Home

Do you think it was a good idea that George Lucas created the prequels?

Commander Obi-Wan

Do you think it was a good idea that George LUcas created the prequels?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it was a good idea that George LUcas created the prequels?

• Yes...was a fantastic idea!:)
    • No....should have never made them.:(
    • 50/50....both yes and no.

well, when they started naming them Episode IV-VI in 1979-80 onwards, it was pretty much a dead cert that the prequels were going to get made eventually...

I just wish I could get rid of Jar Jar.... maybe the super duper edition will have a "get rid of Jar Jar" feature... :p

If anyone has ever seen "The Phantom Edit" it is less kiddie and less Jar Jar - making it a bit more palatable :)

mtfbwya

Good and bad. We got the rather boring Episode I, more oversaturation of Star Wars hype, questionable special edition changes (that were claimed to be "necessary" but ended up not being so much so), and delays in the release of the DVD's, and lots of crappy merchandise.

On the other hand, we got the rather cool ROTS, the pretty good despite it's flaws AOTC, some good merchandise, some good games, and again attention turned to Star Wars (which can be both good and bad).

Now as for the Special Editions, don't anyone get me wrong, I didn't mind some of the changes, and liked others (some I hated though or felt were unnecessary). I was glad the classic trilogy was restored and returned to theaters, even if it was modified. I do like the high quality DVD's released of the OT, despite the color and sound gaffes (and some dislike the "digital" look to them... as they wiped out even the normal "film grain" to make them look more like the all digital AOTC and ROTS on DVD).

Yes, you could say that Lucas "had" to deliver on his promise of creating the prequels since the 1980's when he was always talking about making more. Still, remember back then he was talking about three trilogies (we'll never get the third one now, he says), not two. I could have lived without the prequels, but some good came from them, along with some not so good. ;)

Yeah I've seen the Phantom Edit. The MagnoliaFans new edits of Episodes I & II are even better. I know it's hard to get a real "alien sounding" voice for the alien languages, but still, his creative subtitles are pretty cool and re-done opening crawls along with his edits. I hope he does one for ROTS as well, and lowers the pitch on the droid voices (except Grevious.. little need there!). ;)

Definently good. I'm at a never-ending debate about which movie is my favorite, and all episodes, including the prequels, are completely tied. Although I don't think there should be any more (theatrical) Star Wars movies, I think that two trilogies was a perfect amount- not too little and not too many.

lol, i was just wondering, i just think that everyone in star wars has his purpose for being there thats all

The Phantom menace, with some minor alterations, would be no different without Jar-Jar.

The preqeuls only became significant for the creation of Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Mace Windu, apart from that, no they were not needed.

You had better be joking. Plo Koon and Kit Fisto had no lines, accept for "Arrggh", and Mace Windu had no ties to the Original Trilogy. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Archived