Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

I have a lightsaber that I made some six odd months ago. I never could get around to texturing it. I had imagine for TSL but I think they've got enough lightsabers to last a while. :p If/when I do finish it, I was imagining that this would be the saber you build on Dantooine. But I'm not that restrictive. Now, all I have to do is learn texturing...still. :p

Here's my design that I'd like to contribute.

~snip

It is a nice design, but I'm going to have to turn it down. As it is right now I have enough of my own models I have to skin. ;)

I do really appreciate the offer. Its a nice model and you should complete it yourself, if you need any assistance with any part of completeing it, feel free to post your questions in Holowan, whether it be about UVmapping, skinning, .uti creation, ect. You might be surprized just how quickly you can finnish it yourself. :)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is a nice design, but I'm going to have to turn it down. As it is right now I have enough of my own models I have to skin. ;)

I do really appreciate the offer. Its a nice model and you should complete it yourself, if you need any assistance with any part of completeing it, feel free to post your questions in Holowan, whether it be about UVmapping, skinning, .uti creation, ect. You might be surprized just how quickly you can finnish it yourself. :)

*cries*

That's ok. I figured out how to UVW map a saber, it was getting a texture slapped on it. I'll have to read more on that part. Thanks for having a look at it though.

This isn't completely related to the topic, T7, but it might be time to move this to the main part of Holowan. This is now more of a WIP thread than a mod request.

Actually ED, I thought this too, but when a request is made and a modder takes it up, the thread still belongs here. That is what this sub-forum is for. ;) -RH

^^^ I was about to move it a couple days ago, but the mod is still evolving and as RH said this is what this forum is for. ;)

I was going to wait until I finnished Sherrucks blaster rifle before posting these, but since I am posting, I may as well include the links to Sherruk's trophy sabers.

Trophy 1: Icon

Trophy 1 render

Trophy 2: Icon

Trophy 2 render

Simply amazing work T7 im really looking forward to this :sheepdanc

If you dont mind a few more ideas thrown at you, here is a couple.. heh

as was mentiond erlier you could make an item Glow?? i was playin thru Korraban erlier and was wondering if you could make the silver lined sword have this glow, kinda says it dose in the discription.....

also i was wandering if you were gonna add the crystals into the Shyrak cave like you guys didn in K2:USM... it would be a great add (not enugh places to get crystals imo, like K2)

as was mentiond erlier you could make an item Glow?? i was playin thru Korraban erlier and was wondering if you could make the silver lined sword have this glow, kinda says it dose in the discription.....

Is that one of the swords you get in Ajunta Pall's tomb? Either way its not a weapon that actually belongs to any NPC's in the game and I don't want to replace every single model in the game so I'm gonna pass on this suggestion, However feel free to post that as an mod request.

also i was wandering if you were gonna add the crystals into the Shyrak cave like you guys didn in K2:USM... it would be a great add (not enugh places to get crystals imo, like K2)

I was thinking about it, i will probably do it just to use KT's PWK editor.

Hey! That Jacen Solo saber is pretty neat indeed! I know you said that you have plenty of your own material to put into this mod T7, but this saber could be a nice trophy found on some villian's body jejeje, you know who I'm talking about isn't it? :p

Sorry if I'm pushy about this...

Anyhow, keep it up!

T7, I was wondering if maybe you could add one of these two sabers

The first one was just a pic I found online:lsduel:

lightsaber_kamin_blue_claw_01.jpg

Hey bolsen & T7 Just some FYI for that first pic.. the saber model is owned by:

Original Design by Greg Allen

Nebulous Designs

http://www.nebulousdesigns.com

I made this saber for TSL per request of Colma Adawin. I (Colma rather) had previously gotten permission from Greg to re-make his model playable in TSL, and he's a nice guy (his email is in the mod description at PCGM).

I'm sure he wouldn't mind a port to K1 (if you should decide to do it). If you do let me know and I can send you the MAX files for the model I made if you want to re-touch it :)

Screens of the models:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/Colma/

TSL Mod:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149788

Sorry for the "off-topic" but thought you should know that the model is actually owned by a 3rd party ;)

Hey bolsen & T7 Just some FYI for that first pic.. the saber model is owned by:

Original Design by Greg Allen

Nebulous Designs

http://www.nebulousdesigns.com

I made this saber for TSL per request of Colma Adawin.

