Home

Anybody play Guild Wars?

Tysyacha

I'm about having fits here. I'm a level 5 Elementalist/Ranger,

and I can't find the collectors for all my armor. Where is

Karleen? All the websites say that she's at the entrance

to the Catacombs, but the only collector I see there is

Gwynn. I already got my gloves from Collector Savich in

Wizard's Folly, and I know my other two are at Fort Ranik.

Karleen's the only one I'm throwing fits over.

Also, where can you hunt Grawl Shamans? Those things

are kind of rare. :(

Thanks,

Tysyacha Dvukhsotny

I started playing not too long ago as well :) I am a level 8 Warrior/Elementalist. I have most of the things from the collectors, and theyre not too crash hot anyway...might be different for a ranger...

Grawl shaman are in plentiful supply in the Green Hills Country :) I had to go there to do the warrior mission(s) Theres a damn shyteload of them around. They drop the Grawl Shaman Gear, which you can salvage some stuff from. Ive got heaps of that stuff, and have no use for it at the moment ... you want some ???

Im not on all time by any means but my chars name is Zabel Dunizeden(a female!)...Im on the euro/english zones of course

mtfbwya

Have you checked in that little chapel behind Necromancer Munne?

And I play regularly, working on two main characters at the moment, my primary level 20 Ranger/Mesmer build (though I'm switching off to Monk and Elementalist as secondaries), and a level 19 Warrior/Monk (really can't go anywhere good in this game without having one of these builds).

Are Elementalist/Warriors any good as a combo? Here are the top 5 things I hate:

1. RUNNING OUT OF ENERGY. If I can't use my skills, all I have left is my

armor and my weapon. If both are low-level crap, I'm pretty much SOL.

2. Crappy armor. Why do the Elementalist females have to be the most

scantily-clad? I want to look powerful, not like a harem bimbo. :(

3. Dying. Everybody hates that, but I hate that more than usual. My

frustration level with death is phenomenally low. Ask anybody who

ever played with me in EverQuest 1. I never made it past level 14!

4. Lame quests. Can anybody say "River Skale"?

5. Hmm...sucking at PvP, even though I haven't PvP'ed yet. That scares me.

Here are 5 things I love:

1. Lots and lots and lots of energy!!!

2. Good armor.

3. Quests that are cool and involving for my profession.

4. Dye. Which creatures in Pre-Searing drop the most dye?

5. Conquering monsters with high damage, either from a weapon or spells.

Please help me!

Sincerely,

Tysyacha

I really like Guild Wars, but some rules where made by the players...

I would like to tell you some about:

Like:

->>W/Mo suck<<

I am a W/Mo myself, because i always played a Guardian in Kotor, and i think melee dmg is cooler then Ranged.

The problem is: Exactly 46% of the players are W/Mo, while it should be 15% That means a higher n00b-percentage, too. I am kicked from every team, while i am an Tactics user, id ont even USE the Monk skills.

But anyhow, playing an Warrior Monk in Guildwars will not be excepted by the majority of most players. Warriors are good in PvE, but suck in PvP, they say. So everyone who likes to swing a blade: Use another second profession, or think realy good about it.

->>Everyone with less then 100k is a n00b<<

This has an connection with the first one. Warriors have to buy new armor in almost every outpost, just to counter ther criticism of the other players.

In this way, if finished the game, and had only 20 k to spare.

My Mesmer mate on the other hand, had 300k. And something else: Don't go fot the collectors armor, please. Every outpost has better ones.

->> The hall of heroes is only for Guilds<<

Nope it isn't. Al the skills you buy or unlock can be used in PvP, for a PvP character. Also, some pre-mader builds are there. Everyone can enter PvP. You don't have to be pro.

Then some tips for the beginning GW player:

-Making Money: If you unlock Runes, (Priest of balthazar or by salvaging) you can find them more often in PvE.

-Don't let people scam you: They will ask like 100k for a perfect upgrade for your weapon, while you can get 1000 points of Balthazar by playing PvP, and unlocking it.

-Don't let people scam you (2): ALWAYS check the prices of stuff at the traders. You will see some people selling stuff above the NPC price.

-Don't let people scam you (3): A Firy Dragon Sword is cool, but i only has 1 Upgrade slot. Or else the Firy-ness will be gone

-Be friendly: If you are friendly to people, they won't forget. Guildwars has (although the Warrior-prosecution)a nice community, with many lads to help.If you are in a GUild, people will help too, since they have to pay your invitation.

-Don't spread your stats: Having 3 points in every stat is nice, but you only have 8 equip slots. Keep it at 3 Stat(Key stat like Strenght or Energy Storage and 2 others. I use Strenght, Swrodmanship and Tactics for example.

Then some little quest tips:

-Villainy of Galrath DOESNT START FROM LIONS ARCH!! Start it from Temple of Ages or bergen Hot Springs.

