(1) New Robe Texture Variation For Bastila - 100% Done

(1 M/F Set) New Robe Texture Variation For PC - 100% Done

(1) New Kreia Robe and Head Texture. - 100% Done

Enhancement to DAP:HC

Sonia's Difficulty

Nomi's Difficulty

Sith Assassin Difficulty

This expansion cannot function without the installation of:

The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium (Vrs. 1.00.23).

You can find more information here when it is available:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2067094#post2067094

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello mr. MacLeod! I was just stopping by this thread to say THANK YOU for the great work on Dark Apprentice, and PRESTO! BONUS! NEW AND IMPROVED TOYS!

I guess that's what I get for giving some positive feedback, huh?

Seriously, AWESOME MOD the way it already was, but now this?!? You REALLY are MacLeod, of the Clan MacLeod!!!

Much Respect, my Highlander friend!

Here is an updated list:

The Dark Apprentice: 'Holowan Consortium'

Mini-Expansion Pack

Being Released Sunday April 23rd!

Adds to DAP:HC

(2) New Bounties for Bossk

(1) New 'Jedi Royal Guard' Robe DS Texture Variation III For Bastila - 100% Done

(2 M/F Sets) New 'Hoth' Robe Texture Variation/Revamp For PC - 100% Done

(1) New Kreia Robe and Head Texture: 'Eternal Kreia'. - 100% Done

Sonia's Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

Nomi's Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

Sith Assassin Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...094#post2067094

Hoth Robe Set: This robe set was done about a year ago, so I decided to revisit the idea. After progressing in modding experience, and have been influenced by other's work, I revamped the robes to look more like they belong on Hoth. I scrappted the entire original idea, and redesigned a two robe sets for male and female.

OK, I just registered here to post a comment on this mod (and because I have too much time right now ;)

First, I also use the German version of the game and had the same problem with the text not showing which has now been solved. Maybe you could explain this in the readme file? The readme file is also something which I think could be better. The installation instructions are somewhat complicated (not for me, but surely for some of the "average" players).

Now for the positive things: I didn't follow the mods for Kotor in the last months, but most of the mods on the 2005 top mods list didn't impress me that much. Most of them are textures or lightsabers and such. These things are nice, but I wouldn't play the game again because of them. But this mod is more. It really adds something new to the game which changes the game experience itself. I had hoped to have some kind of real interaction with the Kotor 1 NPCs in the original game, but that didn't happen. A completely missed opportunity, especially since Bastila has been the favourite NPC of many players (including myself). This mod really adds something that should have been in the game from the beginning. And it lets you not only talk to NPCs, but role-play.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for this outstanding mod. I think it is the best mod for Kotor 2 from those I have played or seen so far. This is definitely something that makes is worth to play the whole game again. Please keep up the good work.

BTW: Since pcgamemods.com doesn't seem to upload new mods - are there other mods I may have overlooked that add something like quests to Kotor 2?

The Dark Apprentice: 'Holowan Consortium'

Mini-Expansion Pack

Postponed Release: Saturday May 6th!

Adds to DAP:HC

(2) New Bounties for Bossk

(1) New 'Jedi Royal Guard' Robe DS Texture Variation III For Bastila - 100% Done

(2 M/F Sets) New 'Hoth' Robe Texture Variation/Revamp For PC - 100% Done

(1) New Kreia Robe and Head Texture: 'Eternal Kreia'. - 100% Done

Sonia's Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

Nomi's Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

Sith Assassin Difficulty (Harder To Beat)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157555

I have been working diligently on this expansion. At the moment, I can only wait for the changes to come back. I have been working on a few new things, which I hope people will enjoy.

Jedi 'Hoth' Robe (M & F)

Sith 'Hoth' Robe (M & F)

Jedi 'Hoth' Master's Robe (Female Only)

This exnapsion is slightly larger than planned, so I hope you will all forgive me. Well, I will keep you updated.

MacLeodCorp.

Great work on the mod! It sounds really fun but im having some problems, is it possible at all to get it working with USM/Holowan Plugin pack ? I dont know anything about modding but i've tried to edit the files and every seems to be okay (the new npcs show up and i can get bossk's quests) but Bastila on Telos doesnt have the appropriate dialog and gives me a padawan saber instead of a robe and doesnt trigger the main DAP quest. Im sure there might be away but like i said i dont know much about modding so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The DAP uses the TSLPatcher I thought? If that so then all you should be doing is extracting the archive to a seperate directory and running the TSLPatcher.exe. You shouldn't have to be self editing the files.

My mistake. In this case it is probably a mod conflict that you haven't caught yet. Probably a UTC file. As the DAP is a mod that has evolved for over a year now it could be that there were conflicts deriving from the Holowan Plugin which included many of Macleodcorps early works. I would recomend installing Holowan Plugin/USM first then place DAP in the Override and see how many files it prompts to overwrite. Write down which ones they are and send me a PM I'll help you troubleshoot from there.

I agree with Darkkender. I would install the USM first, and then install DAP. If you find you are asked to override a file that was placed in by USM, then you have found your conflict.

