1. 1. What console will you be getting?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Revolution
    • I'll stick w/ the PC
    • None of the above?

So what console are u getting?

post y ur getting it too

personaly, im going w/ PS3, i like the new blu-ray discs and all the formats the PS3 will take( CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE), the graphics are supposed to be superb, its supposed to be faster then the 360, can connect ur PSP, 2 TFLOPS, faster Ethernet, and 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p screen size...

i also think the 360 sux, since u cant use ur old memory card, doesnt take all formats, only up to 4 wireless controllers(PS3 7 wireless) and it doesnt support alot of formats...

(yes i know i didnt put the cons for the PS3 and the pros for the Xbox 360)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh GOD no. I give this thread less than 24 hours to become battle of the next gen consoles round 2. I'll be watching this one CLOSE.

seatbelts.jpg

I've said this thousands of times. Say what you want about consoles and which one you prefer, but at the end of the day, it is the GAMES that sell a console, not vice versa. All of these platforms will have games specifically dedicated to the owner of the system.

I'll break it down easy like this:

RPGs? = PS3

Action/FPS? = XBOX 360

Mario/Zelda fans? = Nintendo Revolution

More "bang for the buck" will probably go to the PS3 which will have three generations of games to play which adds up to a HELL of alot of titles.

Why can't you vote to get them all? Personally I am more concerned about getting my PS2 and Xbox hooked up with the online stuff before I even get a new console. Yes I'm a little behind the times on that. I did vote PS3 though. It seems to have a lot of interesting games coming out. And the only big titles I've heard for 360 are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Halo 3.

i also think the 360 sux, since u cant use ur old memory card, doesnt take all formats, only up to 4 wireless controllers(PS3 7 wireless) and it doesnt support alot of formats...

7 player split screen.... Right, when most people would never find themselves in needing more than 4 controllers for a game. Besides, Xbox Live gives the 360 an advantage, so 7 controllers aren't really needed.

And about all of the formats.... who cares? What does it mean for us? I don't need it to play 40 different formats, some I've never even heard of.

I also don't have a memory card for my xbox, thanks to the Hard drive. And you said something about the formats twice.

I'm going for Revolution, not purely because it's Nintendo, but because it's different. I was really disappointed with the GameCube. Why? Because it was no different from the N64, it was the same thing but more powerful. Same goes for the PS2, about the only one who really brought anything substantial this generation was Microsoft's unified online network. But of course they've been in a position to do this since befre they had the thought of entering the console gaming market.

So I'm glad Nintendo waited till next generation to go online cause now instead of being disorganised with their online plan like Sony, they're organised just as well as Microsoft. Not only that but the Revolution can a do a hell of a lot that the other consoles can't in terms of control.

@ Kain: But the PS3 is comin out aaaaages after the 360 is.

@ Groov: "Mario/Zelda fans? = Nintendo Revolution"? XD Mario and Zelda are good but definately not the only reasons to buy a Nintendo product. And it's looking like the Revolution may cut into the FPS/Action scene again, just like the N64 was famous for.

Oh XD and the Revolution will have 5 generations of games to play... *runs away*

@ RoxStar: Actually I'm as confused as you are but in a different way. The PS3 is able to output two video signals meaning you can use TWO TVs with the PS3, it would make sense to have a maximum of 8 players, 2 TV x 4 player split screen. It makes sense doesn't it?

I'm all about the 360 and the revolution. The PS3 and 360 aren't really bringing anything but graphics and power to the table. Revolution I will get for it's innovation. The 360 has the games I'm interested in. Perfect Dark Zero, Elder Scrolls IV, Halo 3, and Bioware is bringing Mass Effect to the table, and Bioware rocks the FACES for RPGs.

7 player split screen.... Right, when most people would never find themselves in needing more than 4 controllers for a game. Besides, Xbox Live gives the 360 an advantage, so 7 controllers aren't really needed.

And about all of the formats.... who cares? What does it mean for us? I don't need it to play 40 different formats, some I've never even heard of.

I also don't have a memory card for my xbox, thanks to the Hard drive. And you said something about the formats twice.

hey, im just giving the facts...

plus, who wants to buy 5 different players when u can get one that will play them all?

as for the 7 wireless, wut about a huge coop party? :p

plus, theyr gunna have some reasons for 7 controllers, like...i dunno, but 7 bigger then 4 :p

how does xbox live give the 360 an advantage? PS3 also has online multiplayer, it also has a headset...i dont know where ur going w/ that...