-Kill the Monks first. Theye are essential to every strategy, and will be a major loss for the enemy (NPC or Other players)

-Always equip an Resurection Signet or an Resurection spell.

-The Happy Ascalon world with the Autum-look is an Tutorial, so keep it up!

I hope i could help.

I Beta-tested (sounds much, but it was an open one ^^) Wolrd of Warcraft, and bought Guild Wars. Why? WoW is a life-replacer, while GUild Wars is just fun, with an Epic storyline. And yes, it has a plot. It's about the humans finding themselves cornered. Under your brave leadership, they must survive.

Btw. It has excellent PvP options. You can buy skillsd in the Rpg-prat of the game, and unlock them for PvP.

PvP is international, too. Battle the Koreans, Americans, English for honour!

Sorry....as you can see, i'm kind of addicted ^^

If one of you has any questions, i'll try to anwer...i've finished the game twice myself.

I'd play more, but I'm addicted to Galaxies, CoH and CoV too, so it's difficult to balance... :p

I personally do not like (Did I say that? I meant "hate") WoW. The biggest MMO's usually suck, and WoW is the rule for them. It's community is full of posers and pseudo-hardcore gamers. The game itself has nothing new. Blizzard has fallen, all hail PlayNC!!!

(Yeah, I know Galaxies sucks too, but I play it because it's SW. I know, I should be ashamed.)

I personally do not like (Did I say that? I meant "hate") WoW. The biggest MMO's usually suck, and WoW is the rule for them. It's community is full of posers and pseudo-hardcore gamers. The game itself has nothing new. Blizzard has fallen, all hail PlayNC!!!

>_>

So what if the community is not "full of hardcore gamers"? That's the entire point of the game. Bring the MMO genre to a larger public then lifeless geeks. It managed to shatter the stereotype.

Its 4.5 million subscribers is proof.

The gameplay might not be new, but it re-uses what already exists and does it well. It's like saying FEAR's slow-motion sucks because it isn't new. It isn't, it just does it very well.

Halo would get 0 praise if that was everything yoiu could judge a game on.

Lastly, World of Warcraft doesn't have the same community as Battle.net. Now that's a nightmare.

No, I never did... Why? Does my opinion about Massive Online Multiplayer Games equal to ignorance... or mindless bashing? Hmmm, an objective discussion; hard to conclude at any rate.

No, it's easy to conclude. You're bashing them without having played either, making you ignorant and stupid.

^^^^

I was going to say something to you, but I forgot what I was going to say during a black-out which occured... According to my memory, after I saw that you are an administrator.

So just because I don't like MMO's and think that they aren'te worth the effort, I am stupid, ignorant, arrogant, moronic and so on and so on? A very smart way of thinking I must say.

I wonder why I even bother posting here anymore.

Hey, you can just leave. No skin off our backs, mate.

And it's always been a personal belief of mine that in order to form a negative opinion on something, one should have to have tried it out first. If you don't like it simply because it's an MMO (or anything else for that matter) and you haven't given it a try, then yes, you are ignorant. I don't like a lot of things, especially game-wise. But I've given each one of them a shot before concluding that they're not my bag.

All I'm saying is don't knock it until you've tried it. Come up with better, more concrete reasoning for your dislike other than, "Oh, I just don't like it, thus they're boring and a waste of time." Please.

All I'm saying is don't knock it until you've tried it. Come up with better, more concrete reasoning for your dislike other than, "Oh, I just don't like it, thus they're boring and a waste of time." Please.

There was no please in your previous post.

I came here, hoping that I can get away from all the people which claim that they are better than me, and don't behave like they are superiour to others. Like they did to me. But alas, all I got was even MORE of that pride ofr thier superoiruness, and their titles.

I had the luck to play Planet Side, World of Warcraft and so. And all I have noticed is that you go around with interactive team mates or party members and you just level up, take bases and fly vehicles. It is fun as long as you level up; but what then? It all loses point later on... Now that I think of it, it loses point before it even starts.

I can get all those things from MMO's in Unreal Torunamet 2004, Max Payne 1 and 2, KOTOR 1 and 2, Battlefront, Quake 4 and I don't have to pay anyomre than what do they ask for it per piece.

So what make Guild Wars different? So unique and special, that all people believe that by you saying that most MMO's are bad, that you are ignorant, stupid, arrogant and mindless if you think that and say that out loud?

I have said, what I did... You don't have to listen to me anymore. You've already done a favor to me by even remarking me.

I said, what I had to say...

MMO's then obviously are not your cup of tea. Go and play your FPS's and whatnot.

And for the record, no one in here exalted Guild Wars past the point that it's just a good, fun game, just like any other game that people can come to and play and have a good time.

Since you don't like this game, get the **** out of this thread.

Archived