I did use the TSLPatcher on my .2da files; however, I did not include an installer. I will be adding the Changes.ini file in the expansion, so you can load it up to see the changes.

Another thought came to mind. There was only one file that I didn't run through the Patcher, and that was the global.jrl. This files controls the journal entry discriptions. Since I am on a three week exam scheduled for finals, I will not be able to get to finishing the expansion for at least another few weeks. I was hoping to get it done by this weekend, but I do not believe I have enough time.

Regardless, I will copy the changes I made in the global.jrl to a new global.jrl, which I wiull run through the TSL Patcher.

Let me know what is up...:)

Thanks for responses! I will do that, however I dont think they have TSL patchers.. Im using Holowan Plugin 1.03 and DAPHC 1.23 and both (at least the versions i've found) are just folders with the files in them, but no TSLPatcher.... Do i just have the wrong versions maybe?

edit: I sent you a PM dark, but if anyone else wants to know after making a test override then 1. putting USM 2. Holowan PLugin then trying to copy in DAP these are the files it prompts for overwriting

Appearance.2da

Global.jrl

Globalcat.2da

heads.2da

IA_ClassZS_007.tga

ia_JediRobe_011.tga

n_darkjedif01.tga

n_JediMemF01.tga

P_BastilaH04.tga

PFBI11.tga

PMBI11.tga

PBM07.tga

Thanks for responses! I will do that, however I dont think they have TSL patchers.. Im using Holowan Plugin 1.03 and DAPHC 1.23 and both (at least the versions i've found) are just folders with the files in them, but no TSLPatcher.... Do i just have the wrong versions maybe?

edit: I sent you a PM dark, but if anyone else wants to know after making a test override then 1. putting USM 2. Holowan PLugin then trying to copy in DAP these are the files it prompts for overwriting

Appearance.2da

Global.jrl

Globalcat.2da

heads.2da

IA_ClassZS_007.tga

ia_JediRobe_011.tga

n_darkjedif01.tga

n_JediMemF01.tga

P_BastilaH04.tga

PFBI11.tga

PMBI11.tga

PBM07.tga

Hello LenaMarieD! :dmaul3:

I'm definitely not the expert on these MODs, but I do have over 40 active MODs in my override for TSL - all working properly, and all installed without using KotOR Tool to merge them (I only recently was able to get KT downloaded properly). I am using USM and DAHC 123, but not Darkkender's Halowan Plug-In - so I am guessing that the global.jrl file that you are prompted to overwrite is a result of 2 of these files - 1 from DAHC and 1 from Holowan Plug-In - if you install DAHC last and overwrite the files it prompts you to, then you should have the proper DAHC journal entries in your game. Also, did you by chance install an older version of Dark Apprentice (like Dark Apprentice Gold), if you did, then you must uninstall the old version before installing the new one. At any rate, if you just install DAHC last (no other MODs after it) and overwrite all the files it prompts you to, DAHC should work just fine - journal entries and all! :)

I hope this helps!

P.S. LenaMarieD, I know this may sound a little strange, but do you by chance have an aunt that goes by the nick-name "Mamma D" ? And are you a barber? Sorry if this is a little personal, but I know a girl (woman) named Lena D. (she is a men's barber) - anyways, just curious if that's you! :)

- DM.005 :maul5:

thanks for trying! I dont think im using a older version of DAPHC, the readme says Version 1.00.23 also will overwriting these files make USM and the Holowan plugins stop working?

As for my name, im no barber :) Im a Network Admin and occasional Mistress; as in slave keeper!

Edit: I think i found what it conflicts with, some mod where Bastila is called the Lost Jedi in Telos Medical ward. At least theres one there with that name with the same dialog.

thanks for trying! I dont think im using a older version of DAPHC, the readme says Version 1.00.23 also will overwriting these files make USM and the Holowan plugins stop working?

As for my name, im no barber :) Im a Network Admin and occasional Mistress; as in slave keeper!

HELLO LENA!!! :urpdude:

Well now! Business before pleasure first, I suppose! As for USM, no it should not interfere- as MacLeod made DAHC USM compatible. As for Halowan Plug-In, it probably will as some of MacLeod's older MODs are included in the Plug-In, that is likely where the conflict is happening. :dmaul3:

But enough of this MOD talk! We have discussed business - now for the pleasure !

"Mistress; as in slave keeper!" huh? Well, obviously I have been an insolent dog - and as such am deserving of the harshest of punishments!

:smirk2::lightning OR :tied: OR :dev11::whip1: !!!!

Yes, I have been a VERY bad boy! Who will put me in my place? I am IMPOSSIBLE to dominate - you... you w - w- won't break me! :dsaber:

Yeah, that's MY double- bladed saber! See how it pulses and throbs with the power of the Dark Side?

SINCERELY,

Edit: I think i found what it conflicts with, some mod where Bastila is called the Lost Jedi in Telos Medical ward. At least theres one there with that name with the same dialog.

