Home

New Weapons/Feats/Armour/Robes/Force Powers

Diego Varen

I have to agree with Buzz1978 on dueling/dual wield.

Dual wield is just way more powerful then single saber, even much more powerful that a staff due to the possibility to use double the amounts of crystals. Other than that it is just double damage at the cost of a minor defense decrease and a slightly lower chance to hit.

Sure, single saber can be extremely strong, but that is only because the game is way too easy, and compared to dual wield it sucks.

Yes, i like the single saber, because of the style, the animations..and i dont want to base my decision on the different saber's strengths.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of these things are great ideas. I think what I would like to see is more gameplay issues than necceassarily appearence...but...I alwyas thought that it was stupid that regardless of what weapon you are carrying it's always in your hands - but that doesn't stop you from opening containers or using security or repairing droids? I geuss I think that it would be cool to have hilt hooks on the robes, holsters for blasters, etc. That way when you are not about to participate in aggresive negotiations - you can actually use your entire hand to complete tasks instead of just your fingertips...also to be able to use the force to draw you saber, like Yoda in Episode 2 would be ideal.

Powers - I would like to see more of the basic powers given to all classes automatically (force jump, force speed, etc.) - I mean do you really think that a Jedi consular can't jump and chop if they want to? I really liked the aspect of TSL that gave you the chance to learn force powers through interaction with NPC's and the like...

Feats - I think that there should be more class based automatic upgrades (like the unarmed combat tree and sneak attack tree).

What I really want to see is more of a progression through the game instead of "choose a profession and be limited to these choices" - For example starting out with an expierenced character that is not a jedi (similar to Mira, Handmaiden, Atton, Bao Dur, Disciple, etc) but that is force sensitive - choosing their feats, skills, etc for say five levels at the start of the game during generation. Then once play starts they become a padawan...progress to a jedi knight...progress to a guardian...progress to a sentinel...progress to a consular...progress to a watchman/assassin...progress to a weaponmaster/maurader...progress to a master/lord - with each progression focusing on the particular characteristics that make that "type" of character strong with skills, feats, and powers...

• 2 weeks later...

In K2 I noticed if you become a Watchmen or an Assassin you get to prestige in the stealth stuff if you get around level 40 or something and a Weapons Master gets the deflect and the Marauder gets fury (Although I have only played through a Jedi Master, Sith Lord and Sith Assassin and am just doing the Weapons Master now). Anywho, I know the Masters get inspire followers and Sith Lords get crush opposition, but I would think it would be neat if Masters and Lords can really specialize in their powers. such as the kill power; well instead of choking one person have it where you can choke someone and everyone that is within five metres of the guy. The plague same thing make it spread out to a group instead of one person. Perhaps Force Crush as well but say you have to be a very high level to even get the first part, like maybe level 15 or something. So ya just if there is that kind of set up in the third game, I wouldn't mind if Masters and Lords got extra force powers since they dwelve more into the force powers and they also get to specialize in powers...so ya thats my long idea that could of been worded in less :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well, firstly - and I've thought this often while playing the games - you should be able to block / deflect the force lightning-type DS powers, with a lightsaber. There should be a level-up feat to make this possible. It's been done more than once in the movie prequels, so it makes sense that it should be possible in these games.

A greater variety of melee attack feats would be a good idea. Just having the three to choose from is very limited, and it makes the combat animation look too mechanical all the time.

You should be able to use the force telekinetically to a greater extent. For instance: by launching inanimate objects at your enemies, or opening and closing doors with your mind (instead of using the security skill).

They should make more types of armour that look cooler than the crappy-looking ones in the first two games. Simple enough. And some new robes wouldn't go amiss, either. Although a lot of the K2 robes looked cool, we could do with some more DS robes, other than the Dark Jedi style robes. Also, The standard Jedi / Dark Jedi robes should occasionally come in different colours, like they did in the first game.

I like the idea of having different types of lightsaber hilt. In the movies they certainly don't all look like long, thin cylinders made out of tin foil. This idea could be utilised easily, by having unique lightabers, like Freedon Nadd's short lightsaber from K2 - that also look unique.

You could have the option of equipping a jet pack, and flying in battle, a la Jango and Boba Fett.

I totally agree.

Do you guys know the Swiss Guard? It's the army of the Pope.

They all wear the same military uniform and weapons as 500 years ago, and the order still flourishes. They even had to reject people, and we are talking about the year 2006!

While the ceremonial or traditional uniforms and weapons have not changed much since 1506. They are well trained and do use modern weapons and uniforms to protect the Pope if the need does arise.

