Home

Mandelorians!!

Even Mandalore was manipulated by Kreia though not with Force techniques. She used memories so it could work and remember the clones were programmed to accept any order without question.

Yes, yes, you are right master. They obey without question. I forgot.

It just seems like a huge waste of talent though.

If I were the emperor, I would want by best out doing the most damage, not following me around. Perhaps Palpatine was a bit of a paranoid.

The Empire is not the enemy of the Repubic. Not the Republic that fell just sort of the Battle of Yavin, anyway. Of the New Republic, sure.

The Republic became the Empire. There was no external battle between the two powers - they are one and the same. They never existed at the same time, and are therefore not enemies.

Politically, perhaps. Philosophically, however, Palpatine is the arch-nemesis of the Republic. It's what Bastila said in KotOR: "What better cause is there, than to turn your enemy against you?"

;)

I think you screwed up the quote... and enemy is already against you:p

(It's: "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? TO use their own knowledge against them?")

I'm speaking in a litteral sense - the Empire never openly clashed with the Republic until until Thrawn(ish).

But you are correct in that Palpatine and the Empire are the enemy of everything the Republic stood for.

No. What's the liklihood that a Mandalorian would have joined the Empire? There were barely any of them left by the time of the movies anyway, and they could make a much better profit by being bounty hunters.

*coughbobafettcought*

Try re-reading my post. You'll notice I said that it was unlikely any Mandalorians would have joined the Empire, but I never said they would refuse to work for it. Boba Fett is not an official memeber of the Empire's military, despite how he works closely with Vader. He is a bounty hunter, which I said Mandalorians would find to be a more profitable job than an Imperial soldier. And although I said barely any of them left, I never said they were wiped out.

Well, considering that 501st clones survived until the OT era (as long as the elite guards weren't restricted to new and or non-clone recruits)(also the time difference is about the age of luke skywalker) clones would've been some of the most battle-hardened and tactically-experienced combatants of their day, that coupled with their programmed upbringing would make them ideal candidates for the emperor's elite bodyguards, so unless other sources specify that they aren't clones then it could be a possibility, and if non-clones are specified then I would like to know who they are Exactly;)

If they are clones of the last true mandalorian' date=' wouldn't that make them mandalorians by DNA?[/quote']

Nope

The mandalorians we know are like the sith they arnt a species but a teaching.

A normal clone of a mandalorian by itself is just another clone of what ever species the mando was but teach it the ways of the mandalorians then its a mandalorian.

The Republic is supposed to stand for freedom and democracy. The emperor planned everything to take over and he created the Empire. That is the total opposite of democracy because he does away with the Senate and has control over the systems. It may have been a poor choice of words but I've said my piece.
Well, the Senate really is the Republic, since it represents the citizens of it. They put the Emperor into that position freely, as representatives of the people. Yes, he manipulated them into doing so, but it wasn't a military takeover or anything. He used (in the loose sense) the laws and mechanisms of government to take over.

Archived