I'll be blunt about this.

Sony's online plan is s***. Microsoft really does know what they're doing on the online front and they will have a much better online network than Sony could ever have. It's been suggested that even now Sony doesn't know exactly what to do with in terms of online, so it's looking like it's gonna be a disorganised and crap as the PS2 online plan was.

I don't care about online. Crap, I prefer playing with friends in the same room... the 7 player thing on 2 TVs will rock. Well.. wait... why 7? Doesn't it make more sense to have 8 players vs. 7?

Anyways- right now it stands like I will grab the NRev first, depending on the games they release... plus the lower price (200 is the cheapest I bet) and then the PS3... after a price drop... $400(+?) is toooooo much... :-\ To be honest, sony isn't my favorite company... they just have the games I like... like right now MGS and Soul Calibur 3 (all PS2... so.. .got to get that before a next gen console)

It sucks that sony manages to grab games for its system only. Elminating the competition... that sucks... :-\ Otherwise if MGS and SC3 were on a Nintendo console I would stick with Nintendo. Its all about the games...

Oh XD and the Revolution will have 5 generations of games to play... *runs away*

You are absolutely right, and that is what sparked my interested the first time I heard it. What remains to be seen, is how much are the Nintendo moguls going to charge you to buy all of those old games, and how long will it take to get them all available? PS3 has a wide range already right there in the store, and if you had the original Playstation, and the PS2, you still got tons of games to play, so a skimpy selection on the launch(not that they HAVE a skimpy selection on the launch, but even so) won't matter.

Again though....it's the games that sell the systems. Always.

You are absolutely right, and that is what sparked my interested the first time I heard it. What remains to be seen, is how much are the Nintendo moguls going to charge you to buy all of those old games, and how long will it take to get them all available? PS3 has a wide range already right there in the store, and if you had the original Playstation, and the PS2, you still got tons of games to play, so a skimpy selection on the launch(not that they HAVE a skimpy selection on the launch, but even so) won't matter.

Yeah, that's one of the things I really like about the Revolution. I never had all the old nintendo systems, so now I will be able to make up for that by getting all the old games available on one system.

How's that really different from the Revolution? GCN games will be readily available to anyone who wants to buy them, same with the PS2 games, and the N64, SNES and NES games will be available for download and together they add up more games than the PS1 and PS2 combined. The other issue is that you're not going to find ALL PS1 games available just as you're not gonna find ALL Nintendo legacy games available.

To get to the point, I don't see any real difference in what is being offered except that a lot of what Nintendo has is being offered through online means and a lot of what Sony has is offered through traditional means.

hey, im just giving the facts...

plus, who wants to buy 5 different players when u can get one that will play them all?

as for the 7 wireless, wut about a huge coop party? :p

plus, theyr gunna have some reasons for 7 controllers, like...i dunno, but 7 bigger then 4 :p

how does xbox live give the 360 an advantage? PS3 also has online multiplayer, it also has a headset...i dont know where ur going w/ that...

5 different players? I have 1 DVD player (and my xbox plays DVDs), I don't need a $400 PS3 to view movies on formats I've never heard of.

7 wireless contollers= $350 in controllers, a $400 console, and a $60 game. How is that fun on my 13" TV?

Xbox live is cool and it is very efficient, you can download expansions for your games, chat with friends, send text and voice messages, view stats. And it will be even better on the 360. PS2 has like, 1 game that is good on their online, Socom... And its not like everyone has microphones anyway, and from what I know there no friends lists, no messages, no stats.

And did I mention Hard Drives are waaay cooler?

(And don't pull out the Core version card, cause everyone knows that anyone with half a brainstem will get the complete version.)

And I don't see the point in thinking that you are winning cause the PS2/3 can say "Me too!" to the Xbox/360.

@ RoxStar: Actually I'm as confused as you are but in a different way. The PS3 is able to output two video signals meaning you can use TWO TVs with the PS3, it would make sense to have a maximum of 8 players, 2 TV x 4 player split screen. It makes sense doesn't it?

Ah, I see. But 7 is still an odd number....

maybe its 3 to a screen and one PSP? I dunno... Just seems like a weird number to have.

5 different players? I have 1 DVD player (and my xbox plays DVDs), I don't need a $400 PS3 to view movies on formats I've never heard of.

