• I don't really care
    • Prefer to have another ship, but ok with Hawk
    • Must get a different ship

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if there is anything I would like to see for the 'Hawk it would be:

1) Medical Workstation in sickbay.

2) Maybe a souped up engine that does not do down 10 times more than MF.

3) Some real beds for sleeping (... charging up the landing ramp?)

Ok, I would hate to see if they replace the 'Hawk with another ship, like the Purple pimpish Ebon Ewok as mentioned above.

The hawk is like my home away from home if I dare go that far. It could use some changes and the character could have personal quarters with a bed like fable perhapse except on the ship of course. They could make it a bit bigger. ----Add a high def screen and some lay-z-boys maybe. Just kidding, I won't even go there.

i believe piloting a capitol ship IS possible in the game. Actually, very easily done.

Recap for those who havent read the hand of thrawn series.

'Dark Force' was a fleet of 200(+?) dreadnaughts, all slaved to a master ship. Everything was automated down to the maintenance. If i remember right, the fleet lasted over 50 years, and still functioned. (of course, when they were found, some ships got stolen, others destroyed, etc etc etc)

The ship replacing the Ebon Hawk could have all its systems slaved to the bridge or a command center (like G0T0's yacht supposedly) and maybe T3 could be in charge of the droid systems. All commands could be imput to the bridge, and it would only need a crew of 4-9 depending on size. I believe a star-destroyer sized ship would need maybe 12 crew members on this system. This would be awesome, for those who want space battles, maybe a small wing of starfighters could be on board and you and your crew can pilot them, whiile your big mean capitol ship blows the enemy to iddy bitty chunks. Watch for the bombers! another cool idea would be to have certain areas do certain things, and if those areas are destroyed in the space battles, then you cant use them anymore!

Maybe you get to bring the hawk aboard sometime, like inbetween the second to last and last level of KOTOR1

But why? You aren't a Republic/Sith Admiral trying to assault Coruscant, you are just a small band of galaxy saviours/conquerers. So why would you go clunking around in a capital ship, especially if most of the time you are trying to keep a low profile? Besides, it is completely away from the style of the other games- it just doesn't fit in KotOR. We aren't playing Empire at War, you know. :)

Just like The Doctor wisely said: The Hawk is part of KotOR, if not all of Star Wars. Luke didn't go zooming around in a super star destroyer, did he? Of course, Darth Vader did. But in that case, perhaps near the end of the game, if you have taken over the Sith as Darth someone you could have a capital ship. But for all of us others, who would be alienated from the game, the Hawk needs to be there. Even if you could destroy it if you really want- it just needs to be in there, at least as an option.

As far as making it work, droids cost money. As does a capital ship. As does programs designed to keep the droids running. Add this to repairs, to damage from pirates and Sith warships all coming to attack your huge and very obvious ship- you better have a lot of money. Come on, you obviously aren't going to start the game with a capital ship, are you? And not given to you either, that would just be stupid.

Ideally, I would like a new ship. Expanded Ebon Hawk isn't really feasible, unless it turned into the Tardis or something.

However, it is not an element of the game that really bothers me that much, to be honest I don't really care either way.

I would prefer the Ebon Hawk if the devlopers put the time that would have gone into designing a new ship into improving the plot and dialogue of the game, as that matters infinitely more IMHO.

Archived