Home

Mercenary Crew: Age of the Empire: Discussion and Recruitment thread

starmark2k

The Timeline as far as i know it

59 BBY- Jack Goren Is born on ??? (i think it was Naboo).

44 BBY- Nic White is born on Naboo. Beryl Quitaan was born on Corellia.

42 BBY- Jana Vincent is born on Corellia.

38 BBY- Oliver Van Impe was born on Dantooine.

33 BBY- Ryshana Oliaya was born on ???.

32 BBY- The Trade Federation Blockade Naboo and the Sith reveal themselves to the jedi for the first time in many years. (ep1:TPM)

30 BBY- Cloud Strife Was Born on Alderaan.

26 BBY- Nic White joins the Naboo Security Force.

22 BBY- The Clone War begins. (ep2:AOTC)

19 BBY- The Clone War ends and the Republic becomes the Empire, The Jedi are all but Destroyed. (ep3:ROTS) Nic White leave Naboo to become a mercenary, He joins a small team.

18 BBY- Nic White becomes a Freelance Mercenary.

16 BBY- Nic White and Jana Vincent meet in a bar fight.

14 BBY- Nic White Wins the Echo. Jana Vincent Joins the crew as the First-Mate and Turret Gunner.

10 BBY- THE RP. Now.

00 BBY- Alderaan is destroyed by the Death Star. The Death Star is Destroyed in the Battle of Yavin. (ep4: ANH)

BBY= Before Battle of Yavin (Episode IV: A New Hope)

Ok now ive given you the Dates of your birth for each character acording to your chars age and of the major events in between then and 'now' (with the addition of yavin so you know exactly when it's based), Also i added all of my chars events.

Now I need your Timelines, if you notice that your D.O.B does not fit in with the rest of the events i.e you were only 10 when the clone war begin (stingerhs) now is the time to change it, But make sure you inform me. Also give me any major events in your life like when you left your homeworld. Or somthing major in your bio happens. I also need your join date just make sure its between Nic winning the ship and 'now.'

Thanks all and i hope what i've already done helps.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might mention in the timeline that Jana works with Nic repeatedly between the time they meet and the time he wins the ship. After all, in my profile, I mentioned it and also mentioned that Jana watched (and we might assume part of her money was at stake too... seeng how high the betting went) as Nic won the ship.

59 BBY-Jack Goren was born on Naboo

39 BBY-Jack joined the Naboo Space Security

32 BYY-Battle of Naboo

31 BYY-Jack Goren was offically declare a missing person

11 BYY-The Echo's orginall pilot was murdered.

10 BYY-Goren returned the galaxy and saved Jack's Life

10 BYY-Goren joined the crew

I've added stevens although i've decided the RP will begin at the year Beginning so i changed the 10 BBY Dates to 11 BBY I hope this is fine.

I added a bit on to the Timeline about Nic and Jana, I hope this is fine with you wildjedi.

I'm only editing the timeline on the first post.

ahh, i was assuming this one would be much closer to the end of RotS than this. okay, i'll adjust Shana's age to reflect this. her age should now be about Nic's age since Shana would have been about 20-22 at the very start of the Clone Wars. i'll make it.... 34. ;)

and she would have been born on the twi'lek homeworld: Ryloth. ;)

well, a little bit can be added in, since some of this would be available in public databases or historical records. this should be about all you need. ;)

21 BBY- Ryshana Knighted by the Jedi

23 BBY- Ryshana given the rank of General and given command of a platoon of Commandos

@stringerhs- I added your bits although i swapped the dates around as the dates go in desending order as time moves forward.

@XoRRoX- O.k thats our characters relation ship sorted.

@All- so you know, here's how i see my chars relationship with all of yours this is based on your bios and other posts, Some things i made up to add more interest in it, this is can all change it's just a 'so far' post

Jana is the only person who nic would trust with his life, They have been friends for around seven years and fought many battles including several bar room brawl.

Jack Goren isn't an easy person to get on with, Nic can't say he partically likes him nor can he say he partically hates him, Nic dosen't like owing people favors so after Jack saved nics life he saw the best way to repay him was to give his a job. Nic does respect the old Pilot for his skills as a pilot, He keeps the ship moving and thats the most important thing.

Oliver Van Impe would not have been Nics first choice for a healer, but With the lack of options for medics to mercenaries he took him on. Nic saw a lonly and sad man in his new medic and found himself pitying Impe.

Cloud Strife is a brilliant enginneer, Perhaps the best, although Nic would never tell him as much. Nic and cloud have the classic captain/engineer relationship, Cloud needs good parts to work, Nic dosen't buy them.

Beryl Quitaan is a gambler and fighter pilot, Whats not to like. Nic spends alot of free time playing sabacc and pazzack in the common room together, They also gamble on what is often considered by others as 'foolish' things such as who can kill the most badguys, Turrets or fighters.

Nic beleives the jedi are fools, The way Nic sees it they could have prevented all of the tyranny that now rules the galaxy.

