Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

((Uh, Deac has never hung around K'Warra. He hangs around Termand Rwos.))

Bilbringi

*Another councilman speaks up*

Councilman 3: ...If your father is still alive, and returns to take up his position... what will you do? What would you have us do... assuming we accept your leadership now?

----------

Tatooine

Aren: Heh.

Artemis: Where...

Aren: By 'technology' you mean 'magic', don't you? What we call magic, anyway. You probably don't even know what I'm talking about, but you've started to smell it, whether you realize it or not, because it's in you now, too. Like an incurable infection. The more you use it, the worse you get. *to Farran* Nothing to say, Ariel?

Farran: You... all this time...

Aren: *sarcastically* Ah yes, it's all falling into place isn't it?

Artemis: *to Irvine* Cracern... if that really is you... what are you doing? This woman is dangerous. Miss Aren, I don't know what game you're playing, but I would appreciate it if---

Farran: Artemis. Shut up. She's a Blade.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((doh. was a while i wanted to try and remember who was who XD i'll edit))

Irvine "I agree, Artemis, shut up. I can take care of myself. You don't know how dangerious I am too." *to Aren* "Appearently you're not impressed here, Cracern first introduced me into it. kinda threw me off. Besides it's alot more quiet here." *shrugs* "Magic hmm? I am kinda interested, oh please do tell."

((BD: Hah, oops. I meant brother. Ah well, I'll go with it, since it still makes sense and I like that tangent. After all I wouldn't be surprised if people still thought Palpatine Senior was still waiting in the wings, even with Cracken's rise to ascendancy.))

Bilbringi

Councilman 2: And what of your brother, supposing he returns?

----------

Tatooine

Aren: Oho, you want explanations now? Think about this - I'm going to assume you know what I'm talking about - where did Farran get those Vanguard from? How did he manage to let non-Force sensitives manipulate the Force? And how is it that you're able to transfer us to this realm? Ever heard of a Sith technique for doing that? You think it's the Force you're using now? You wonder why I'm not impressed that you've discovered the bow and arrow in a world that uses blasters?

Artemis: For God's sake, he's bleeding to death!

Farran: *to Aren* You weren't kidding when you said this was a game... If I shed this disguise form to save myself or attack you, the Blades will know where I am. And if I don't I'll die. This is a game, and you're trying to force me to move. Aren't you?

Irvine *Laughs* "Farran got the designs or what ever you call that armour, from the same dimension from which i'm sure you and himself is from. Non-force users are able to use manipulate the force becuase the suits themselves have this magic imbuned into them to allow that. I'm able to transfer us into this realm with such magic, but i'm sure its a different type, considering that, obviously its not a Sith technique. And you're not impressed because you've seen or if I'm not mistaken, used, something better."

*Irvine purposefully let's Farran's condition worsen.*

"So which takes back to my offer, I'll play dice, but you better not hold back on how deep your world gets, and show me how everything works and how to do it myself... Even if I had to follow you into oblivion to do it."

((technically they didn't, Aren wanted him to 'make a move' and he did. he threw them all into the shadow realm. and Aren basically siad that it wasnt the force that he was using it was magic.

And how is it that you're able to transfer us to this realm? Ever heard of a Sith technique for doing that?

))

• 2 weeks later...

Bilbringi

*The Council chambers fall briefly quiet as Council members look at each other*

((Scar, or anybody else, gonna post anything in Bilbringi?))

----------

Tatooine, Shadow Realm

Farran: Are you... are you trying to see whether I would rather die or let the Blades find me? Is that it?

Aren: Oh, Irvine. That almost sounds like a threat. Such naiveté… you really are royalty, aren’t you? What makes you think that what’s growing in you is as simple as a tool you can use to beat down your opponents with?

*Farran convulses, his body twisting as if possessed. His eyes turn bloodshot-red and his skin melts off, leaving behind a different face altogether; a harsher face, an older face, angular and scarred. His thin black hair grows longer and wilder.

He reaches over his blaster wound and sparks fly from his fingers, knitting the wound together. He stands, slowly. A black, flickering blade extends from his left hand.*

Farran: Enough. Enough of this fear. Let them come, whoever the hells you are – it’s you whose done this!

*Aren smiles. Then an expression of pain flashes across her face, and she moves as if to double over, but keeps standing mostly upright. Her facial bone structure begins shifting. Her features become sharper, her cheekbones rise and her eyes change shape. Her black hair turns bright red.*

Aren: No one’s coming, Ariel. Nobody. *to Irvine* No one’s what they seem. I bet you have more than one face too… don’t you, Cracern? Or is it Palpatine? Which one of you is in charge? Or is it neither?

