Home

New Weapons/Feats/Armour/Robes/Force Powers

Diego Varen

Well, now that you mention it, it does get boring to see the same models constantly reused on NPCs. Especially when some of them are PC models, which are supposed to be unique.

As for the suggestion about a Force Proficiency feat: It's called Force Focus, and every Consular has that. :p

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would really like Dooku hilts, more robe styles and a flame force power. Those, even one, would be awsome.
Have we seen a flame force power before in the canon? Personally, I don't like when new abilities are added for the sake of adding new abilities. Kevin J. Anderson had a habit of doing this in the EU novels.

Prime's right, it wouldn't be fun to have some force burning power or some stupid force "death ball".

Agreed! Besides if people want to incinerate others so much there is always the Flamethrower in the GTA series or Fire spells in games like NWN/TES. :D

Lets not have any new powers but perhaps make the ones we have do more. ;)

Well, you could have a Force power equivalent of Smite Evil... something that would deam more damage the more extreme an enemy's alignment is. What else? Well, what about Knockdown as an attack feat? Disarm would be nice too. I'd also like to see more situations where the player could make use of different abilities or skills. Not just intelligence, wisdom and awareness. Also, creative ways of handling situations. Right now you can be persuasive, threatening, or just bend them to your will with Dominate Mind. I'd like to see a more interactive experience.

In an unrelated note, if they do change the game engine, I hope it won't be more than my current machine can handle. I remember some people complaining about speed issues in some parts, so I guess another thing I'd like to see is an optimized engine, for enhanced performance with most machines. And on top of that, I'd greatly appreciate it if the next installment in the series was 100% bug free.

I think there should be mandalorion armour with helments like on kotor1 (witch you get of the mandalrions on the unknown planet)

I also think you should have a choice for hood up hood down.

YOu should also be able to have a customised mask like revan has one.

thinking you know the force medation sugesttion shouldnt it be aa power not a feat?

I think they should either cut down the two weapon feat or improve dueling. It's just unbalanced right now. There are to many people using two weapons anyhow.

It should be impossible to equip other than "balanced" weapons in the off hand and there should be less of them and of smaller size. The short lightsaber for example should become a light dagger...

Oh and give me light wip!

well the thing is single weilders have a much higher acuracy where as double weilders get more damage but no where near as much acuracy

Precisely. And don't forget the +3 bonus to AC you get with Master Dueling. Sure, it's not that big, but it can make a difference. The two-handed fighting feats merely reduce the accuracy penalty. They don't actually give a bonus.
However, at high level, you hit virtually every round anyway. I don't remember the exact bonuses of the second line of two handed fighting (Jedi Weapon Master), but they should include a second line for dueling if they have a second line for two handed fighting.

• 6 months later...

I think Echani Strike is available in Handmaiden's feats.

Weapons:

Ebony and Ivory (Twin blasters.)

Feats:

Add a Niman/Jar'Kai feat in Lightsaber.

Stack up "Two weapon fighting" and "dueling"

Robes:

Darth Nihilus Robe

Darth Traya Robe

Atris Robe

Darth Vader Robe

Darth Tyrannus Robe

Masks:

Doesn't mind. It's in the Robe.

Lightsabers:

Paired lightsaber with customizable hilts.

Personally I agree with having removeable capes (i.e. tunics and capes having their own slot) but I think that there should be some advantages to both for example higher persuasion/wisdom/stelth with robe on but it should encumber you slightly while fighting (think EP1 where Obi & Qui-gon removed their capes before fighting Maul)

I also think that LS should have a version of lightning like Force Judgement which I beleive has been used in EU.

• 2 months later...

ok, heres a list of the thing i wanna see!! (yes i am gonna take a LOAD of your ideas into this list, props to peeps who came up with the ideas)

Robes- 3 Syles of robes- hood up/hood down/no robe(tunic)

and customizable i.e colour tunic and robe. (only at a workbench?)

also should be allowed an underlay only as armour upgrade.

only 1!

Weapons- Customizable hilts (i think we are ALL agreed on this)

Double Saber Vs Dueling argument- i am a double weapon user myself sheerly for the fact its more powerful.

i vote for higher Duelling feats AND/OR force penalties if using two handed weapons- nothing huge, but enough to make you stop and think.

(hell i have NEVER seen a character use his Sword hand to throw force powers in the films)

Masks - Yes MORE!!/Customizable sith mask?!?!

Force Powers- i like them as they are with only minor changes,

i.e Force Crush- i wanna be uber sith and crush several! (say 4 max or radius of 2.5 metres)

Force wave - maybe replace with a multiple force push? say anyone within a radius of 3 metres of the target? pick them up an HURL them!! hee hee! with collisions into bystanders!!

(ohh!! bystander reactions! if you force lightning someone, why would the bystanders hang around?!?! ib be running for it!)

may think of more, will add later.

P.s SHATO KHAN - i am fully AGAINST a LightWhip, on 2 reasons 1) they dont exist in the Star wars world (or do they? i dont have any comics etc and havent read that much canon)

2) Can you Imagin they techno behind that? ok getting a beam of pure light is one thing, getting one that is effected by gravity and can be whipped? too much...

HOWEVER!!- i may agree to support an ELECTRO-Whip, maybe that glows due to the current??

I think Echani Strike is available in Handmaiden's feats.

Weapons:

Ebony and Ivory (Twin blasters.)

Yes, ripping weapons from another games/anime/etc is really special, especially when its a slug thrower... And paired pistols are already possable in the game. Next you would be giving the robots a high tech syche, a hammer with rocket engines, or a even gunblade...

Leave those funny ideas to the mods please.

Well, it would be nice if at least some robes would have the hood on/off function. Then again so do things like helmets and visors, it would be nice if there is an option to have the cover up and still rwecieve the bonus. That would look sweet.

Then again functions liker shirt unplugged, ??? undone, or socks off would be nice, for some people. *cough cough*

• 1 month later...

dont know if they are in here but i only read about half the first page

Robes.

they need more variaty not just diferant colers i dont think the sith would have the same robes as the jedi??? mybe making the sith robes more evil like having them made to fight in with little blades n things pratical is the word ""they arnt trying to look friendly"" also tatered robes would be sick

weapons/armor

have some kind of lightsaber spear for the jedi royal guard? new faction i just made up

could alos have new armor instead of just retextures

designable lighsaber. things like were the on/off switch goes all that kinda stuff

others.

make it so u can play on after main mission is finished

upgradable ship, posibly have a capital ship as well

have a kind diferant slots for differant armor such as capes/robes, chest(also includes belt), legs, boots, arms and rings n stuff

all ur ideas as well

i dont mind if a game takes ages to come out as long as it pwns plus i like massive games

New Weapon:

True Sith Sword.

What it is: It is a sword with the True Sith insgina inscriped on it.

...Does it do anything: No. Nothing special.

Why Bother Adding it In: Flavor? What, you think the True Sith are going to use OTHER NATIONS' swords, when they can use their own swords? It's a matter of pride.

Next up: True Sith Amor, True Sith Robes, and the "True Sith" line of Force Powers (has the exact same effects of regural Force Powers, but in reality, done so in a True-Sith manner that is awesomingly cool!)

Lightsaber: I would love to get my hands on an adjustable saber. I would be unable to control my excitement if I had a saber that I could manipulate from an off hand shorty to a full-sized saber then into a staff like Maul in Episode I.

Armored Jedi Robes: Color and texture modifications to the already existing Jal-Shey or Zeison-Sha robes would be acceptable.

Although, I'd like to see more of a realistic, ancient jedi look to them.

They should also be able to accomodate all the underlays and inserts that are dicovered.

Jedi Robes: The hood ideas sound great. Up for stealth at some penalty.

When down stealth deceases a bit. Or something similar.

Also, Revan's robe and mask are just too awesome to ignore.

I'd Love to wear them.

Force Powers: Force Mind Grasp (mind reading)

Although jedi masters very rarely use this form of manipulation out of their devotion to their strict moral code, sith lords rely on this to anticipate the moves of their enemies.

Kreia showed some of this in her mind assault on Atton. Maybe we could aspire to this level of mind control.

If we were so inclined, we could use this to gather otherwise hidden information.

Perhaps even discover side quests this way.

Another force power that would be useful is the already mentioned Healing Meditation. Health regen at force cost.

They utilize something similar in Jade Empire where you spend chi to regain health.

I'd like to check this power out.

I wouldn't mind sniping enemies at a distance at times also.

The next game should have improved saber moves and animation.

If it is different for each style, so much the better.

How about a variety of mesh combos like:

Under line mesh:Simple jedi robes, combat clothing w/o armour platings, simple clothes, etc.

Outer mesh:Jedi armour plating, Combat Plating, Helmets, Hooded Jedi robe w/cust. option hood on/off, and so on...

Even for weapons, like a blaster rifles customization shows separate meshes that shows you that its been upgraded, or even lightsaber parts...then you can just say BOOYA!

Archived