Home

Patience...

mjpb3

Ok, I have held my tongue for a while now, and I am in no way what-so-ever blaming

anyone on LF specifically, because I have been to other sites where others are

doing the same thing, but here's my plee to all who want a Kotor 3 game...

BE PATIENT.

Seriously, I remember when K2 was in the works and everyone was clamoring for a

follow-up to Kotor because they loved K1 so much that no one could wait for K2.

(Which I am guilty of doing myself, but I learned my lesson :))

The boards all over the internet were filled with 'when's K2 coming out? I want it NOW!'

And look how it got rushed. And it is a sadly lacking game because of it.

I understand everyone's love for K1 and K2, but please everyone, patience really is a virtue.

Let's put it this way, would you rather have a good game made fast...

Or...

Would you rather have an EXCELLENT game that may have taken

a while to get, but was well worth the wait?

(I just don't want to see another K2 fiasco, especially if

the third installment were to be the final chapter to Revan's

story, because I want to see how it plays out for Revan...)

You may have a point there and I think I speak for all the KoTOR fans if I say that we do want an excellent game (excellent story most of all) and you are right when you say that we shouldn't repeat the ''When's KoTOR 3 coming out?'' question so much, but I don't think that we should stop discussing what we would like to see in KoTOR 3. I think that some of our suggestions and polls can help the programmers make a better game that will fulfill most of the fans' expectations.

Ok, I have held my tongue for a while now, and I am in no way what-so-ever blaming

anyone on LF specifically, because I have been to other sites where others are

doing the same thing, but here's my plee to all who want a Kotor 3 game...

BE PATIENT.

Seriously, I remember when K2 was in the works and everyone was clamoring for a

follow-up to Kotor because they loved K1 so much that no one could wait for K2.

(Which I am guilty of doing myself, but I learned my lesson :))

The boards all over the internet were filled with 'when's K2 coming out? I want it NOW!'

And look how it got rushed. And it is a sadly lacking game because of it.

I understand everyone's love for K1 and K2, but please everyone, patience really is a virtue.

Let's put it this way, would you rather have a good game made fast...

Or...

Would you rather have an EXCELLENT game that may have taken

a while to get, but was well worth the wait?

(I just don't want to see another K2 fiasco, especially if

the third installment were to be the final chapter to Revan's

story, because I want to see how it plays out for Revan...)

Very well said...

I think sometimes I personally get too eager, and then I fall apart under being excited...

I will gladly wait for an announcement by lucasarts but I am losing my very sanity through one pore at a time. I don't care if Kotor 3 comes out in 2008, but this waiting and more waiting threatens to break me. I want the assurance now and the game well done. We can't have everything, eh?

@mjpb3, I don't read all the specualtion threads and don't know who complains, but I've always wanted an extended development schedule (Half Life 2, nuff said), and if they actually do finish the game early then I wish they'd spend some time on the mod tool love (all due props to the gang though;))

If the people involved in development or management actually read posts on this forum, then whining about a game you want when you want is just discouraging to anyone who's stressed out from poring over code or writing dialog all day, ultimately affecting the quality of their work.

So if they do follow some of the forums then whining about the game, and all non-constructive criticism, is self-defeating, while all constructive debate, analysis, and imagination could well prove encouraging and motivating.

And if they don't follow it then it's all a moo point (like a cow's opinion;)) and for our benefit only.

I want KOTOR 3 to be the best of the entire series, which will be impossible I know cause KOTOR1 is so good, but I really feel like it could be if they take their time on it. Better storyline (all have been great so far - but can be even better), and most importantly LONGER. The games are already pretty long but come on, take advantage of the DVD format! These days most games are coming out in DVD format.. I would love it if there were twice as many planets to go to this time around, or if the areas were just bigger.

I think your right, I was getting a little caught up in the hype of hearing about K3 but now I'm ok with that and thought of something kinda ligoical. Well, KOTOR came in uhh November I think of 2003 and KOTOR 2 came out sometime in February of 2005 so my guess is that maybe KOTOR 3 will come out sometime in 2007, sometime in May but who knows, not I. This is only my assumption but bah! Or maybe I'm dead on, can't tell, it would be good timing though for people to be aware of star wars or to get people's attention since the mini-series of star wars is suppose to start sometime 2007 or 2008, so I guess we'll wait and see.

I think the first post in this thread is fundamentally flawed. No disrespect, but our BS back and forth on a message board did not rush KOTOR 2. Obsidian/LucasArts' desire to have the game released for the Christmas '04 season was what rushed the game.

They had 2 options. Option 1: Complete the game, release it in February '05, sell 'X' amount of product. Option 2: Nearly complete the game, patch up the end a little bit, & ship to stores in November of '04, sell 3 times the original 'X' amount. If you don't believe me that the christmas season makes a difference, try buying a game at Gamestop or EB games in December. You'll be waiting in a line of 20-30 people all day.

As a business, they made the right decision. Our wants and desires on a message board were not part of the equation. As fans, we got screwed a little, but KOTOR 2 was still a freaking awesome game, even with it's flaws. It's too bad they didn't release a patch a few months down the road with some fixes for the final level of the game, and it's too bad many of the levels look drab and monotonous (think of all the damn tunnels in the game).

When I first heard they were going to try to have KOTOR 3 ready for Christmas this year, that made me nervous again. I think it'll be a rushed product again, because they try to pack too much into the game in too short a period of time. Hopefully it's on par with the original KOTOR, which was maybe the best game I've ever played.

You are absolutely right.

If it's going to come out at all, I'd rather it be done well and a little late then rushed to us and have us dissappointed. (again)

Guess I'll go play Jade Empire again to take my mind off of it.

(you can only slap Malak, Sion, Nihilus, and Kreia around for so long)

It would be nice if they gave us a tidbit or something though.

Maybe no one *is* working on it.

Can't bear to believe that.

Archived