((No i'm good on the council))

*After a slight bit of looking at the new 'faces' of those around him, Irvine raises his head upward then glares down at Aren and cracks an evil smile....*

Irvine "Wouldn't you like to know?? But now seems like I got at least one thing that you can't figure out about me. Besides, what I said wasn't nessesarly a threat, it was more or less an ultimatum. It doesn't matter what or how I use this magic it's just that I'm sure that when you are teaching me how to use it you want me to do things for ya. In turn for the complance..." *purposely leaves the sentence unfinished...*

----------------------

Ulna Shardes

*Inside a barely lit room sat in rows several human and half demon alike. In the back stood Talon, arms crossed. This briefing was well over due, but nessesary for the update that was needed to told.

A white screen was lit in a blue rectangle as a half-demon in a decorated military suit walks up to the podium.*

Speaker "I am vice administrator General Horris. *ahem* This briefing is classifed."

*The blue screen changes to a dark one showing a 2d model of the Ulna Shardes' solar system. The image changes in retrospect to which solor body the general speaks of at that time.*

Horris "As you see here is the system of which we are currently inhabiting. The Yellow star is roughly 5.922% smaller then The Sun, and this planet is roughtly 3.687% estimated closer to the system star. This planet contains a small orbiting body of almost one third the size of the Moon. The other solar bodies include one roughly three eights the distence to the System Star. And four other bodies spread nearly as even away from the star from each other. Two of which are gas giants, which both are in approximate size of the former planet Jupiter."

*The two planets now shown in 3d and are shown in comparasion to a low resolution picture of Jupiter.*

"As most of you know back in 2346 the first successful launch, and creation of man's first nutron star was created from collapsing Jupiter orbital mass and compressing it into combustion. Which of course opened up several of it's solor bodies, or rather it's moons to be colonated in years to come.."

*The screen changes to show a large metal figure 8 orbiting the nutron star 'Jupiter'.*

"The collapse was also used to create the first complete fully functional permanent two-way hyperspace gateway with the Centuari system, which from there simulatiously collapsing prioximus Centauri Beta 4. The entergy used by the collapse of the gas giants created provided the energy needed to create the two wormholes on each side."

*The image changes once more to the Ulna Shardes system's gas giants. This time showing a partially assembled figure 8 hyperspace gateway.*

"Now it is shown that we are approximately 43% construction of this gateway that we are going to activate when we collapse one of this system's gateways. And which in the Centauri system they will commence the same with Centauri Charlie 5 opening up a gateway that will route us from here back to earth with out burning the resources that we have here to create one-way portals back to earth. This Gateway of course also opens up the opertunity for not only support for resource convoy but also military delivery of warships to gaurd any indigious threats from this galaxy."

*The screen turns blank and the lights in the room turn back on*

General "Any questions?"

1 person "Where's the resources that we are using to build this gateway on this side?"

General "Good question. Since our procurement of this planet we've done excavations below the survice and found meny different refined ore and metal that we've been using to supply our facilities and construction efforts. Not only that a few technologies that we've discovered and being researched as we speak."

2nd person "Do we have a time table before thie gateway is opened?"

General *glances at Talon quickly* "That is classified. Next question..."

((Scar, do you know what an ultimatum is? It's a final demand backed up by a threat in case of noncompliance. Is that what you were trying to have Irvine say or were you confused about the meaning of the word?))

Tatooine - Shadow Realm

Farran: ...What?

Aren: You don't see anyone teleporting in here, do you? Or did it slip your mind that Blades can do that now?

Farran: What in the hells are you trying to do here?

Aren: You're right. I wanted to see what you would do, Ariel - I wanted to see how desperate you were. Now I have my answer, and you know my secret. And you know that I can protect you from the eyes of the Blades - hell, anyone else too - even if you're as naked as the day you were born. You need me now...

*Farran stands holding the black sword, staring at her*

*turning back to Irvine* I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, Irvine. You - one of you, anyway - attacked one of the auxillary bases of the organization I work for, not too long ago. Thanks to the attack, we obtained samples of the magic working in your body, and we now understand how your peculiar power's effects work considerably better than you. We don't yet know precisely how it works the way it does, but we know what it does, and we're beginning to think we know why.

