Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

Thanks for the support everyone and your patients. But I think I need to get this released soon or I never will, I would rather release 85-90% than 0%.

I'll see how much I can get done over the weekend, then I'll let you all know what I decide.

This will be interesting now that the weekend is over.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. I'm surprised T7 hasn't updated us after last weekend if he's going to release it as is (85-90% done) or just try to get it 100% done. That was the news I was waiting and hoping to know at this point.

Sorry, I'm late in telling you all what I'm doing with the mod. but sometimes a little nudge by others can get things moving again.

I'm just going to release what I have completed, The optional things like Bastila's single bladed lightsaber is cut and the Sand People Chief's weapon is cut. I haven't even started on those models and honestly I have little interest to work on them. A couple of other things that I started on for this mod I have also scrapped, due in large part to my own lack of interest in modding KotOR at this time.

I do want you all to know though that I have just not been able to mod at all recently and the free time I have had in the last week has been spent in TES4:Oblivion(great game btw).

I do want you all to know though that I have not abandoned this mod, it will be released this month. I know it sounds like a long wait, but hey you've waited this long for it ;)

Thanks again for your patients. :)

the free time I have had in the last week has been spent in TES4:Oblivion(great game btw).

B. Hooked on Elder Scrolls.

Heh, I was right. That game's been sucking away my days non-stop now. I'm on the verge of becoming a hermit, the only thing I get outside these days for is to get food. ;)

The optional things like Bastila's single bladed lightsaber is cut... I have little interest to work on them....

Hi T7, how are you? I don't want to be, what's the word..., a pain in the crouch but how much money would it take for you to make the Bastila's single bladed lightsaber option? Im just trying to grow your interest here hahaha :p

No seriously, it is a shame you don't include this option as I'm sure many players where expecting it. I know I did. This I ask you as a favor: Can you point me in the direction so I can mod this option by my self? If I do a good job and you allow it I could later release it as a patch or something...

Anyways, thanks for all the job you've done with this mod!

how much money would it take for you to make the Bastila's single bladed lightsaber option? Im just trying to grow your interest here hahaha :p

No seriously, it is a shame you don't include this option as I'm sure many players where expecting it. I know I did. This I ask you as a favor: Can you point me in the direction so I can mod this option by my self? If I do a good job and you allow it I could later release it as a patch or something...

Ditto for me too! I was so hoping that this wasn't going to make it onto the cutting room floor, T7. I could care less about the Chieftain's Gaffi, but the Bastilla single blade was one of my main wishes for this mod. Please, at the very least, tell us how to change the script on the Leviathan that causes her to pull out a doubleblade no matter what she was wielding before.

Ditto for me too! I was so hoping that this wasn't going to make it onto the cutting room floor, T7. I could care less about the Chieftain's Gaffi, but the Bastilla single blade was one of my main wishes for this mod. Please, at the very least, tell us how to change the script on the Leviathan that causes her to pull out a doubleblade no matter what she was wielding before.

Should be as simple as changing the bast_temp_saber uti file to point to a single saber rather than a double.

RIMs->Modules->lev_m40ac_s.rim->Blueprint, Item->bast_temp_saber.uti

Please, at the very least, tell us how to change the script on the Leviathan that causes her to pull out a doubleblade no matter what she was wielding before.

Edit bast_temp_saber.uti in the Leviathan hangar module. Change the baseitem to a single saber. The only glitch is at the end of the scene before the door closes on Malak and Bastila she no longer has a saber.

Other files you might want to edit are:

p_bastilla.utc ->change two weapon fighting feat to dueling.

tar03_brejik031.utc ->change double saber to single saber in his inventory.

k_ptar_hassaber.ncs ->hex edit script to change double saber to single saber.

k_ptar_lootbreji.ncs ->hex edit script to change double saber to single saber.

The only glitch is at the end of the scene before the door closes on Malak and Bastila she no longer has a saber.

That stinks! Anyway, by editing all of those files, does it also set Bastilla up to have a singlebladed saber on the Temple Summit and the Star Forge, or is there something else I need to tinker with?

That stinks! Anyway, by editing all of those files, does it also set Bastilla up to have a singlebladed saber on the Temple Summit and the Star Forge, or is there something else I need to tinker with?

For that, you would need to edit the p_unk_evilbast.utc(I think that's the right name) file and change the lightsaber to a single. It's in one of the unknown world modules. Can't say exactly which one since I'm at work.

You would need to edit the unk44_evilbast.utc file. You would also want to edit the p_bastilla004.utc file if she joins your party.

On the Star Forge editing the .utc files would be tricky since they share tags on two different modules, which will cause dialogue freezing. I can't remember which one since it's been so long. My suggestion would be to wait till T7 completes it since I'm sure he'll discover this and change the .uti file that is Bastila's lightsaber and change it to a single, along with the unk44_evilbast.utc file and the p_bastilla004.utc (note, the .utc tag mispells Bastila LOL file as she spells it with one "L").

I do want you all to know though that I have just not been able to mod at all recently and the free time I have had in the last week has been spent in TES4:Oblivion(great game btw).

Does this mean we'll shortly be seeing some mods for TES4 that you've made? :-) I'd love to see a lightsaber or 2 in there ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived