Home

What do you use for E-mail?

REDJOHNNYMIKE

I guess I'll try the GMAIL then, what's an invite, is it a private club or something?

edit: Forgot, Since I don't email much, is 5ish MB to much to send someone if I don't know their connection speed, or should attachments always be .zip-ped?

I would .zip them no matter what.... (wether it needs to be compressed or not)..

Alot of SPAM filters will automatically kill a message if it doesn't recognize the file format. .zip is a universally known format and is usually accepted as a valid file attachment :)

My oldest existing addy is Hotmail, which I use only for the Messenger.

My second is at Yahoo! which I made before GMail.

Once I found a secret method to get a Gmail account, I did it and now I use my Gmail for almost everything...

Muhahaha...

PS: I have 100 Invites. LMK if anyones wants them.

I guess I'll try the GMAIL then, what's an invite, is it a private club or something?
When Gmail was first introduced.. they sent out "invitations" to select ppl. Those members were given additional invites that they could send to Friends/Family etc. and from there it was a chain reaction :D

That used to be the only way to get an account since it was (maybe still is) a Beta program...

You can also get an invitation via text message (cell phone.. duh) here:

https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1

:D

haha! This is the email equivalent of What Browser Do You Use? I wonder if we'll get into the whole: 'Vlada why do you use Outlook when Thunderbird is so much better?' hehehe....

I dont know about about Vlada but Outlook 2003 is awesomez IIRC...it updates my contacts, calendar notes etc from work/home onto my mobile phone and work pda automagically via bluetooth/wi-fi... I dont even have to prompt it to do so :)

mtfbwya

Well I got the G working (thx Spinkle!!!) but I still have trouble with attachments...

.rar doesn't work at all, and .zip is either locking up or taking a half hour to send.

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem?

How big is the file? Most e-mail servers limit the file size.. those that don't have a seperate upload/send bit rate than what you're used to downloading and browsing at.

If it does actually send, and the file is large.. it'll take awhile ;)

It's actually about 2 1/2 MB .zipped

I was actually able to send a couple, but ED said his link to a download was greyed out.

I even tried sending just the readme, in .txt unzipped form, and I got the same error message that I did when I tried to use .rar.

Maybe his outlook and my gmail don't like each other?

I have quite a few addresses, but ever since my friend invited me to Gmail a year ago it's all I use. Definitely the best I've come across. I think it might be out of beta testing, so it might be open to the public by now. If it isn't, wait until it is. It's great.

Hey RJM,

If you're still having problems.. one thing I might suggest would be to sign up for some free web storage, then upload your files to their server. You can then email a download link to whomever you need to share your files with.

I tend to do this alot rather than "hoping" someone got my attachment :)

We have a long list of Free Hosting Sites you could try, one of those may be suitable for your needs :)

Wow thanks Chainz:thumbup1: I don't think I've ever noticed that thread, you learn something new every day, even when your as ejucadid as I am;)

There's quite a bit listed there, what would be the best to use if I only needed enough downloads for beta testers (<10)

I've tried breaking it down into smaller files, unfortunately the reference pics don't get smaller:( Should I have any trouble trying to PM them?

Archived