Home

Will the game work on my PC? Find out

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Without knowing fully the spec for Empire At War, most of you can perform a simple check online, thanks to Microsoft.

However, this will really test your PC, however The Game Advisor database does not currently contain specific graphics card feature requirements for this game (such as T&L support, pixel shader version, etc.). Please verify that your graphics card meets the requirements set by the publisher but once you find out the make of your card, just google it to see if it has T&L for example.

Also, the Game advisor will try to install a piece of software, so you might need to check your pop-up blocker to allow this to happen during the process.

I would run a check against either Warhammer Dawn OF War or Rome Total War as I have a feeling that EaW will be along these lines in terms of spec

Visit Game Advisor

DMUK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

Your system is among the top 1% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor. Also, the key is to ensure that graphic card drivers especially, are kept up to date. But thats for the Tech support forum

DMUK

Eeeekkkk.... 55%!!!!! I really need to upgrade! lol. Im gonna have to get a new graphics card Im thinking since mine has 128 MB memory. Though my computer can still play Rome Total war and Dawn of War, so I should be okay. But definetely need more RAM and graphics card.

And now.... *hides in embarassment*

Your system is among the top 25% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor

What should I Upgrade?

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3200MHz

Display Card NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600

Memory 1024MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 147.94GB

Display Card Memory 256MB

Display Driver Version 8.1.8.5

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive CD/DVD

Sound Card C-Media Wave Device

Your system is among the top 19% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor

Processor AMD Athlon XP/MP/4 2172MHz

Display Card ATI RADEON 9700 PRO

Memory 1024MB

Sound Card NVIDIA® nForce Audio

I'll have an overhaul in upgrades around when it comes out anyways.

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3192MHz

Display Card ATI RADEON X300

Memory 1024MB

Sound Card Realtek HD Audio rear output

32% of the systems scanned by the Game Advisor rank higher in performance than your system.

p.s my comp was 3 bars behind the fastest system, can anyone tell me from this info how well you think my computer is? ALso i haven't seen any game on the site my comp can't run...

Jmaster, your PC will most definetely be able to play EaW. You have a pretty good gaming system, how much memory does your graphics card have?

Cool, thanks and i never fixed or did anything to my computer, just bought it the way it came. Here is the answer to your question for me.

Display Card Memory 128MB

Foshjedi2004, if you're looking to upgrade I personally would suggest going for a new video card. I went out and picked up a Geforce6600GT for around $120 after I discovered smoke grenades in BF2 caused the game to run slower than molasses in winter.

I'm I the only one who can't get their specs read on this thing?

AMD 64 3700+ SanDeigo (2.2Ghz)

ATI Rad X800 GTO 256MB

1GB RAM

OS -XP Pro

hmmm...it reads fine until it gets to about 70-80% and then says it has technical difficulties and can not read it.

Could be the firewall I'm behind that's notoriously picky, but somehow I doubt it...

Fosh, I would say either it's your soundcard that's dragging you down, or it's the RAM.

My stats are:

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3412MHz

Display Card ATI RADEON X600

Memory 1536MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 43.85GB

Display Card Memory 128MB

Display Driver Version 6.14.10.6553

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive N/A

Sound Card SB Audigy Audio [b880]

So it's fairly the same as yours.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps it is the grafics card. :)

Archived