Jana-hardly knows. Doesnt talk to her

Nick-usually follows orders to the letter and knows that Nick doesnt like the fact he owes Jack.

Oliver-hardly knows. He doesn't often go to the infirmary on his own concent. He doesn't like being treating his injuries, he either heals them himself or leave them there

Cloud- hardly knows but he does release his skills in engineer and respects him for that.

Beryl- like the rest of the crew he hardly knows.Though she often teases him

I suggest we all post what our characters think of the others... it'll give us a bit of a look into how they might react to one another and, overall, get a better feel for each others' characters.

Jana trusts Nic as much as he trusts her. If she has a problem with one of their jobs, she'll tell him. She feels comfortable telling him anything that's on her mind. They know each other very well.

Jack Goren doesn't talk much. Jana respects his skills as a pilot, but as second in command, she's annoyed by his lack of communication. Because of it, she occasionally jokes to Nic about their pilot's 'excellent people skills' and suggests he might need to go back to school for a communication class.

Oliver Van Impe patches up the crew, a task Jana finds incredibly helpful from time to time. She's been known to take chances she shouldn't and has learned to respect Impe's skills. She also pities Impe's lonliness.

Jana appreciates Cloud Strife's ability to keep the Echo running, if given the proper parts. When the captain doesn't buy the parts Cloud needs, he goes to the second in command, Jana, putting her in a tough place. She wants the ship to run smoothly, but she would hate to contradict Nic. She usually tells him, "Were I in charge, you'd get your parts. But I'm not. So don't ask."

When it comes to Beryl Quitaan, Jana has mixed feelings. On the one hand, Beryl's a great fighter pilot. She's very helpful when it comes to sticky situations the crew of the Echo might face. On the other hand, Beryl seems to bring out a foolish side of Nic. Though Jana never forgets that gambling was what got them the ship, she can't help but wish, Beryl was a little less of a risk-taker.

Jana isn't quite so strong in her dislike of Jedi as Nic is. She too believes that the Jedi could've halted the Empire's ascent if they'd focused more on what was going on around them. As a child, Jana idolized the Jedi. Now, their reputation has taken a devastating hit. In Jana's opinion, it'll take a lot for them to redeem themselves... but she doubts it'll ever happen.

Ok Starmark, here are my contributions to the timeline. Let me know if there are any glaring errors! :)

31BBY Beryl attends the TCTA (Talus Combat Training Academy) in the Corellian system.

27BBY Quitaan Scholarship Fund established and a new TCTA flight control tower is built by Rade Quitaan of the CEC (Corellian Engineering Corp.) to replace the one that was irreparably damaged by an over zealous female student pilot doing a hot-shot flyby and blowing out the windows (oops... :) )

24BBY Beryl (along with her twin brothers Telk & Teser) becomes a test pilot for CEC rival Incom-Subpro (before its merger into Incom Corp.) for the Z-95 series fighters where she earns nickname of Psycho.

22BBY Clone wars. Beryl's brothers (Rayne and Nuss) join up w/Republic forces.

19BBY Beginning of Empire. Beryl is fired with the creation of Incom Corp. due to the availability of less expensive clone test pilots from the Empire.

18BBY Beryl begins working under father Rade as CEC test pilot for new CR-90 Corvette series cruisers.

15BBY Beryl's brothers (Syruss and Rel and Joshi) join Rebellion. Beryl becomes a blockade runner. Her father, Rade Quitaan, dies (of natural causes.)

11BBY Blockade running ship Beryl was piloting is impounded by Empire. She escapes and wins passage (and a new job) on the Echo by beating Nic White at Pazaak (and, as she keeps insisting to Nic, no, she didn’t cheat!)

If this is too detailed, feel free to edit!

Good JasraLantill, i added what i felt were the most relivant for us all to know, This mainly ment removing the bits about your brothers and the (Brackets). I hope this is fine by you.

And it would be nice to do as wildjedi has said and all give our opinions on other characters from our chars P.O.V. Remember as nothing is set in stone let everything can change.

Also timelines looking good so if anyone wants to add somthing just let me know...

Thanks... I think if you're going to do somthing you might as well do as well as you can. This whole thread is so we are reading from the same page, I can't count the number of times i've been in a thread and people had differant opinions on the time it was set and how well everyone knew eachother. This was the main reason why i think the second chaptor of the original merc crew failed as no one really knew what to say cos people thought 'i can't ask that as my character would already know the answer' (well i found myself thinking that.)

And it would be nice to do as wildjedi has said and all give our opinions on other characters from our chars P.O.V. Remember as nothing is set in stone let everything can change.

Here’s what Beryl (Psycho) thinks of everyone…in her own words. (oh dear, oh dear, oh dear…)

“What do I think of Captain Nic White? I like Nic. He reminds me of my brother Rayne—did I mention that I have seven brothers? Good. Anyway, Nic’s a good guy—he likes a good joke, likes a good fight, likes to have a drink while he’s losing a few credits…. Just kidding. He’s not a bad card player, although his right eyebrow twitches when he has a good hand. Oh, erm, don’t tell him I said that, will ‘ya? I’m still down 50 credits on our last game. Yup, Nic likes a little competition now and then. Oh, and by the way, if he ever mentions my name and Imperial fighters in the same breath, the totals are 56 to 54 in my favour. Just, to set the record straight, mind you. But Nic’s a good captain. I respect him. I do. Sure he can be stubborn when he wants to, but most of the time he’s got his priorities set straight. And if he doesn’t, Jana sets him right!