7 wireless contollers= $350 in controllers, a $400 console, and a $60 game. How is that fun on my 13" TV?

Xbox live is cool and it is very efficient, you can download expansions for your games, chat with friends, send text and voice messages, view stats. And it will be even better on the 360. PS2 has like, 1 game that is good on their online, Socom... And its not like everyone has microphones anyway, and from what I know there no friends lists, no messages, no stats.

And did I mention Hard Drives are waaay cooler?

(And don't pull out the Core version card, cause everyone knows that anyone with half a brainstem will get the complete version.)

And I don't see the point in thinking that you are winning cause the PS2/3 can say "Me too!" to the Xbox/360.

PS3 comes w/ a Hard Drive also...

and, when blu-ray comes out to be as great as DVD(if it ever will) ull have ur PS3 to thank, cuz it can play blu-ray and hi-def blu-ray...

and, u will soon know wut alll those formats are....

The PS3 comes with a Hard drive, too. When Blu-Ray comes out to replace the DVD, you will have your PS3 to play them with because it can support those formats. And you will soon know that these formats are.

Fixed. ;)

And the PS3 does not come with a hard drive, it has a slot in the back for one, just like the PS2.

And I am pretty sure you cannot use old PS2 memory cards because it is going to use those hidiously expensive Duo Memory Sticks for them.

Everyone know that the Core version is for people who just look for the cheaper version and skip the details (ie: Parents/Grandparents) so microsoft can get them to buy their memory cards, and then finally go back and buy a hard drive when their kids get pissed cause they can't download the Halo 3 map expansion.

And if Blu-Ray discs become the standard, my family will just get a Blu-Ray player. But thats not going to happen anytime soon, besides, its not like everyone has a HDTV and a HD movie. Cause I don't have one.

Fixed. ;)

And the PS3 does not come with a hard drive, it has a slot in the back for one, just like the PS2.

And I am pretty sure you cannot use old PS2 memory cards because it is going to use those hidiously expensive Duo Memory Sticks for them.

Everyone know that the Core version is for people who just look for the cheaper version and skip the details (ie: Parents/Grandparents) so microsoft can get them to buy their memory cards, and then finally go back and buy a hard drive when their kids get ....ed cause they can't download the Halo 3 map expansion.

And if Blu-Ray discs become the standard, my family will just get a Blu-Ray player. But thats not going to happen anytime soon, besides, its not like everyone has a HDTV and a HD movie. Cause I don't have one.

i know the ps3 wont come w/ a hard drive but u can buy, and its hinted that u can hook up external hard drives via. USB ports, but thats not confirmed yet.

it will play blu-ray and hd video, thats 2 players u dont have to worry about buying...

there online is very similiar to the xbox live

though, i have to say, the PS3 controller is crap, and the xbox can play more FPS games like Halo...(damn microsoft and not making it for pc!)

FAQ(PS3):

http://ps3land.com/faq.php <-- cant really trust

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/636/636848p1.html

FAQ(Xbox 360)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p1.html

i will prolly get the PS3 first then in about a year or so ill get the 360

Personally I am looking forward to just try the Nintendo Revolution. What they are suggesting in their controller alone is incredible, and I can't wait to try it (even if it ends up sucking, I give them kudos for trying).

As for the 360 I heard that their loading times suck, which is a big minus in my opinion. However, the 360 is coming out with games I am definately looking forward to (Oblivion :D) Which leads me to my next point.....

COMPUTERS!!! :D

I'm gonna stick with my computer, I don't have a real problem with shelling out for the latest software, and it can play many more games than consoles (such as RTSs) and you don't have to pay the extra $$ for something like xbox live, you can just get online for ur regular internet price.

I'm gonna stick with my computer, I don't have a real problem with shelling out for the latest software, and it can play many more games than consoles (such as RTSs) and you don't have to pay the extra $$ for something like xbox live, you can just get online for ur regular internet price.

What about extra hardware? Sure you might have a sweet PC right now, but when those next gen systems come out game makers are going to be pushing games further and further... and the revolutions online service is free. Individuals may, or may not be however.

My only gripe about PCs is the constantly changing hardware, required to play games, and the constant crashing that occurs systems that are equivalent, or are alienware quality, or some that are better. There is always something to interfere with something else, causing a bug or crash. What do you have to worry about with consoles? The occassional disk read error... or scratched up CDs, which is usually easy to prevent.

Archived