Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

I like options.

I like having people trying to kill me ... Um in game that is.

I like being able to defeat them and take their weapons as tropheys.

I meant you'll find one you like, and never use the others, even if your party members are using items too, there's too many in that list. Maybe you should consider this and perhaps use some of these for a separate mod. People like Twitch, Ice, and Bandon for example don't seem like they need special weapons. Just a suggestion to save space and since you wouldn't use them all, but do what you want.

If that fact you cant use all the weapons because there is only a certain amount of characters in your party why did BW make so many? Same with armours and robes? WHy make so many if oyu aren't likely to use them? If they were only going to make enough to cover your party then all they needed was four robes, a couple of armours, four sabers, four swords etc etc. Why make options if people are only ever going to be able to use some of them? :king1:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant you'll find one you like, and never use the others

Notice you said, "You like." What "you" may like or what will be your favorite may not be someone else's favorite. You'll use a hilt you like. But other people have other tastes. There maybe hilts you'll never use, but there will be others out there that will use the other hilts you won't use.

Making a variety of hilts gives users to choose what fits their taste. Your taste will be different than some others. It's that simple.

Progress Update

I have a couple more screens to share with all of you.

Chuundar's Bowcaster icon Since Chuundar sold out to Czerka I added the Czerka logo to his icon.

render of both sides

This next one is Bacca's Sword, I'm trying to stay as close to the description as possble, but I've added my own to it. The hilt is made from a Terantanak claw.

Bacca's Sword

In-game shot Unskinned

Just started skinning

And the last one is Sherruk's Blaster rifle, its still very wip. Although the render should give a pretty good idea of where its going.

Sherruk's Blaster Rifle

I was looking through your wip, but maybe I missed it, any chance of getiing a shot of Bastila's double-edged saber?

oops, Here is a screen of Bastila's Double bladed lightsaber

Cool Bacca sword! It kinda looks like those Arabian scimitars.

The blade design is a Ryyk Blade from "Star Wars d20 - Arms and Equipment Guide" I simply modified the design to suit my needs. I think my sword is also larger than the one in the guide. Achilles also built a Ryyk blade ages ago for both KotOR and TSL. If you can't wait for this mod to come out. ;)

oops, Here is a screen of Bastila's Double bladed lightsaber

Simply OUTSTANDING! I have to admit that I was a little worried that it wouldn't meet my expectations, but you have yet to let me down in your mod designs. I can't wait to see the single-bladed variation! Keep up the good work. BY THE WAY...any progress on the HotG or MotF sabers? (I know I keep bugging the hell out of ya about it). ;)

Hello T7, againg nice job with the Bacca blade, the Sherruck's rifle and off course, Bastila's lightsaber! Very nice job indeed! Me too I can't wait to see the single blade version of it...

...any progress on the HotG or MotF sabers? (I know I keep bugging the hell out of ya about it). ;)

Hello MdKhightR, I don't want to be offensive or anything but if T7 actually makes the HotG and MotF sabers, it would mean that we players can't use those crystals into other T7 original sabers without changing the hilt appearance... If one man's opinion is worth for something, I would say that I prefer every hilt to be fully upgradeable, to come in every colour including HotG and MotF.

T7, you are designing hilts for almoust every important character of the game but, what about Revan's? Is he/she going to have his/her own original hilt? It could be built on Dantooine or at the StarForge, I leave it up to you...

Keep the good work!

BY THE WAY...any progress on the HotG or MotF sabers? (I know I keep bugging the hell out of ya about it). ;)

I know its something you really want but I can't think of a reason why those 2 crystals need their own hilt. Also how would I decided what saber style to make the hilts for those crystals, I'm not eager to make 6 new sabers for just two crystals.

As it is right now I have 8 sabers completed that have 7 color variations. Since each of these sabers will be able to use the HotG and MotF colors I'm more inclined to let the player choose to replace the hilt for those cyrstals on thier own. It would only require you to open the crystal and saber uti in KT and then change the model variation for which ever saber you want to use those crystals in. I will include the list of model numbers, this with KT will allow anyone to mod those crystals to their own personal taste.

