Home

Rant thread

Uh.. I don't use internet Bibles but if you have a spare Bible handy (If you don't then, most hotels stock them in the middle bedside draw :p)

Leviticus 18:22

"You shall not lie with a man as with a woman. It is an abomination."

In this passage God was talking to a man. There are more like it. but I think this one does nicely.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, okay, I'll give you that according to the Christian bible god says gays are an abomination.

...but according to the Islamic bible Christians are an abomination.

So really faith is an abstract sense I don't know what to trust yet. In almost every faith you'll get in trouble for believing in.

People need to learn that it's not important what you have faith in, as long as you have faith.

...that and super-christians just plain creep me out.

You know who I hate? Danica Patrick. Sure, she's all 'Girls can race too!' but she still proves that to be a sucessful women you have to put on a bikini and post for a dirty magazein. If only women learned that you don't have to be a complete sexpot to be accepted in masculine things, like sports.

I love you Ave.

In fact I have something to add to that

There's this popular belief that a woman in a relationship needs to do things for the man.

You see it everywhere. Case in point, this line: "I'd do everything for him." You see it in a lot of emo poetry, and you'll hear it." He'll see how much I love him when he sees I'm wearing those clothes he likes or talking how he likes or I'll take the abuse because he really loves me."

Honey, where the hell are you living? How does abuse/covering up who you are make for nice healthy relationships? The belief is that if you give up everything the guy will see just how devoted you are.

Truth be told, I'd be a little creeped out by this belief and suggest whoever follows this to take a nice trip to therapy to sort out some self-esteem problems.

Not to mention I'm getting quite sick of hearing excuses for messing up your body because the boyfriend likes it. When polled on why girls get bikini waxes, shave their legs, wear thongs, or act ditzy you'll hear "My boyfriend likes it better, he feels less threatened, my boyfriend thinks I look sexy."

Yeah, and if my boyfriend liked me staying inside the house all day I'd do that too.

Funny because you hear these same girls get their panties in a knot when woman had no rights and were being treated like second class citizens. Now it's the cool thing to treat yourself like a second-class citizen.

Another thing that bothers me is the recent spike in skin cancer due to tanning. Girls know its terrible for them but do it anyway because they say guys compliment them on a nice tan and want to look good. As if there is only one way to look good (instead ofyou know, by being confident, intelligent, caring) and as if these guys that are saying such things because you screwed up your body would really give two ****s about you when you get together.

Beauty is not about looking like 1% of the population, beauty is about being who you are and always will be. Physical beauty is simply for sex and that only brings pleasure not happiness-which hint hint nudge nudge comes from accepting yourself.

Alright, I'm done ranting.

yeah, girls like that give the other self-respecting girls a bad name. Even worse, the ones who like to hear some downright wrong stuff from guys, thinking it's good when it's really just wish-fulfillment. (there's another correct term but it escapes me at the time). Any immature guys who speak like that to me or my friends know to expect scratches on their arms, or a sore aching feeling on their back and shoulders.

Oh, and in my case I try not to tan too much. Not for the fear of skin-cancer, but my skin is dark enough as is. Most people cant tell that I'm from Mexico and confuse me from someone from India or the Middle east. A birthmark i have don't help much either. A few times, I've had some racsist comments made at me where they thought I'm from the middle-east!

A few times, I've had some racsist comments made at me where they thought I'm from the middle-east!

That's hilarious and wrong on so many levels.

And Klia, I love you too but in a sisterly way. Not in a Raz/lili way.
Plutonic. The word is plutonic.

lollerblades, Darth/Klia LF slashfiction.

WRONG![/lex]

(I am not directing this rant towards the person commented. No hard feelings.)

You want to know something I hate?

My dad gave me $500 to go shopping!!!!! It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun.

I got to go to my favorite shops Deb's, Icing, Hot Topic, and Lane Bryet.

I bought so much.

I dislike when people are given things without working for them.

Like in zelda 41's case, she got $500 for just no (apparent) reason! I mean, to get a fifth of that money, I would need to move at least 150 lbs. of dirt at this time of year, help put up a dog fence, mow at least 1 acre of hilly lawn, move at least 300 lbs. of wood, and do regular chores like cleaning up after dinner, doing the cat litter, dog litter, cleaning the bathroom, vaccume, sweep, hand wash dishes that can't go in the dishwasher, clean my own room, cleaning the bird cage, my own laundry, cleaning up anything that others left behind, (because it doesn't matter who put something somewhere, if it isn't cleaned up, all 3 of me and my siblings get yelled at,) and any other oddjobs thrown in. FOR A FIFTH OF THE MONEY.

I also knew a kid who got paid for getting GRADES. Not good grades, just grades. THey got $1 for an F, $5 for a D, $10 for a C, $25 for a B, and $50 for an A. Paying kids for grades is not wrong in any way to me, but $10 FOR A FEAKING C!!

I get in trouble for getting a C on my interum, let alone my report card!

GAH.[/rant]

I know how you feel Grud. I get payed for good grades,

A's and B's=5 a peice

Below C+'s=grounded for the 9 weeks.

It is awesome because my dad pays me 10 for an A in gym. And all A's is 50. I get really good grades so I'm expected close to perfection.

I know how you feel Grud. I get payed for good grades,

A's and B's=5 a peice

Below C+'s=grounded for the 9 weeks.

It is awesome because my dad pays me 10 for an A in gym. And all A's is 50. I get really good grades so I'm expected close to perfection.

...I DON'T GET PAID FOR ANYTHING! >:C

Fs? Thas' a paddlin'.

Oh man, I got in trouble soooo much for messing with my math teacher last year. Why does it matter if I didn't do it her way? I still got it right! Freakin' nazi teacher... Ms. Rathert? MORE LIKE MS. RAT-HEART!

What I really hate is when someone comes up to you and says, "can I ask you a question?" didn't really give me much of a choice there, did ya sunshine?

I have heard that before....

Which comedian is that from? I'm thinking Daniel Tosh...

No. Like St. Jimmy. (you nearly had me think there was a St. Thrikolas there for a sec.)

There was. Back at holiday time, everyone's favorite moderater Thrik changed his name to Saint Thrikolas and had a Wallace and Gromit avatar.

It was kool.

Or like that movie The Saint, with Val Kilmer and Elisabeth Shue. That was a fun movie. What ever happened to Val? Or Elisabeth for that matter?

I have so much to rant about, but for now:

Kids need to stay off my grass. Back in my day, I had to walk 15 miles around my neighbors yard to stay off his grass......

Archived