Home

Color me bad...

Cygnus Q'ol

Perhaps the ability to alter size, much like how Malak has a bigger lightsaber in Kotor? That'd be cool.

Exactly! I was even toying with the idea of the single blade that can transform with a click to the staff, much like Darth Maul in Episode I.

I would very much like to be able to do this. However this may create a problem with crystals and upgrades. There must be a way to do this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly! I was even toying with the idea of the single blade that can transform with a click to the staff, much like Darth Maul in Episode I.

I would very much like to be able to do this. However this may create a problem with crystals and upgrades. There must be a way to do this.

I like the idea too, but I don't think there's any problem with the crystal and blade. Afterall, the double-bladed saber uses the same upgrade and crystal slots.

It wouldn't be a problem at all.

For a longer blade though, I'd like it if they made it a seperate saber style. Like how the regular is a standard long sword and the long blade a mighty claymore. Something like that would be interesting.

I like the idea too, but I don't think there's any problem with the crystal and blade. Afterall, the double-bladed saber uses the same upgrade and crystal slots.

It wouldn't be a problem at all.

For a longer blade though, I'd like it if they made it a seperate saber style. Like how the regular is a standard long sword and the long blade a mighty claymore. Something like that would be interesting.

Yeah, that could be very cool. I'd like to see different sized, styled and types of sabers. Maybe some new effects. I'd like to see the game go into some hardcore dynamic lighting, dx9 style.

If you wanted more customization for the saber, perhaps you could customize your hilt. Say there are like 10 options for a few different sections of the hilt, that you can cycle through when you are building it allowing you to mix and match. While it wouldn't effect game play, it could add a little more immersion, as it is custom built for you and you alone.

Yeah, that could be very cool. I'd like to see different sized, styled and types of sabers. Maybe some new effects. I'd like to see the game go into some hardcore dynamic lighting, dx9 style.

If you wanted more customization for the saber, perhaps you could customize your hilt. Say there are like 10 options for a few different sections of the hilt, that you can cycle through when you are building it allowing you to mix and match. While it wouldn't effect game play, it could add a little more immersion, as it is custom built for you and you alone.

Yes, yes, customize!!! I would like to customize most everything useable.

Like I said, I like my options.

• 3 weeks later...

Would you use a special crystal that changes blade color with the mood/health/ or alignment of the user?

Example: Jedi Gardian or Sentinal. Trouble ensues and you breakout the saber.

It's brilliant blue hue flashes as it crosses with a red sith saber. Depending on the battle, or your foe or your demeanor or health, the saber slowly changes hue then its color altogether.

Perhaps, as I get stronger or weaker, or angrier or calm, my saber reacts with a color change during combat. Of course this would be an unlockable item at some point and used only if desired.

Statement: Interesting idea. Musing, I think the Master would appreciate a mood lightsaber.

:lol: Jedi Weaponsmasters: Sad Jedi.

Jedi Watchmen: Scared Jedi

Jedi Master: Sick Jedi

That is kind of funny, actually. And then - Sith whatevers: Embarrased. :giggle1:

I don't really care if they change the color crystals any more, I liked the colors they had now. Of course, just a couple more crystals would be nice. As for everything else, I don't really care.

...Haruun Kal...

Actually, as I remember, he got the purple crystal from a planet called Hurrikaine. Something about "...braving the rock-encrusted natives..."

Why not? You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

But if they put that in the game (which I doubt) then there would probably be someone using a dual-colored saberstaff, so I would see it. Secondly, it doesn't seem Star Wars, it just doesn't feel right. Kind of the same way I feel about being able to wield dual saberstaffs. More for a mod idea than anything.

I see more gray than dark or light and both extremes annoy me, but I will say this, the color options for the color crystals in TSL were good, more choice but I can't recall if there was a clause for the color of the blade in the Jedi code.

Has anyone seen the sith use anything but red?

Guardian: Blue

Sentinel: Yellow

Counsular: Green

I don't think there are restrictions for changing color. I haven't seen anything in the code that limits color use.

How about altering the color by using the basic Red/Green/Blue setup of the color. I think setting the percentage of the maximum of each color would give you plenty of options to tweak the color of your blade. It would also make for a black or a white saber (all colors to 0% or 100% respectively). It also gives you about 1 million (very slightly) different options for the color.

I always thought that purple, orange, and red were the Sith colors. Purple is the combination of the Jedi Guardian's blue, and the Sith's red. Orange is the combination of the Sentinel's yellow, and the Sith's red. And so on- they are like "in-between" colors.

But usually you only see Sith using purple and red. As for more Sith using purple, several of the Sith Lords on Dxun used purple, and at the endboss battle Traya calls up those three purple floating sabers.

well.. purple is actually a "Sam Jackson wanted to stand out in a crowd" color ;)

But many theories are out there to give it a more "elegant" history to it's existence.

My favorite is because of the Force Form Mace Windu uses borders Dark Side tactics.. the combination of Red (Sith) & Blue (Jedi) makes his saber "Purple"...

Seemed appropriate and although a bit convenient for explanantions, it didn't hurt my feelings :xp: hehehe

I always thought that purple, orange, and red were the Sith colors. Purple is the combination of the Jedi Guardian's blue, and the Sith's red. Orange is the combination of the Sentinel's yellow, and the Sith's red. And so on- they are like "in-between" colors.

You forgot

Yellow is the combination between the Jedi Consular's green and the Sith's red, so there goes that theorie

Archived