When I visited Rome in 1986 they were using the M-16A2 but it may have changed since then.

Getting back on track here, I would like to see a different feat than the two eapon fighting, if you go double bladed I would like to see a feat for that and maybe you could get an attack bonus and a defense bonus. If that would happen I would like the dueling bonuses to go up a little more. It would make the single blade a little more appealing.

I feat that I found in K2 that I just didn't like was the force deflection one, if you didn't have a lightsaber you could deflect things but even when I didn't have a lightsaber I could still do it from time to time. I would just like to see it gone because I don't like it, its a waste to me.

You should have the ability to add an armor mesh to your robe or wear armor under your robe, sorta like the Knights Templar. To do this you would have to use a non-forcencumbering type of armor, so you can get the defence needed but not have to sacrafice force powers.

Some new Force Powers I've thought of.

Lightsaber Control (Universal Power) = Wield Three Lightsabers like Kreia in final battle.

1. Wield one extra Saber in midair.

2. Wield two extra Sabers in midair.

3. Wield three extra Sabers in midair.

Force Regeneration (Dark Side Power) = Darth Sion used this Power. As soon as you've died, click this Force Power and you'll return with Health and Force Power Points, if you have plenty of Force Power Points left.

1. Returns with 25% Health/Force Power Points.

2. Returns with 50% Health/Force Power Points.

3. Returns with 100% Health/Force Power Points.

Force Clone (Light Side Power) = Clones yourself to help against enemies. Eith goes when all enemies are killed or if Clone is killed by enemies.

1. Creates a Clone of you to help you.

2. Creates two Clones of you and another random Party Member to help you.

3. Creates three clones of you and another two random Party Members to help you.

Customisable Lightsaber hilts and outfits. Purely for looking good so you dont have to bother but will keep some entertained.

New feats based on the above. Maybe awarded with level ups that will increase the customising potential

New unique party members that have special abilities and novelties. for example. A pair of aliens that count as 1 party member and do things in tandem. Or a character with an unsual connection with fire. High resistance to fire, lock melting abilities and maybe even flame attacks.

Ooh and just having seen Clone wars; some new Mace-Windu-Like Jedi Hand to hand arsekickery would be cool too.

Come On you have to agree me, that you want stealth to be useable by whole party and sneak attack should be more effective (i think it is not working... i have never got that insane damage bonus when doing first attack out of stealth). Maybe some not too strong force powers that could be used from stealth not cancelling it, but greatly increasing the chance to be noticed and costing tons of FP. People with high repair should be able to "heal" droids in battle i think that is only logical. Awareness definately is used too little- so there you go- give that stealth attack to some enemies. Demolitions is okay, you can get exp and stuff, its okay, as well as security and treat injury. Persuade is as usefull as it gets.

For weapons- this again goes for my stealth idea- some kind of daggers or something, which increases sneak attack damage, i mean that would be the exelent weapon for sith assassin.

Force powers- I realy want to burn something when playing dark side :D. Some force to increase critical rate would be okay for me as well.

Feats- I realy dont know what feats, one thing could be like uber master attack, uber pwnzorz power attack and uber pwnzorz master power attack (lol) of course you got the picture lvl 4,5 and 6 active attacking feats.

Personally, I do not like the idea of having three lightsabers flying in the air. Once you give a power to the PC, it cheapens the power (like allowing PCs to use a double bladed lightsaber cheapens Darth Maul IMHO). I believe there should be 3 more dueling feats for a Weapon Master (in order to balance Two-Handed fighting). However, the NPCs must be harder, as the combat is already too easy.

I am normally of the opinion that less is more. While I like the changes made in KoTOR II, I do not want to see KoTOR III go overboard, just for the sake of adding more.

I like the robes in TSL much better than the original, and I would hope they stay in game. It has been a while since I have played, but I remember the Jedi armor (can't remember the name of it) as being upgradable. I think the Jedi armor should NOT be upgradeable, as there should be a reason to prefer robes to armor (for a Jedi). Allowing a hood would be good for cosmetic reasons alone. Shortly after TSL was released, I posted an idea (I don't think it was on this forum) about a personal robe (similar to the crystal in TSL) as a possibility for KoTOR III.

I think a custom Lightsaber hilt is a fine idea. I think the hilt design should not affect the functionality of the saber though.

As for weapons, I would like to see more variety. I find it frustrating when you get a nice weapon early on, and see no reason to change it until right before the end of the game because you see the same weapons over and over and over again.

