Home

Problem with Veer's "Maximum Firepower"?

evenflow80

Hi everyone;

I seem to be having trouble getting Veer's "Maximum Firepower" to work 99% of the time. Rarely, it works, but most of the time, he says the command and nothing happens, he either continues firing regular shots and/or stands around and does nothing. I tried telling him once to attack a building with it, instead he walked up to it and started pummeling it with regular shots, and the counter to the special didn't kick in, its like I never used it.

Anyone have similiar problems?

Yeah I've had that quite a bit too. I'm not sure if it's related to a pathing/line of sight issue or what. Sometimes if you manually position the walker you can get it but that can be pretty annoying not to mention difficult.

Ofcourse, I left click on all specials, and I have no problem whatsoever with other specials at all, only Veers's. Its a bit odd, but it just doesn't work for me to the point where I don't even bother to try and use it anymore, its just a hassle.

I also expierence this problem, and I know very well what your talking about. Usually I have to tell him about three times for him to actually use the ability. Though I never thought about posting the problem, it really is a bug or something.

Funny. That happens to me many times w/ a variety units like the Y-Wing and it's ion cannon.

it works rather well for me. the only problem i've had with hero abilities is Captain Piett's Proton Beam. i've tried to use it on several occasions with it working only once.

I think that's because you might be targeting something out of his range, as the proton beam is a short range tractor weapon.

It's true. It's a question of timing and mainly the range. If You're close enough, You can use Veer's Firepower even on land-units, not only on buildings. But a point is, that when Veers is not close enough and You chose the ability, Veers AT-AT doesnt move on and uses it then. You must move-click and wait first, which is kinda bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean too because when I use maximum firepower he just stands there like there is no enemys the a while later he just does what he does but I find that maximum firepower works on power generators thoe.But aswell I had an atat going to the enemy base then suddenly he stopped the it got destroyed and I was disapointed because it was early in the game so I would of killed the Rebel Scum earlier but it took an other hour just to knock them down :atat::snow:

Nobody's mentioned the biggest problem with Veers yet - when you use his special attack, he doesn't say, "target--maximum firepower!"

Anyway, I've observed Veers move into range and use his ability properly, though I think sometimes he has missed it. It's an intermittent problem, which makes it much harder to pin down.

it works rather well for me. the only problem i've had with hero abilities is Captain Piett's Proton Beam. i've tried to use it on several occasions with it working only once.

ive never got the proton beam to work, ive even got the accuser on nearly a suicide run, telling it to pass right over a mon cal and then clicking on the icon several times throughout the journey it takes, but still nothing happens

ive never got the proton beam to work, ive even got the accuser on nearly a suicide run, telling it to pass right over a mon cal and then clicking on the icon several times throughout the journey it takes, but still nothing happens

It works like Vader's crush vehicle ability...you click the icon and your pointer changes to the special targeting pointer, after which you left-click on the target enemy unit to execute the command.

But I have noticed that if you give the proton beam command, he'll try to move into position (which involves a fairly short-range) and use it, but if it takes him more than 15 seconds or so - or unless he can (ideally) use the ability right away on the target you specified - he'll "forget" and go wandering about attacking other enemy units indefinitely.

I've so many times wanted to shuttle Vader over to the bridge of the Accuser to strangle Captain Piett for not following a direct order.

DV: "You've failed me for the last time, Piett."

<uses his 'force strangle' ability to choke Piett to death>

<points to the nearest Gunner's Mate>

DV: "You're in command now. Don't fail me!"

So how many people here WOULDN'T want to be next in the chain-of-command under Darth Vader? Such a position seems to include an invariably short life expectancy. :)

The trick to getting Blizzard 1's 'Maximum Firepower' to work is to not fire while it's trying to fire normally. You have to click on the 'Max Fire' icon, then wait till it's between shots before clicking on the target. The target also must already be in range. I only use it on things that he's already firing at. That way, I know he's facing the right way, and it's not too far or too close. There's a minimum range as well as a max. If you time the target selection between his normal shots, it will fire immediately when you click on the target.

The trick to getting Blizzard 1's 'Maximum Firepower' to work is to not fire while it's trying to fire normally. [...]

Ah, that helps a lot. I've only had problems with Veers' special ability a few times, but often enough to be frustrating. Now that I know the proper way, I won't have to send Vader down to force strangle him. :)

Also, if you're having trouble catching him "in between shots" once you know he's in range, press "S" (stop), after which he'll pause for a couple of seconds - long enough to target his ability. (I use this with other heroes in similar cases, and it works well.)

Archived