Home

White Armor

Niner_777

What's up with the stormtroopers having white armor? Sure it's fine for when they are on the Death Star, but on Endor, and Tatoine. I definitely would not pick white for my grand army, if I was worried about having to use them that is. Especially for the scout troopers. At least some of the clones from ROTS had camo.

The only reason I can think of is that the Emperor wanted to show off his army, kind of like America did with its Great White Fleet. If this was the case, why didn't they paint their star destroyers white? Too much paint? Just something I though about and I'm sure others have too.

well, i guess they had to have some colour, and the white armour definetly would have stood out wherever they were. And with the empire's reputation, if you saw that walking around i dont think anyone would try to cause trouble. unless your in Mos Eisley cantina. or stupid. or both.

In the Episode II storybook, or something, it mentions that clones wear white because they fear nothing and want their enemies to see them approach. Of course, we later see camo Scout Troopers, but I think it's fair to imagine the uniform white color could have evolved from this.

The armor is designed to serve partically as a weapon of terror.

Since when is white a color of terror? from what I know, white is the color of wholesome, church going, Pat Boone listning to, goodness. I don't think stormtroopers like Pat Boone.

Yeah, I've never heard of white being the color of terror. I'd think that they'd have black armor for darkness, or even red. Red is often viewed as a very passionate and sometimes even angry/hate color. I'd think black would be better at camoflaging than white, unless you're on Hoth.

Yeah, I've never heard of white being the color of terror. I'd think that they'd have black armor for darkness, or even red. Red is often viewed as a very passionate and sometimes even angry/hate color. I'd think black would be better at camoflaging than white, unless you're on Hoth.

I say brown. Everyone likes black, it leaves a little mystery. I and a lot of my friends hate the color brown. If I say a brown stormtrooper, first I would think 'OMG, who picked THAT out?', then I'd run away after realizing it had a gun.

Since when is white a color of terror? from what I know, white is the color of wholesome, church going, Pat Boone listning to, goodness. I don't think stormtroopers like Pat Boone.

Here's what the AotC visual dictionary says on page 39 regarding Clone Troopers:

WHITE TERROR

Clone trooper uniforms are not camouflaged, because troops fear no one and want their enemies to see them from afar.

^^^^^LOL. its confuffling with the whole contradictions between movies and games.

-------------------------------------

sniper = pu$$y.

Come out and face them like a man!

they were sniping from the beach. I personally hate being sniped, but me being the ironically hypocritical person i am, i like it when i am the sniper. Still, i dont think you can call them wusses for the battles they fought in and how. like that clone that jumped on top of a spider droid and shot it whilst standing on it. thats gotta take some guts.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's just a figure of speach, but in Medstar I, one of the doctors refers to the clone trooper's armor being able to protect him from nothing more than a BB from a child's gun. So, the armor is white for the same reason grand armies of old wore reds and blue, to stand out and strike fear into the hearts of the enemies.

Well, at least the Emperor did not choose to use glow-in-the-dark green, or neon pink!

You would expact them to do better than that somehow. Even those light armor we have nowadays do better than that. Though stormie armor are technically also an enviro-suit, useful when you want to do chemical warfare.

neon pink would have absolutely rocked. although, they probably wouldnt have been taken so seriously. and wouldnt exactly fit in along the storyline... but damm, it would be cool. i'm gonna get to work on that one...

Then neon grey would definitely be cool. Either that, or sprayed on skulls and flames, oh cardboard padding would help also. And while you are at it, a decal on the shoulder saying "Emperor FTW" or "Will Dance For Mara Jade" or "Wookiee: Do Not Want" or "We Got Deathstar" would be even cooler.

I mean, the Micky Mouse suit (o even fursuits for that matter) have better protection against throwing stones than stomie armor.

If they can't be effective, let them be cool! :3

Well since we KNOW there are variants of stormie armor with different color (eg shadow trooper, swamp trooper and the like) they mind as well make some cooler looking variants for propaganda.

Archived