T7, you are designing hilts for almoust every important character of the game but, what about Revan's? Is he/she going to have his/her own original hilt? It could be built on Dantooine or at the StarForge, I leave it up to you...

I already built Revan a StarForge saber It's included in my Revan's Mask Plus mod.

So is there going to be Dark Side skin for her red double-bladed lightsaber when you confront her on the Rakatan Temple, and the Star Forge?

Do you mean a Darkside Hilt skin? If yes, then I have to ask why would she build a new hilt when she can change the crystal. Now if you think about it this could be one of those times when it would acceptable to do an ep 3 Anikan and keep her using her Yellow Jedi saber. ;)

I don't know if this has already been answered or not but will you make a newer model for Malak or at least a more detailed one? Since all the other Jedi NPC's will have cool high detailed ones I wasn't sure ;)

Makal will be wielding this Lightsaber The player will also be able to build one using any of the 7 game colors with the Starforge Replicator.

The model is a replica of Darth Nemesis custom hilt, source http://www.thelightsaber.com/ The Custom hilt Design was originally made by Jim Ralston. You can learn more about it here http://www.thelightsaber.com/morenemisis.htm

I'll take some ingame screens of it soon.

Btw, I know that site also has a Lightsaber assigned to Darth Malak, but there is no way I'm making that for Malak. Why or how they chose that hilt for Malak I have no Idea.

I already built Revan a StarForge saber It's included in my Revan's Mask Plus mod.

Hello T7, will this saber be builted on Dantooine or at the Starforge? The saber has the Starforge marks so it would be kind of bizarre to built it at the Enclave but it will be way to long to have to wait untill the Starforge to get a custom saber for the main character isn't it? I hope I'm not anoying you whit this...

Makal will be wielding this Lightsaber The player will also be able to build one using any of the 7 game colors with the Starforge Replicator.

The model is a replica of Darth Nemesis custom hilt, source http://www.thelightsaber.com/ The Custom hilt Design was originally made by Jim Ralston. You can learn more about it here http://www.thelightsaber.com/morenemisis.htm

I'm not so trillled about Darth Nemesis saber but I guess that's my problem jajaja :) That page is great by the way, the perfect inspiration if someone wants to start modelling sabers for mods. I think that a desing of your own would have been a better choice for Malak's saber though... Even so, I can hardly wait for this mod to be released!

Do you mean a Darkside Hilt skin? If yes, then I have to ask why would she build a new hilt when she can change the crystal. Now if you think about it this could be one of those times when it would acceptable to do an ep 3 Anikan and keep her using her Yellow Jedi saber. ;)

That's if she really keeps it. For some reason, Bastila's lightsaber ends up in your possession when you escape the Leviathan. ;)

I always looked at it that Bastila was either given or made another lightsaber before she confronts you on the Rakatan Temple after becoming Malak's apprentice. That's why I asked about a Dark Side skin on her hilt.

As comparing it to Juhani's position. I always looked at Juhani as a confused Jedi and thinks she's dark with no alligance to the Sith.

That's if she really keeps it. For some reason, Bastila's lightsaber ends up in your possession when you escape the Leviathan. ;)

I always looked at it that Bastila was either given or made another lightsaber before she confronts you on the Rakatan Temple after becoming Malak's apprentice. That's why I asked about a Dark Side skin on her hilt.

She will keep it in my mod, and change the crystal for the fight on Unknown World. ;) It just wouldn't make any sense to see Bastila attack Malak with her Double bladed Lightsaber and then to still have it in your inventory. To me it Sounds like the devs just forgot to delete that item from the PC's inventory.

If they want it that bad then they can just use the KOTOR Tool to put it back in

On a side note I was wondering if that clothing reskin would be available for download?

And I had an idea, do you think it would be a good idea for the Republic Troops and the Sith to have their own Blaster Rifle and Pistol variation? Probably not but I always thought it was kind of stupid to see the troops running around with the same blaster pistol and rifle.

And I had an idea, do you think it would be a good idea for the Republic Troops and the Sith to have their own Blaster Rifle and Pistol variation? Probably not but I always thought it was kind of stupid to see the troops running around with the same blaster pistol and rifle.

Well, a very large company that sells firearms could make quite a profit if they sold to both sides instead of just one.... :)

Archived