Home

Taris help

Darth_Malak02

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, for me, I enjoy playing Taris. Here's one of my big reasons...

It shows me that Revan can get the job done without using the Force, and that there is more to Revan than his/her ability to use the Force and a lightsaber.

• 2 months later...

i liked taris and for slaughtering the rakgols they have to be my favouite and killing off bendik starkiller thats a great fight and pretty much for me its fighting killing more fighting they run off bit more killing

all you lot is lucky you dont have to worry about them not running but then again come to think of it EVERYTHING RUNS off when they see me or worse they fart then run off in a battle once as i rember i had one of my mates with me then the villan in this case iraqi or japs take one look at me then run after my mate but i was sort of carrying a b5 anti tank gun then we went to sneak up on some vc and they were hideing one farted so you all can probley guess what happend

• 5 weeks later...

IMO Taris sucks. I hate this level. I am playing it the second time and I think it is worse than the first time. Very strange. My char is a strong soldier at level 4 by now. But I am fighting with the long sword and get beaten so badly by the monsters etc. What's wrong. Maybe I have chosen the wrong skills this time. Are you using the sword or the blasters to kill all enemies off? I replayed the level several times to get the best results, but in the meantime I am fed up.

Well, Venom, that really sounds weird to me. I have no problems with that.

Does anyone of you have some hints for best skilling the char? Would really appreciate you help.

dude, u shud use dexterity, then use blasters to get through taris. the dex gives good saves and good blaster use, then, once u get ur lightsaber, the game will use either dex or strength, which ever is stronger, to determine damage. i actually dont put any point into strength at creation.

had a spoiler, but i decided i didnt want to ruin it.

If you want to be a strong Jedi, stay at level two non-Jedi. Then you get to level 18 Jedi.

Isn't that extremly hard ?? Have anyone here done it :o

:p

My character is lvl 9 soldier an lvl 11 consular. And i think thats the main reason - that i cant defeat Malak

So i have started a new one and I only managed lvl 5 ... Not lesser :p

Isn't that extremly hard ?? Have anyone here done it :o

:p

*Raises hand...*

Every time I play KotOR... ;)

Also I noticed that if you cross classes like Soldier/Consular or Scourndrel/Guardian it actually creates a weaker character.

To max out things with your characters you should stick with symbiotic classes;

• Soldier/Guardian
  • Scout/Sentinel
  • Scoundrel/Consular

This way the 2 classes merge together as the Jedi class is an extension of the Non-Jedi class...

Just my 2 cents! :D

soo : I fyou want to leave Taris as a level 2 / 3 something, you simply have to do as few quests and talk to as few people you manage ? And even make your main character to not attack ??

*Raises hand...*

Every time I play KotOR... ;)

I actually stopped doing this after discovering the padawan mod. It's actually not too hard to do LS. DS is a pain, mostly because of the boss fight with the Hidden Bek guy (I can't believe I forgot his name. Has it been that long?)

Also I noticed that if you cross classes like Soldier/Consular or Scourndrel/Guardian it actually creates a weaker character.

QFE.

"Gee, what's the best way to completely negate class bonuses?"

I actually stopped doing this after discovering the padawan mod. It's actually not too hard to do LS. DS is a pain, mostly because of the boss fight with the Hidden Bek guy (I can't believe I forgot his name. Has it been that long?)

I think it has, I can't remember his name either! :(

Though I can't bring myself to try a Padawan Mod, I just like having Taris be a Jedi-free zone. Of course if I took my l33t heavy blaster aresenal away that might change... hmm.

In a computer game magazine I have read that the class soldier and consular should be the best to complete the game.

Please give me the writers address so I can go and school him on RPG's, Jay and Silent Bob style! :xp:

dude, u shud use dexterity, then use blasters to get through taris. the dex gives good saves and good blaster use, then, once u get ur lightsaber, the game will use either dex or strength, which ever is stronger, to determine damage. i actually dont put any point into strength at creation.

had a spoiler, but i decided i didnt want to ruin it.

This guy is using Meelee Weaponry so Putting strength in the Character isn't a waste it gives you more power during Meelee Combat. Strength for power behind your attack and Dexterity makes it harder for your enemy to hit you so Dexterity for Defense. So he should put Strength and Dex first then everything else.

i no that, im saying scrap the melee weapons, use blasters for taris. that way u get all the points ud put toward strength for other stuff. dex is better because not only does it help def, it gives combat damage for lightsabers. therefore, its more efficient to sacrifice melee weapon use on taris for better attribute allotment, and a better jedi later on.

soo : I fyou want to leave Taris as a level 2 / 3 something, you simply have to do as few quests and talk to as few people you manage ? And even make your main character to not attack ??

The easy way I have found to do it is to make Big Z your meat shield, Mission or Carth Pistols and you as the Grenadier.

I think it has, I can't remember his name either! :(

Neither could I, so I looked up the name (Brejik) on Gamebanshee. :o

I cheated and played with Achilles Padawan Mod :D

I prefer

Roleplay Padawan Mod

Arátoeldar, please don't triple post, I have combined your posts for you this time, please use the 'edit this' post feature to add content to your previous post, and copy and paste the seperate quotes into that. Thanks. ;) -RH

No, you can still do all the quests and keep your xp points for later. Just don't use the level up screen.

doh ! I forgot that !

I tried that and now im on Dantooine as a lvl 2 scoundrel and lvl 7 jedi consular ^^

yay

Archived