Home

KotOR3 Lightsabre Colours

Darth Windu

But how is that different to the crystals RedHawke mentioned? I just said in my last post (sarcastically) that because there weren't two same color crystals that gave special bonuses, that wouldn't allow me to use on color on myself and the same color on another character. Like you all are saying, it would force me to use a color I don't like for that character, because I won't get the bonuses otherwise.

But then why are you complaining about getting a tiny little bonus like Windu is suggesting, which won't do anything to your character in comparison? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand what is different about the two. :)

Prestige crystals--cool! Maybe the character could find these only after reaching a certain level.

That's... not what... I actually meant there Jae... and everyone else... I just created those names in a few seconds whilst typing my post, I had no intention of them being locked to a particular class, doing so would restrict the color choices for the PC, thusly nullifying the whole idea. ;)

But then why are you complaining about getting a tiny little bonus like Windu is suggesting, which won't do anything to your character in comparison? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand what is different about the two. :)

Because the color af a saber is something that should not define the battle properties of a saber. The color should be purely cosmetic. The lightsaber isn't the only thing that can give you a bonus, if you start the same thing with these other items as well, the bonus quickly varies, and if you use say 2 sabers, the saber bonus would already be doubled. Include armor, robes and stuff, and you quickly have a +5.

Unless off course you get to pick the color the special crystal gives you, as I've stated above. A saber is personal, so why shouldn't a Jedi/Sith be able to pick the color themselves?

That's... not what... I actually meant there Jae... and everyone else... I just created those names in a few seconds whilst typing my post, I had no intention of them being locked to a particular class, doing so would restrict the color choices for the PC, thusly nullifying the whole idea. ;)

Actually, the mind went off on a tangent when I saw how you listed them, and that's how I ended up at the 'prestige' idea. :) I was thinking more of the 'restricting special color LS crystals with a bonus to a certain level and above' idea and not the 'restricting to a certain class,' even though that's what prestige class actually is. I probably need to give that idea a different name like 'high level color crystal'.

This whole thing might be solved by asking when you get your "name" crystal what color you want it to be also (edit--as mentioned above), if such a thing is possible.

Heck you could make a special crystal of each color that we can find later on in the game. (Pending on the basic saber color crystal we are using at a certain point in the game.)

Basic Crystal..........Color..........Special Crystal W/ Properties

Blue......................Blue...........Focus of the Jedi

Red.......................Red...........Core of the Sith

Green...................Green.........Way of the Counsular

Yellow..................Yellow.........Courage of the Sentinel

Purple...................Purple.........Way of the Force

Teal/Cyan..............Teal...........Mantle of the Force

Orange.................Orange........Heart of the Guardian

Veridian................Veridian.......Spirit of the Jedi

White/Silver...........White..........Heart of Emptiness

This would be cool! :D But there should be basic and exrordinary versions of all the color crystals to allow players the ability to be flexible during gameplay. Playing KotOR I you always went with either HotG or MotF because they were the strongest saber crystals. Using a system like this you could play with the colors you like.

Just my 2 cents! ;)

I like it! In fact..*sniff, sniff*, I smell a mod coming on :D

I think what would work is your crystal that bonds to you should be a color crystal...some where in the game you could decide the color...I must admit I felt cheated out of a crystal space in TSL with my bound crystal. make my bound crystal a color crystal with all that DEX, STR, and whatever buffs and that way your fav color will buff your class just like the (Name) crystal in TSL did WITHOUT taking another crystal spot....

Just an Idea

Well, I have some kind of... strange opinion. As you maybe remember cyan color was in 4th episode, but not in 3rd. Maybe Anakin's crystal became older and changed color from blue to cyan? I think this feature might be added to KotOR III. After, for example 10 hours of overall playing KotOR III since crystall bought (or found) (I mean 10 hours of playing one character of course) blue color tranforms to cyan. That's my idea about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Basic colors I would expect to be in game:

• Blue
  • Red
  • Green
  • Violet
  • Yellow

Yes, that's all. But now you ask, what about Cyan/Orange/Silver/Veridian/Bronze? Yes, I think they could return too, but in a different way.

Consider this example: I'm using a regular blue lightsaber, but in addition I add a Solari crystal to my lightsaber, and now my blade color has changed to Cyan. In this way, various lightsaber crystals could be used to create a wide variety of colors and shades.

Consider this example: I'm using a regular blue lightsaber, but in addition I add a Solari crystal to my lightsaber, and now my blade color has changed to Cyan. In this way, various lightsaber crystals could be used to create a wide variety of colors and shades.

Hmmm, what if I like the Solari crystal and the standard blue color?

IMHO bonuses should not be linked with colors,not even this way.

How about this then: there are rare crystals scattered at various Force sensitive caves and caverns. I am not talking about the basic colors but they are different in that they possess certain energies that become intertwined with your character as your abilitiy in the Force grows. Sublty they can increase the skill at deflection, the power in a strike, anything except fly. No one is quite sure on the color because no one has successfully found them before. Some say that they are dual colored, the core of the beam one color and the light another. Others say they are colors never before imagined as for use as a lighsaber blade.

I know it sounds a bit cheesy and it sound a bit like the crystal bonded to you in TSL but is it to much to hope for or dream about?

Hmmm, what if I like the Solari crystal and the standard blue color?

IMHO bonuses should not be linked with colors,not even this way.

I see your point, but players are already forced to choose between their favorite looking equipment and stat bonuses. For example most people I know prefer the look of Jedi Knight robes in TSL over Jedi Master robes, but that means they have to choose between what they like and what is stronger.

It wouldn't be too big a change to the game over all, and if it really bothered people it would give modders a new project to fix.

Well, I have some kind of... strange opinion. As you maybe remember cyan color was in 4th episode, but not in 3rd. Maybe Anakin's crystal became older and changed color from blue to cyan?

That's just technical goofs. Because Anakin's (given to Luke) lightsaber was blue in Empire Strikes Back. Click the link to find out more.

Lightsaber goofs in ANH

And Luke's (Anakin's from Episode III) lightsaber color in ESB

luke290qv.jpg

Archived