Actually the DAP was originally titled the Lost Jedi. When Mac made alot of changes to the mod It became the Dark Apprentice Holowan Consortium. He had done a name the mod contest for the Lost Jedi in which the winning name was the DAP. So if you have that mod installed then simply overwrite all of it's files with this mod. I can't recall if I had included the Lost Jedi in the release of the Holowan Plugin or not.

@DM -- Down boy, down. Your kinda reminding me of a NPC that was in a friend of mines D&D game. The analogy would be very crude. :p

Yes Darkkender, once again my unbridled enthusiasm has managed to overwrite ALL the files in my higher-brain functions' override folder! :lol:

So, the 'Lost Jedi' Bastila file Lena pointed out is almost surely from one of Mac's older MODs that is included in your Holowan Plug-In, and as such is causing this journal problem? She must have installed the Holowan Plug-In AFTER DAHC was installed - and in doing so probably overwrote (is that even a word?) the global.jrl file - SO, if she just installs DAHC AFTER the other MODs and overwrites the prompted files (global.jrl, I presume), then the DAHC journal entries should work correctly? OR, is Mac's older MODs in Holowan Plug-In basically acting like an older version of DAP, thus meaning that the old DAP files MUST be removed from the override folder BEFORE installing the new DAHC?

Although I am beginning to confuse myself, one of these hypothesis' sounds correct (probably the second, huh?) - so I will quit now, while I'm ahead! :dev7:

P.S. Well DK, I HOPE your friend's D&D NPC isn't really like me - for ALL our sakes! :)

Darkkender used a mod, which was a previous incarnation of The Dark Apprentice. Before I decided to change the name to The Dark Apprentice: Gold, I originally named the mod: 'The Lost Jedi - Bastila PC/NPC'. After holding an poll, I changed the surname to Holowan Consortium. After three incarnations of this mod, the name is now called: The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium.

Since Darkkender used the previous version, and if you installed that version, there will most likely be a conflict. Just override the mactching files, which relate to DAP and Lost Jedi.

I was just sent a nice PM by Stoffe, and I miss understood the Patcher. Therefore, I will be releasing the 'Expansion' pack with the formula she came up with for installation. I must have been a little confussed.

Therefore, I will be releasing another version of:

'The Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium'

Within this version, the player will get the expansion built into the set, and a revised installation process. The name of the mod will stay perminately. All that will change is the version number.

For those who do not want to redownload the file, I will release the Expansion set seperately as well.

Thanks for all your help! Strangely the Lost Jedi files dont seem to be the DAPHC files, but after some digging through the credits folder, i found information on Lost Jedi, it seems there where two culprit files "Ond_dip.utc" and "999Comf.dlg" because after i deleted them, the merged .2da files i did for heads, appearence and globalcat kicked right in (and i just overrided the global.jrl) and it started working right away, even in my old save games, i was able to go back to telos and get the quest :) Kudos to you holowan guys for great mods!

As for my other calling, i dont enslave males, its much too annoying as many dont seem to know their place! Though, like the exile i seem to attract many followers male and female :)

Is there any chance of this interfering with the concent in envida's Complete Mods set? I was just wondering since that mod set makes a couple of minor changes to Khoonda.

I have Envida's mod on my computer, but I haven't had it installed with DAP. If there were tweaks to the .git files, then yes there will be unfixable conflicts.

Envida's mods had no ".git" file tweaks. His were almost all script driven. He inserted a custom script that calls an execute script command to the original script. So if there are scripts that are asked to be overwritten then I might be able to help.

Hello MacLeodCorp,

I installed your mod last week and i found an wierd bug.

I talked to Bastila on Telos then i went to Dantooine, i killed the sith assasin just outside the Ebon Hawk then i talked to Bastila about it and blablabla she told me to talk to BossK on Nar Shadaa. I went immediatly to Nar Shadaa and there was something wrong. All bounty hunters were scattered in the first map of Nar Shadaa.

Mira, Hanharr, Twilek sisters, duros gang, lillte bugs with mask (can't remember their name). Everyone was in this map except HK-50 robots. These robots were near the Hutt.

I found another bug, maybe you know it. It's about the Dia's bounty. When you talk to her and you say that you will persuade Bossk that you killed Dia to collect the bounty, there is a problem in the dialog.

You say that you want to collect the bounty and he says here is your reward... This was too easy. You didn't even use a sentence to persuade him or he didn't try to find if you really killed Dia. In Korriban in KOTOR, when you help the Sith renegate escape, Master Uthar says that some students went to the cave and didn't find them. They said maybe the monsters ate them.

I have a question for you. You say that Mission isn't included with your mod. How can i install a Mission model so it will be a part of your mod? Do i only need a model?

thanks for your answers and your mod

Hello MacLeodCorp,

I installed your mod last week and i found an wierd bug.

(Edited for space saving)

thanks for your answers and your mod

I am a little confussed. What do you mean by scattered? Which map? What were you doing at the time?

There is no Mission mod, which connects to this one.

Dia has no bounty to collect on. Do you mean Sonia?

Archived