We don't need you to do anything for us. We want to know why you have the power you have and why it works the way it does. You want to know what you can do with your power. I think we have a clear trade... don't you?

((@red yeah i know the word. heck even looked up it jsut in case (needed to get the spelling correct anyway... ^^)

basically he was saying that he wont let aren find out about him and magic, if she doesnt show him how to use it properly and not only that to show where aren/farren/etc come from. (ie he thinks your characters arent from this dimension, and he wants to go, and "go" i mean to basically to see every aspect of what aren's "world" is about, with out holding details). If not he walks))

Irvine "I already said I was interested. Just show me everything..."

Village

Alyssa handed the datapad back to Reibe. "What are you going to do?"

"I'll show this to Idona," Reibe answered. "You keep looking around. See if you can find anything more."

Alyssa nodded and moved to do as she'd been told. Reibe took a deep breath and approached Idona.

"Leave nothing unobserved," she said, holding the datapad out to Idona. "Alyssa and I were unclear as to exactly what this datapad held, but it had something to do with Tatooine. Could something as simple as this have prompted their movement? Or would they perhaps have gone somewhere a little less... remote?"

• 1 month later...

((ok, i'm bored.

hey bd. let's do something...))

Bilbringi: space

*Just outside the system jumped in a small entourage of long range fighters and a transport.

Inside the transport sat an Admiral (Upper Half), he was older for his rank but fit for his age. He wore his long gray hair tied in the back, just below the shoulder. His uniform was just like any Imperal's of high rank, prestine with a slight shine. To him it was a brand new uniform. He had to replace his old set which were the Separatist's variant.

With like most officers and enlisted of the Separatists, they were finding their way back to the Empire as a whole. No more two factions. Sure there were plenty of reports that there was a few remnants here and there, just like the Empire sort of was before Cracken became into power. Politics.

To him it was always 'politics', always was when you're dealing with high ranked officers. Unfortunately he wasn't directly around when most things where happening, hence why most of his former friends whom he graduated as a cadet were either fleet admirals or just plainly dead. Lucky for him he was just a Commadore, well a higher ranked one.

But at least he had once a sizable fleet he had in command that he wished he could fly down the throat of the Loyalist's den. He wasn't big on who side was better then who's, but only being apart of a large battle, the excitement of it all. Last time he was apart of one was back in the battle of Endor, a leutenant back then. Though it was never apart of his job to do what he wanted, his job was just like anyone's in the chain of command: Take your orders and proceed smartly. And that's what he did.

Ahh. politics. Indeed neither what was Separatist nor Loyalist was the same since Cracken 'vanished', and this Agric came into power, turning things around, apparently.

But like again he had his duty like everyone else. His was 'Report to Bilbringi, and await further orders.'

Today was going to be a long day.

Up in the cockpit there was a sudden more activity then the last twenty hours in transit, they'd just been picked up by Bilbringi's outer defence perimeter. The pilot as queued sends the data packet containing the Identification of whom is being transfered, and the security check with it...*

Pilot *speaking into the comm* "Bilbringi defence, this is convoy Jacob Alfa-Two, awaiting deactivation of defence perimeter and continuation of course..." *the pilot then rambbled off with several numbers that the Admiral didn't care to notice..* ".. and awaiting berthing assignment to dispatch Admiral Fallos, over."

• 2 months later...

((I almost want to end this thread, since we breaked for so long and all. Sure, the title still doesn't make any sense, but I'm going to solve that in this next scene with Deac, so ha!))

Coruscant, NRI HQ, Computing Dept.

*Deac, as he waits for a reply from Rwos, becomes aware of a voice in his head. Nothing more than a whisper, coming from far away.

The sound seems familiar, as if it could have been there a long time, but only now that it is just barely strong enough to recognize as a voice*

Voice: Deac. Do you hear me? Follow my voice... please... we have need of you. Deac... Come.

((I say end it. it's got it's "big-mac-cantina" thread size to it, **** tons of storyline that everyone prolly wanted to get out of the thread, even thou it hasnt gotten to this 'guardians of peace and justice' part yet.

i'm satisfied.

besides a new thread will more likely spur activity

*looks up thread real quick*

*kicks BD*

dont want to play? :D))

• 2 weeks later...

((Huh, I thought you people might have posted. :p so disappointed. Anyway, I have no internet, haven't since... since I last posted. Will hopefully be getting it back soon. But looks like you people are slow, anyway, so it's okay. >_>))

Archived