Jana? Oh, she’s the first mate. She’s known Nic a long time. They’re really close friends. *a pause* Hey! Don’t look at me like that. I’m not one to poke my nose into other people’s business. Of course, Jana does give me that ‘look’ once in a while, especially when Nic and I spar in the common room. You know…that ‘look’ your mom gives you when you’ve just caused her favourite vase to teeter dangerously on the mantlepiece when you and your brothers are battling each other with mop handles for swords in the living room. Yeah. That look. But don’t get me wrong. I like Jana. In fact, if it weren’t for her, lots of stuff wouldn’t get done on the Echo. *rolls her eyes* No, I don’t mean stuff like the washing up! We have a rota for that. One that Jana set up, mind you. It’s stuff like that, I mean. Getting parts, supplies, ammo…if it wasn’t for Jana, we’d be in a right mess.

Oh, speaking of messes, if you’re ever in need of patching up, then see Impe. He’s kind of quiet, but he’s got the touch when it comes to healing. See that? That. Right there, above my wrist. Twenty-one stitches, and I didn’t even feel it. No, I’m not kidding. Barely even a scar. Now that’s skill for you. What? Where’s he from? Dantooine, I think. *an amused snort* You know, the amount of time I spend getting patched up by him, you would think I would know more about his background! I’ll have to put that on my to-do list.

Oh! That reminds me! I was supposed to help Cloud with calibrating that manifold coupling. *rolls her eyes* Well, of course I know how to do it! Sith’s blood, my dad was a CEC chief engineer. I practically grew up inside a hyperdrive engine. Me? An engineer? *laughs* Ha! Do I look like an engineer? *shakes head* No. I don’t. Besides, I don’t have the patience for it. *indignant scowl* Yeah, so? I know Cloud’s young, but he’s got this special way of thinking…like he’s playing Dejarik, but with parts, you know. Always thinking one step ahead. Heck, if he didn’t, this ship wouldn’t be in half as good of shape as she is! He’s a great engineer. And, he’s easy on the eyes,… *clears throat* Erm…, not that I’m looking, mind. I mean, like you said, he’s just a kid, right? I mean, I was flying ships before he was even knee high.

What? Why am I not the pilot? Because we already have one. Didn’t you notice that sour-faced curmudgeon in the cockpit? Aw, he’s not that bad, really. Suppose some people would think he’s a bit… well, abrasive, for lack of a better word. But he’s okay. Good pilot, too. And tough as nails. Eats them for breakfast, or so I’ve been led to believe. Yup, Jack’s the strong and silent type. His Basic vocabulary might be lacking, but he’s got an entire repertoire of grunts, growls, and groans that would make a Wookiee envious. Think I’ve figured most of them out though. *frowns* Well, there is that one he makes that I’m not real sure of. Could mean either ‘I totally agree with you one hundred percent’ or ‘get out of my face you psychotic shutta.’ I haven’t quite had enough experience with that one to put it in the correct context.

Is that it? Great. Say, would you hand me that Telescoping Vibra Joiner before you go? Thanks. What was that? *grins* Ha! Not if I see you first."

and so you can get some very brief backround on Ryshana, i'll go ahead and give you guys the cover story that Ryshana's been using for about 3 years (till the start of the RP).

Ryshana has been working as a legitimate cargo transport engineer (as in not involved in smuggling) for the past three years. However, the captain of the frieghter decided that he needed extra credits and was going to start smuggling spice for one of the Hutts. Unaware that an Imperial operative was infiltrating the frieghter, the frieghter was captured by an Imperial Interdictor and impounded for smuggling on its first mission. Using a very clever technique, Ryshana was able to escape completely undetected after being imprisoned for conspiracy.

Aw, geez... Jasra, your post had me laughing practically the entire way through! That was great! It sorta portrays Nic and Jana as 'Dad and Mom' of the Echo and the crew... I like it lots! Especially the part about the 'look'... that was great! Sounds just like something Jana would do! :)

@JasraLantill- I agree With Wildjedi, You seem to have captured the characters in a nice and comical way, I think you have worked out the relationship between Nic and Jana really well.

@ All- I'm still waiting on timelines from XoRRoX and Extreamjedi12. If it's not to much to ask can you two have joined the crew between the years of 14 BBY and 12 BBY, As those years are the times you would likly be recruited. Also Wildjedi can i have a couple of entries in the timeline for Jana as we only have ones which relate too Nic.

Also Just to let you know we will start the RP on a commercial space-station after bringing smuggled goods to it.

This is good work all and it looks like we will manage to start this friday or saturday if all are happy.

Thanks

Archived