However... I find that they should make it to where you need non-Jedi in your group more often. If you can have all three people be a Jedi, all weapons besides lightsabers really become a moot point.

Regarding Lightsaber forms. I wouldn't mind seeing different animations for different forms. If we learn them throughout the game, perhaps we could specialize in a single form, so we get some sort of (small) bonus when in that form.

No more cut & paste heads! Please, for the love of God. If I speak with an NPC in game, give him a unique head/face/hair.

The most important thing is (as always), the story. Please make it a very rich story. Sell me the steak, not the sizzle. I care more about the story than flashy force powers/feats/weapons etc. Please make the character development of my party members like it was in KoTOR I, where I learned more about them throughout the game. In TSL, after speaking a few lines to some players, they would say nothing new for the rest of the game. With the influence system of TSL, I was expecting much more of my party members.

For weapons- this again goes for my stealth idea- some kind of daggers or something, which increases sneak attack damage, i mean that would be the exelent weapon for sith assassin.

Possibly a light dagger, if your a Jedi and being a Sith Assasin. A light dagger is a very smaller lightsaber. Sometimes Yoda's weapon was considered a light dagger.

I think it should be very possible to lose an arm at some point in the game (its star wars after all) Different mechanical arms can be bought for credits at a medical facility. Some will fit droid components (upgrades) rather than people ones or have shields or bonuses built in (+2 strength etc) so it could actually benefit you in the end.

A character with a high enough skill (eg repair) gets an option to add another crystal slot to his weapon at some point.

All lightsabers should be tunable for the blade length, there is no more long or short, just lightsaber - you can adjust it at the workbench. a greater length gives the extra damage but takes the balance away for a penalty in the off hand. The longest blade becomes a two-handed weapon for massive damage.

Also, all the colours should be unique (perhaps just a random value) two blue crystals don't make the same colour blade exactly.

hi there all its canderous here so lets probley say what i think the wepons should probley be larger but they would probley also need a side arm for close quaters in combat swords dont normly do the killing hands or knifes does it so maby they could have knife that is a shocking one and maby for feats one that can make them very strong and fast because if you think of it combat isent ment to be very slow and with the armor very strong armor that can almost take anything and anthor very cool wepon would be a pulse disrupter wepon in empire earth they have them and for robes it would be cool if they can use a cloking generator to make them disaper with out haveing one fitted well thats about all what i think

Robes:The Idea of tunics and robes being seperate entities in the equip screen is a great one, and I would like to have a K1 tunic with a K2 robe on it, and customization would rock, like, which colors go where, and the physical appearance of the robe would be awesome.

PC:I think that you should customize it more than just this picture or that one? there should be a type of precision character editor at the beginning.

Weapons:Lightsabers definately need some type of customization, and there should be more color crystals, and more power crystals also, there should be an area dedicated to farming creatures and getting crystals somewhere also.

Forms:I would LOVE to have the forms have different animations, the same exact attack animations get boring over 3-4 years. and being proficient in forms should allow different animations for critical hits and such, and provide a medium sized bonus as well.

Feats:Some type of additional form specializing should be allowed in the feats section, or the skills section, and there should be a Force Proficiency feat, that adds +2 to the will save requirement at the first level, and +4 at the next level, finally at the third level adding +6, we also need some type of heavy weapons specific feat, like Destruction or something, that causes splash damage but those who are in the radius of it take half the damage of the person the attack was directed on, to make it fair. And some type of Feat like "Balance" or something to add to defence while using heavy weapons.

Force:There should definately be some type of lightning absorption technique like the one yoda used for lightning, and a type of damage inducing force throw that sends the enemy into a wall. there should DEFINATELY be some type of fire based force attack for the dark side, and some type of mass regeneration at the cost of immense force power, as was mentioned before.

Species:We definately need something other than human, the classic "a human saves the universe from everything while the aliens play sidekick" thing is boring, and we KNOW that there are quite a few alien templates that could be easily used, and some type of faction choosing thing would be cool too, like you could be the sith/evil faction or the republic, and get special things from the side you choose, and also you should definately get to be a prestige class, but we should have some type of extra prestige class or something, where you specialize the prestige, for example, Dual saber Weapon Master, and youd get a dexterity bonus and feats that add to your proficiency with dual wielding, and Dual Wielding and Staff Saber should be a seperate feat.

Then you are playing the wrong game.

We are talking about Knights of the Old Republic here... :doh:

Announcing SoTOR...

Smugglers of The Old Republic!

Too late! That one has already been thought of, along with BHotOR! :xp: -RH

Archived