Ah, I knew that I had seen that model somewhere before. But if no one minds I think I'll make my own saber designs. I only have 3 sabers left to make and I would like to let my imagination stretch its legs. ;)

Ah, I knew that I had seen that model somewhere before. But if no one minds I think I'll make my own saber designs. I only have 3 sabers left to make and I would like to let my imagination stretch its legs. ;)

Funny you should mention that, because I had one last suggestion (hopefully). I noticed in the first page you mentioned you planned on giving Yuthura her own unique lightsaber. Well once again I was working with her .utc files awhile ago when I noticed Yuthura carries a short lightsaber in her inventory, and as well she has all three stages of two-handed fighting. I think for whatever reason the AI is a little messed up, so that's why she never equips it. Perhaps you would be interested in restoring that and giving her a second unique lightsaber?

^^^ She does have a short and long in her inventory. I actually edited that scene in my very first mod to give Uthar a lightsaber I made, so I played it many times and I don't recall Yuthura ever pulling out a short lightsaber(but that was 2 years ago, so I might be mistaken :p)

@Master Kavar, I think the game is really wiggy when it comes to NPC's equiping 2 lightsabers. I had alot of problems equiping 2 lightsabers on Kavar in USM and for some reason it was the uti's that prevented the left hand saber from equiping so I had make a special uti just for that hilt.

I have also seen npc's have difficulty equiping weapons from their invetory when a fight starts, sometimes they would pull it out right away while other times they would fight hand to hand for a couple rounds then pull out their weapon. Equiping the weapons you want the npc to use before the fight starts is the best way, but you still need to make sure they have the feats. ;)

As for making Yuthera a short saber, hmm... do you want to see this mod finnished this year. :p jk. I'll think about it, funny thing is I have never made a short saber, I prefer the long ones, so if I do make her two It would be a normal long saber.

Edit: btw, What would you guys prefer for Uthar a normal long saber or Double bladed saber. He is equiped with a double.

As for making Yuthera a short saber, hmm... do you want to see this mod finnished this year. :p jk. I'll think about it, funny thing is I have never made a short saber, I prefer the long ones, so if I do make her two It would be a normal long saber.

It's just a thought of course, and since most people think of Yuthura as being set with a single saber already I wouldn't want you to hold up your entire project for one detail. But Yuthura with twin blades like Kavar would be smexy.

Edit: btw, What would you guys prefer for Uthar a normal long saber or Double bladed saber. He is equiped with a double.

I vote for keeping it a double-blade. A lightsaber is a reflection of the weilders personality and identity, and since his master also used one it makes sense to me.

I personally prefer it when a player uses two regular size lightsabers. I'm not into short lightsabers. I prefer to throw them out personally unless they are for someone of Master Vandar's size. I was glad to see Kavar use two regular lightsabers in the USM for TSL.

btw, What would you guys prefer for Uthar a normal long saber or Double bladed saber. He is equiped with a double.

I'm for a double-blade.

^^^ She does have a short and long in her inventory. I actually edited that scene in my very first mod to give Uthar a lightsaber I made, so I played it many times and I don't recall Yuthura ever pulling out a short lightsaber(but that was 2 years ago, so I might be mistaken :p)

I just opened up an old savegame from just before the battle with them. Yuthura pulled out a short saber to do battle with. Funny, I didn't remember it either, but then again, I didn't remember Uthar weilding a double blade.

Some supreme work going on there T7! Your talent's know no limits.

With the unique sabers, will it be the main colour crystal affecting the lightsaber skin? As in the USM for KoToR2. I ask only because I was wondering if it was possible to have one of the upgrade crystals change the saber model.

If it is possible that leads onto another question but I'll wait for that to be answered first! :)

I just opened up an old savegame from just before the battle with them. Yuthura pulled out a short saber to do battle with. Funny, I didn't remember it either, but then again, I didn't remember Uthar weilding a double blade.

Thats something I'll have to fix then, thanks for looking into that.

With the unique sabers, will it be the main colour crystal affecting the lightsaber skin? As in the USM for KoToR2. I ask only because I was wondering if it was possible to have one of the upgrade crystals change the saber model.

The color crystal determines the model used. The upgrade crystals only refer to an icon and tell the saber which properties to unlock in the saber uti. The game just isn't programed to make a upgrade crystal show a model in-game.

Archived