Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realized that I forgot about an important NPC on Dantooine. Sherruk the Mandalorian leader on Dantooine certainly deserves his own blaster rifle and I think he should have a big one, but it's between two models I made last May.

It would probably be most fitting if you made a lightsaber for Sherruk instead of a gun. If you ask Jon about the Mandalorians, he says that Sherruk used a lightsaber, although this was never seen in-game.

Ok its unanimous, The first Rifle model is also my choice I just didn't want to influence anyone in that direction by saying it was my primary choice. ;)

Actually if you just have Juhani's lightsaber blue when you confront her in the grove, it would be like pulling an Anakin Skywalker. Juhani goes to the dark side, runs away, and never changes her lightsaber just like Anakin.

I was considering doing this for about a week, but I finally decided that i'll stay with the Red blade the devs gave her. I think it should be evident that she is the Darkside influence in the grove and everyone knows that only Darkjedi use red saber crystals. We don't really know how long she has been out in the grove, I get the impression that she had been out there for months and perhaps she went to the crystal caves and found a red crystal to use in her lightsaber. This line of reasoning is why she would also be carrying a second crystal for that hilt.

It would probably be most fitting if you made a lightsaber for Sherruk instead of a gun. If you ask Jon about the Mandalorians, he says that Sherruk used a lightsaber, although this was never seen in-game.

I just read through that dialog and jon does say the mandalorian leader wielded a Lightsaber!, however it could be assumed that he was only useing it to intimidate the locals, He most likely would not be skilled with using the lightsaber, he even says they are trophies that he took from other jedi that he killed and he is actually equiped with Echani Vibroswords, which doesn't really make sense to me at all.

How about I equip him with my blaster rifle and give him 2 unique lightsaber hilts, I have few models just sitting in my scenes folder one of which is already skinned and rigged. The question now is though would a highly skilled Mandalorian Warrior Use a lightsaber if his target got to close to effectivly use his Rifle. The more I think about it does sound cool to see him whip out one of his lightsaber trophies and try to kill you with it in a last ditch effort to win the battle.

Ok its unanimous, The first Rifle model is also my choice I just didn't want to influence anyone in that direction by saying it was my primary choice. ;)

Yippee! Oh wait I forgot to vote, well it doesn't really matter since everyone else voted that way.

I was considering doing this for about a week, but I finally decided that i'll stay with the Red blade the devs gave her. I think it should be evident that she is the Darkside influence in the grove and everyone knows that only Darkjedi use red saber crystals. We don't really know how long she has been out in the grove, I get the impression that she had been out there for months and perhaps she went to the crystal caves and found a red crystal to use in her lightsaber. This line of reasoning is why she would also be carrying a second crystal for that hilt.

That makes sense to me, and the way eveyone talks about the kathounds and Quatra it does seem like Juhani was out there a while.

How about I equip him with my blaster rifle and give him 2 unique lightsaber hilts, I have few models just sitting in my scenes folder one of which is already skinned and rigged. The question now is though would a highly skilled Mandalorian Warrior Use a lightsaber if his target got to close to effectivly use his Rifle. The more I think about it does sound cool to see him whip out one of his lightsaber trophies and try to kill you with it in a last ditch effort to win the battle.

I think that fits way better then just equiping him to use a lightsaber straight out.

I was considering doing this for about a week, but I finally decided that i'll stay with the Red blade the devs gave her. I think it should be evident that she is the Darkside influence in the grove and everyone knows that only Darkjedi use red saber crystals. We don't really know how long she has been out in the grove

So I guess we won't be see this...

kor54qo.jpg

Update

I've decided on these 2 sabers to be Sherrucks trophies

Trophy 1 I made this model way back in November 04 I liked the design, but I couldn't figure out where it belonged in the game, so making it a trophy works for me now. Keep in mind the skin is 95% base texture, but you get the general idea of the colors I'll use.

Trophy 2 I made this Double saber around the same time as the first one. its a simple design, but I can make an interesting skin for it :)

The Next 2 screens are of Ajunta Pall's Double Sword. Its higher poly than I normally like to do, but there will only be one instance of it in the game. :) Even with that said its still lower than some other models that have been made for KotOR/TSL.

Full sword beside a game double sword

Closer shot of the hilt.

That sounds like a great idea. Good job on Ajunta's sword, as well. By the way, are you making any unique pistols for Brejik or Davik?

I made this model way back in November 04 I liked the design, but I couldn't figure out where it belonged in the game, so making it a trophy works for me now. Keep in mind the skin is 95% base texture, but you get the general idea of the colors I'll use.

So the first lightsaber is going to be a yellow blade I take it. What about the second one, the double-bladed one?

^^^ Actually no, the yellow is going to be gold and is no indication of the blade color. I have a custom blade texture that I made for this hilt which is much more narrow than the normal blade and is white/blue with a purple corona.

As for the second one, I'm open to suggestions, the devs gave him a blue and a red lightsaber, But I'm not glued to that decision and it would probably make more sense if the Double was more of a Jedi color.

As for the second one, I'm open to suggestions, the devs gave him a blue and a red lightsaber, But I'm not glued to that decision and it would probably make more sense if the Double was more of a Jedi color.

If it were up to me, I would be traditional with the colors. I would have one be blue and the other green since they are Jedi colors and you can't go wrong with them. It's like when ordering a pizza, you order pepperoni when you have lots of people waiting to eat it because you will please more people that way.

The orginal way with one being blue and the other red kinda puzzled me. Only because if Sherruk killed Jedi, why would one of them be carrying a red one? That's just my point of view.

are you making any unique pistols for Brejik or Davik?

Oh ya Brejik, I forgot abut him; hmm, how about a New pistol for him.

I could give Davik one of these,

Desintegrator

Ripper

Or perhaps something with more fire power.

MAR

If it were up to me, I would be traditional with the colors. I would have one be blue and the other green since they are Jedi colors and you can't go wrong with them.

The orginal way with one being blue and the other red kinda puzzled me. Only because if Sherruk killed Jedi, why would one of them be carrying a red one? That's just my point of view.

Trophy one will be mostly blue, ;) and green sounds fine for the second one.

Yes, the red one puzzled me too, the devs probably put it in there so that the player wouldn't have to wait to get red until they were confronted by Darkjedi on another planet.

I am curious about the Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force models. Have you considered them yet? I always thought it would be cool for the HotG hilt to be inlaid with a woodgrain texture.

As for the bastard sword idea, I don't think it would look too primitive. However, I didn't necessarily mean it to be a literally historical sword either. All I meant was to have it be a long sword with a double hand hilt of whatever design you saw fit to dress it with.

Yes, the red one puzzled me too, the devs probably put it in there so that the player wouldn't have to wait to get red until they were confronted by Darkjedi on another planet.

Isn't that what the crystal cave is for? ;)

Archived