks on (USUALLY my Main Character) -- -- -- I ALWAYS have:

Me, Bastila, and T3-M4

It took me double the amount of time for my current game, because I am having a weird glitch with HK and T3.

On the character select screen, when selecting T3 it shows him as a "Jedi ______" (i think sentinel), and the level up screen has it so that the Powers level-up is lit up (accessable). (but he doesn't get to use the powers) ... and you can not use any of the droid weapons AT ALL (flame thrower, stun ray ...).

REALLY REALLY WEIRD!!! !!! !!! !! !! ! !

Melee weapons work best on those droids (vibroblades, vibroswords, etc.) Unfortunately the first time I played (which was also the first RPG I ever played) those droids slaughtered me, until I figured out that they probably have damage resistance to energy which is way my lightsaber didn't seem to be even touching them.

• 2 weeks later...
Eh...

I don't know to be honest. I never really cared about that old geezer anyhow since he doesn't really affect the storyline that much...

He's like another Jolee in my opinion, some old Jedi guy who mumbles a LOT :xp:

*Meh*

Dude! Jolee's my favorite character! He's helarious!

Archived