Home

Firefox

HerbieZ

... You guys do realise that the only difference is where the tabs are located, right?
Nope. Apart from the inner workings benefits mentioned, it also helps keep the taskbar less cluttered. For example, at work most of our documents and tools are intranet-based, so I always have a ton of pages open at once. The last thing I want is to have 10-20 IE windows open on the task bar. It just makes it harder to find things.

Nope. Apart from the inner workings benefits mentioned, it also helps keep the taskbar less cluttered. For example, at work most of our documents and tools are intranet-based, so I always have a ton of pages open at once. The last thing I want is to have 10-20 IE windows open on the task bar. It just makes it harder to find things.

tis not the only thing though.

with 10 - 20 tabs open it still uses the same amount of system resources as one tab. because windows of how windows deals with open windows.

having 10 - 20 windows open of either IE or firefox is the equivalent of running 10 - 20 separate exe's eating up a TON of system resources.

its more than just a convenience tool. It saves system resources that could be used elsewhere than runing mutiple windows of the same program.

and if your like me you have your task bar on auto-hide, so you don't HAVE to look at all those stupid taskbar window tabs

tis not the only thing though.

with 10 - 20 tabs open it still uses the same amount of system resources as one tab. because windows of how windows deals with open windows.

having 10 - 20 windows open of either IE or firefox is the equivalent of running 10 - 20 separate exe's eating up a TON of system resources.

Hmm... I read this somewhere before... Oh yeah!

Nope, the tabs also use less system resources than if you have multiple windows open. Each window is a seperate instance of the program running, in comparison to tabs which are running under the one single window.

Hmm... :xp:

Hmm... I read this somewhere before... Oh yeah!

lol look back I belive I was the first to say it :xp:

-_-" it saves a lot of time just haveing 4 or five tabs instead of 4 or 5 windows which starts a completely seperate exe going for each window.

when tabs don't do that.

:xp:

Firefox is better...

IE crashes, has an uber amount of security updates because they dont know how to make a good browser the first time. It doesnt have themes, it doesnt have extensions... it took them til version 6 is it? to get tabbed browsing, while Firefox as I recall had it from the very beginning.

Also, Firefox is NOT Microsoft... and if you ever plan on switching OS's to Linux dont expect to get IE for it; doesnt exist. Only Konqueror, Mozilla and Firefox and a couple others exist for Linux. Microsoft if like the "N-word" to Linux. :p

Tabbed browsing - you know the only time I have another instance of firefox running is when I run out of space to see the names of tabs clearly... or when some website opens another instance.

It seems like the only reason people bash firefox is because its not from Microsoft, and therefore not "official software for windows" or whatever. If they would honestly give it a chance and use it for a while instead of this...

*installs Firefox*

"ZOMG WHERES MY VIRUSES AND TROJANS IE had so many of them?!?!1ONE"

*doesnt know about the little tweaks that make Firefox the new owner of the intarweb*

"Im still getting popups and ads and banner spam and full window spam!!! HOW IS THIS BETTER?!?!?!"

I think they are expecting firefox to be alive and take care of all that stuff itself or something. :p

note: this isnt an attempt to flame, its simply poking fun at people and is meant as comedy. Please dont take offense. ^_^

Also, Firefox is NOT Microsoft... and if you ever plan on switching OS's to Linux dont expect to get IE for it; doesnt exist. Only Konqueror, Mozilla and Firefox and a couple others exist for Linux. Microsoft if like the "N-word" to Linux. :p

Microsoft actually announced that they'll start supporting Linux by starting to create greater compatibility between the two OSs. So you never know, it's not like there are many viruses capable of infecting a Linux-based system anyways :xp:

Well, if Microsoft is going to start supporting Linux, then Linux will have to scramble to make patches for viruses and stuff... because I think we all know what will happen! XD

Also, I bet Mr Bill is only going to supporting Linux now because he got sued for monopolizing... :p

Well, if Microsoft is going to start supporting Linux, then Linux will have to scramble to make patches for viruses and stuff... because I think we all know what will happen! XD

Luckily they're only creating greater compatibility in terms of Windows-specific APIs and Linux. Like an official version of Wine or Cedega.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived