Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

Will bastilia be using her new lightsaber when you meet her on the starforge, because everytime I try to get her to equip anything but the standard items i.e. standard red doubleblade something goes wrong and she becomes invinicble.

Are you useing her .utc file? If you are that is your problem, she has at least 2 .utc files for the starforge that are named the same. So if you extract one and edit it and drop in the overrride folder the game will only see that one and she becomes invincible and will never use the following dialogs to either save her or end her.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I was trying to get oldflash to make this one for Malak.

1540_saber.jpg

But since you already have one in mind for him, perhaps this could be Uthar's saber (or even the Sith saber that you retrieve during the test on Korriban).

this image comes from this request thread here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155927

where i actually like this one better:

0188-saber.gif

maybe don't make one exact, but the idea of having a color crystal showing on the bottom of the hilt appeals to me.

oh and if you want to know where these hilt images come from, they are on the "leaders" profiles in this website here:

http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.org/dbjedi/

The idea of Sherruk weilding his trophy lightsabers in battle sounded like a good idea for one of my personal mods, but when I opened up his character in the kotor tool, I discovered that he already has the lightsaber proficiency feat. o_o'

Could it be he was meant to use lightsabers all along, and for whatever reason it got bugged? Or an idea that was scripted, and later scrapped?

Wow! Great Ideas everyone! I've been out for two days, I hope I'm not to late to give an opinion.

1.-About Juhani's saber: Even if whe was Dark Jedi, is not said that she swore allegiance with the Sith. She didn't have a reason to change her crystal into a red one. Even Anakin in EpIII did not change his saber but got a new one from the Emperor after he was turned into a living machine. Only Sith use red crystals, not Dark Jedi. I read this somewhere in the Internet, I wish I had the link. Juhani should have a blue saber when Revan first meet her at the Grove. To please all, if this is not to much problem, can this be a mod option?

2.-Rifle#1 looks awesome! Nice work T7!. I'm curious about how HK-47's Rifle is turning out.

3.-Excelente idea about Sherrucks trophies! I think is perfect as it is although I'll use regular saber colours. T7, can you really make an script that makes him use the saber when he is almoust defeated? This would be really cool!

Have you thought about what we talked about Calo Nord? This is pretty much the same request but with a different villian.

4.-Nice work with the Ajunta Pall's Double Sword and with all the fireguns! Againg, Awesome work!

Keep it up the good work and let us know if you need testers to try the final versions of the mod or if you need anything else...

Only Sith use red crystals, not Dark Jedi.

Not true. Desonn and Tavion were Dark Jedi, and they used red lightsabers. Ultimately, there are no rules about what colors Force users can use, only preferences. :)

I think Juhani should keep her red saber. Considering how there are quite a few red crystals in a nearby cave, and how people aligned to the Dark Side tend to favor red sabers, it would be illogical for her to use any other color.

Not true. Desonn and Tavion were Dark Jedi, and they used red lightsabers. Ultimately, there are no rules about what colors Force users can use, only preferences. :)

I think Juhani should keep her red saber. Considering how there are quite a few red crystals in a nearby cave, and how people aligned to the Dark Side tend to favor red sabers, it would be illogical for her to use any other color.

T7, what about making it an option? You know, when the mod get's done, have extra files for those who Juhani's saber as blue, they can simply replace a single (or multiple) files with the mod to get what they want? That way everyone is satisifed?

Also, Devon, IIRC, in one of the commentaries on the movies, I believe Lucas stated that red was specifically for the Sith. It might have been the Making of Star Wars in the Rereleased DVD Versions of the first three...Don't remember to well.

The idea of Sherruk weilding his trophy lightsabers in battle sounded like a good idea for one of my personal mods, but when I opened up his character in the kotor tool, I discovered that he already has the lightsaber proficiency feat. o_o'

Could it be he was meant to use lightsabers all along, and for whatever reason it got bugged? Or an idea that was scripted, and later scrapped?

Its very possible thats what the intent was, The main reason why you don't see him wield those sabers would be because he already has 2 Vibroblades equiped, this would prevent him from equiping those lightsabers. In light of this info I feel much better about letting him wield a lightsaber in close combat. I'll be equiping him with that rifle and replace the 2 lightsabers in his inventory, he also has Master Two_weapon fighting so most likely the AI would equip the double saber for close combat, but the AI can be wiggy sometimes and can make the npc fight hand to hand in close quarters instead of using a weapon intheir inventory, so I might have to script the event.

Wow! Great Ideas everyone! I've been out for two days, I hope I'm not to late to give an opinion.

The only time it will be too late to offer an opinion or idea's is when the mod released. ;)

1.-About Juhani's saber: Even if whe was Dark Jedi, is not said that she swore allegiance with the Sith. She didn't have a reason to change her crystal into a red one. Even Anakin in EpIII did not change his saber but got a new one from the Emperor after he was turned into a living machine. Only Sith use red crystals, not Dark Jedi. I read this somewhere in the Internet, I wish I had the link. Juhani should have a blue saber when Revan first meet her at the Grove. To please all, if this is not to much problem, can this be a mod option?

This is how I look at it; Juhani is in the grove because she fed off the darkside and lashed out at her master during her lightsaber combat training.

She thinks that she killed her Master in her rage and flees the enclave. She could have done this because she felt guilt about her act and was afraid to face the councle and accept her punishment or perhaps she simply fled because she thought the other jedi would kill her for what she did.

Now after fleeing the jedi enclave she would most likely be confused and conflicted about what she should do, she's alone in the wilderness without focus and under the influence of the darkside, she knows about the sith and she believes she has completely fallen to the Darkside. In between corrupting Kath hounds she comes across the Crystal cave and finds a red focusing crystal and decides to embrace what she thinks is her destiny of following the Darkside path.(this is the substory that I think of to fill in the missing story)

But I'm adding a little more to this story, if you recall

I said Juhani will have 3 lightsabers throughout the game. The lightsaber she has when she meets you will not be her's but rather her Master Quatra's Lightsaber. During the training session Juhani becomes more and more frustrated, Quatra would be able to sense this and so she push's Juhani to see how far she is willing to go. As a result of this Juhani begins to feed off her frustration, which leads to anger then rage.With Juhani completely comsumed by her rage the training quickly changes into a full on battle and her intent changes toward harming her Master. Quatra soon senses that she pushed her Padawan too far and decides to end the battle by destroying Juhani's padawan Lightsaber, thus rendering her defenseless. Juhani still consumed by her rage and now without her lightsaber and backed into a corner reaches out with the force begins to choke the life from her Master. Quatra is taken by surprize and unable to focus her Jedi powers she goes limp with asphyxiation. Juhani now shocked to see her master lying on the floor of the training room and thinking quatra is dead she takes her masters lightsaber and flee's the enclave before its dicovered what she has done.

Now to add to what I wrote about juhani Accepting her fate to follow the darkside path she may also want to change the crystal to red to remove some reminder that she now carries her dead masters lightsaber and has been commiting acts of evil with it.

On the point about Anikan still using his blue lightsaber after he fell to the darkside, I would just assume he didn't have the time to change it, after all he was to busy killing younglings and destorying everything he believed in.(what a fool) :p In a special feature on the Episode 2 disc GL was asked about the lightsaber colors and he basicaly said good guys use Green and blue and bad guys use red. ;) Even with all that said I can add an alternative uti that uses the blue crystal intead of the red easily.

2.-Rifle#1 looks awesome! Nice work T7!. I'm curious about how HK-47's Rifle is turning out.

Thanks. I haven't worked anymore on HK's Rifle, I'm still stuck on the design so I moved on to the others until I figure out how it should look.

Have you thought about what we talked about Calo Nord? This is pretty much the same request but with a different villian.

I'm still considering it, but right now I'm just focusing on Sherruk's trophies.

@TheOneMan, I will be making a few things optional, but it will require people to read the readme for install details. ;)

I'm useing Stoffe's TSL patcher because the mod already requires several 2da edits and it installs all the mods files with just a couple mouse clicks. However I'm not going to make several versions of the installer as that would be overkill for a few minor mod varients, so those will have to be manually installed by the user.

Or he could make it the way he wants to and later after you download it you can get a Gff editor or kotor tool and edit Juhani's .utc file, which is probably how he's going to equip her, for your own personal use.

But that would be to easy for me and the everone else. :p jk so far the alternatives won't be that difficult to set up, although Bastila's Single saber is going to require quite a bit of work.

Well, if he makes it glow, he won't be able to make the metal shine.... Sabers are limited to one mesh, and because of that, one texture, and because of that, one shader.

Unless that is something different about K1 than TSL, I don't see that is a problem. My Heart of the Force Saber hilts both glow/pulse and shine. Click on the link in my signature to see the screenshots.

Also, Devon, IIRC, in one of the commentaries on the movies, I believe Lucas stated that red was specifically for the Sith. It might have been the Making of Star Wars in the Rereleased DVD Versions of the first three...Don't remember to well.

I don't mean to take T7's thread off topic, but I feel giving Juhani a blue lightsaber in the battle is just a bad idea for several reasons. First of all you can't really use Darth Vader in RotS as an example, because his lightsaber had to stay blue, or else when Obi-Wan gave it it to luke in the next movie, it would've been red. Major contuinity error.

As for red crystals being for the Sith only, the answer is a little yes and no. Supposedly red crystals are not naturally occuring, and that the Sith / Dark Jedi manufacture their own focusing crystals, which drives home the different philosphies of the Jedi being attuned with the Force, while the Sith try to exert their will over it. Some Sith Lords go so far as to actually enhance their lightsaber crystal with the Dark Side during their manufacture, which may account for why some believe that the red crystals are unique to the Sith.

And finally, Juhani weilding a red lightsaber is vital to the entire test. Consider that the Jedi masters intentionally didn't tell you everything about what you were going to face. All you know is that an evil presense is corrupting kath hounds, and you discover a dark Jedi that looks more like a monster than a woman, and to top it off she's weilding a red lightsaber.

The critical test of character that you face is whether you are going to follow your prejudice and believe her to be nothing more than the evil person she believes herself to be, or if your knowledge of the Jedi Code will allow you to see past her anger and pain to redeem her. Even though everyone by now already knows that Juhani can be saved, it's still important for symbolic reasons, if not pratical ones.

As for Sherruk, I believe someone already said it didn't make any sense that one of the trophy lightsabers would be red, since I doubt their are many dark Jedi on Dantooine, and that the reason is most likely to appease the dark side players in the game who want quick access to a red lightsaber, but are too lazy to go into the crystal cave. (Lazy dark siders, always taking the quicker, easier, more violent path. >.>) I think a good compromise would be to have Sherruk weild a blue and green lightsaber, and place a red crystal in his inventory.

T7, I love your idea about the origin of Juhani's lightsaber. Makes for some great background story and symbolism.

im late here but here it is:

your work is AWESOME, man!!! i love the hilts, the swords and rifles youve made, i wish i was half as good as you.

and BTW, Kavar:

i think Obi Wan would have taken the time to change the crystal if he was planning to give it to luke. just my thoughts.

and the devs made another 'mistake' with the darksiders other than the red lightsaber on sherruk. remember manaan? in the underwater research facility, youll se a corpse of a dark jedi. how did he get there?

Update

Here is Juhani's first saber:

Icon The icon for the red saber will be red instead of blue.

Lightsaber, all sides

Fantastic! Fantastic! I love it!! That's pretty awesome design on the side as well.

T7, couple questions:

How hard will it be to give Bastila her single saber? Any file editing? If so, that's going to suck because I'm absolutely horrid with file editting T^T

Secondly, will we have the option of having Juhani weild a blue instead of red saber?

How hard will it be to give Bastila her single saber? Any file editing?

Secondly, will we have the option of having Juhani weild a blue instead of red saber?

All you would have to do is install the mod and then copy the contents of the folder that I separate from the rest of the mod. SO if I can get Bastila's double to look good as a single, it will be in a folder called Bastila_singlesbr or something similar. The same will go for Juhani's alternate saber color. Which I already mentioned a few posts up that I would make a the blue an option.

I like how you put some small text on the bottom of the hilt... excellent detail

But what does it say ;)

But what does it say ;)

Thats easy!:

"HI, I'm T7nowhere"

"HI T7!"

"HI, everyone. Im T7nowhere and I am ... addicted to modding Knights of the Old Republic. Its been three hours since my last modding session but I can't get away from it. I keep posting on a web forum for others who are addicted to modding aswell. It's really hard to stop modding but hopefully with your 12 step program I will one day stop modding."

*crowd claps and smiles*

"Though I don't like your second step *Throw away your computer and live with the Amish* seems a bit extreme to me."

Am I slighty close here T7? :p

BOT: Nice looking saber.

I have a lightsaber that I made some six odd months ago. I never could get around to texturing it. I had imagine for TSL but I think they've got enough lightsabers to last a while. :p If/when I do finish it, I was imagining that this would be the saber you build on Dantooine. But I'm not that restrictive. Now, all I have to do is learn texturing...still. :p

Here's my design that I'd like to contribute.

lightsaber6ma.th.jpg

Archived