Home

Do you want KOTOR 3 to be a longer game?

RobQel-Droma

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id just like to add that the next kotor will definetly, without a doubt, contain dantooine , thats where the new jedi order is going to be setup, SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!

Corascant would only realy work, if you had some kind of mofia or if they let you get into politics. Getting involved in dirty politics would be a good sub plot for corascant, as the dark side of course, but you could still be involved in "clean" politics as the light side. Although this is a scary idea because LA would probably include there own political values in the game, which would piss people off.

Mustafar, you will probably go to because of the HK-47 plot, but i cant see anything you could realy do there, unless it is a hide out for the true sith, which is a possiblity.

I think they should also include more then one port in a system. Like an orbital space station or small moon. This would be a cool touch and would give you a reason to explore some.

There should also be more side quest for travel. Such as smuggling missions, bounty hunting, scouting, and legal cargo. A great deal of missions should be inter system or at the very least, inter planetary. This would be realy fun, give you alot of excusses to use your ship,actualy fly your ship (hopefully), and would greatly lengthen the game.

Planetary main quests should have more to them and should involve other planets. This would make planets take longer, adding to the length of the game.

The AI of the common NPC should be alot better. They should have there own homes, they should sleep, eat and entertain when they want. They should also have alot more diolouge options. They should have a like/dislike meter and you should be able to make ally and enemys among the populace. This would give you a chance to inter mingle with the populace and would add to the general length of the game.

Planets should have there own economy and prices should vary between shops, this would give the player a chance to spend some time trading. There should also be a trade/commerce skill that you can increase and more reasons to use money, so you actualy need it.

Heh. They'd have to make the Jedi inexplicably come back and thrive again. But what fun would there be in that? Either you help restore the Jedi or you just crush them again. Sounds like K1 and K2 combined...

I never mentioned Jedi. Who knows what has happened to the temple since the Jedi were slaughtered? That place just looks cool and could be explored. I only said about the temple cos' I rather be at that one than the dantooine one again. Bastilla could coincedentally be visiting there for some reason too. And interesting plot points could be discovered in the achieves or survailence...

Mustafar, you will probably go to because of the HK-47 plot, but i cant see anything you could realy do there, unless it is a hide out for the true sith, which is a possiblity.

I dunno why, but I always thought it could be home to a cool new crystal cave. Maybe just because I really don't want ot see dantooine again.

I havn't read the whole thread (there are a lot of posts) so excuse me if I'm repeating what someone else has already posted... But.

If the game is the regular 30-50hr formula I'd like to see some kind of reward for replaying it. Or some extra quest (not just LS vs. DS) thingy perhaps. Hell, even just some extra costume for the PC would be nice (like you got in Metal Gear Solid on PS if you played it a third time).

i wish they will put more time in the stablility of the game not like kotor 2 whos so unstable .

kotor 1 was alright , but kotor 2 is a mess keep crashing , plenty of bugs . and horrible frame rate , i have more frame rate playing oblivion that kotor 2.

I already said some time ago that KOTOR 3 should definitely be longer, what I want to say now is - I just don't unnderstand why everyone is so convinced that the Jedi were exterminated in TSL, that is not true. Just because the academy on Dantooine is destroyed and those four masters (counting Atris) dead doesn't mean the entire order is destroyed. There are a lot of them who are in hiding, the Jedi Masters said so themselves. This is why I'm representing a completely different view of KoTOR 3, I'm expecting to see the renewed Jedi Order in their temple on Coruscant, lead most likely by Bastila and a few other Jedi party members from the previous two games. In this version of events your task will be to find the True Sith, either because you're in the role of Revan again (I hope this will be the case), or because you are a new character looking for Revan, or the Ebon Hawk for some reason.

Yes, definitely longer, just so long as it's good. I don't think anybody wants a bunch of "fluff n stuff" as chainz puts it. I mean, I'd rather have a short storyline that's pure gold than a really long one with lots of filler.

You know, third time's the charm, maybe we get another planet in K3! :)

And yes, the game should be just a tad longer, maybe with more playable areas, i don't know....we'll see though, when the time comes!

• 4 weeks later...
Basically, how long do you want KOTOR 3 to be? Do you want it to be the same format and length as the other two (around 7 planets), or do you want it to be a lot longer since it is the end of the trilogy?

What do you mean the end of the trilogy? The thing is how do you know is going to be a trilogy why not a quad or maybe just 2 becasue it gave you answers on 2 i think they have finshed the Kotor games anyways i wish they havntt but the truth is there is no flipping turth of a Kotor 3

It seems like there's always another planet planned, and then cut. It's practically like a ritual. So, what I want is no planets cut (which would subsequently make the game longer). That, and perhaps a more in-depth end sequence. Both with KotOR I and II the final level has just been hack and slash. So maybe 45-55 hours total?

The downside to having a longer game is that it takes longer to make. I don't think a KotOR sequel coming out in 2008, 2009 would be appealing to anyone.

It seems like there's always another planet planned, and then cut. It's practically like a ritual. So, what I want is no planets cut (which would subsequently make the game longer). That, and perhaps a more in-depth end sequence. Both with KotOR I and II the final level has just been hack and slash. So maybe 45-55 hours total?

The downside to having a longer game is that it takes longer to make. I don't think a KotOR sequel coming out in 2008, 2009 would be appealing to anyone.

Yeah, 2008 would be a bit much. But hey, I'd take a 2008 release with a good ending over a 2007 release with an ending like TSL =\

I think kotor 3 should be longer plus i also think that reven should return from beyond the outer rim . After all it was reven who started it all so maybe he should return to finish it ( with new items and powers ofcourse ) learned from the true sith masters as he killed them all with the exile. It would answer alot of unanswered questions

Archived