Home

Gameboy Advance games?

swphreak

I've bene kinda bored with my DS lately, and thought I'd pick up some GBA games. I already got my hands on Doom I & II, forgot how much those games rocked.

Does anyone else know of some good GBA games? Keep in mind I'm not that big into Gameboy RPGs (Ex: the Gameboy Zleda games, ect). Are there other old school games that rock and that have been ported to the GBA?

Oooooh SimTower!

There are all those NES classic games that have been ported to GBA.

Advance wars is great.. but it might be too rpg like for you.

Warioware is excellent fun... loads of completely insane minigames.

The tony hawk games are amazingly well done ports of the pc/console games.. considering the limitations of the GBA. I'm playing THPS2 at the moment.

You could try the Wing Commander prophecy port.. though it doesn't get great reviews. Same for the Duke Nukem conversion.

Mario Kart super circuit.

Warioware is a must.

Advance Wars is one of the most fun games I've ever played, it's turn based strategy but it's done right.

Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission definately.

And every single Tony Hawk game on GBA is excellent. Brilliant conversions if you ask me.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Tekken Advance. That game took over my life for a bit in there. I went on a 5 hour car trip and played it every second. When we got down there, and were driving, I was playing it. Played it on the way back, and played it at home.

*digs up cart*

Damnit, you got me back on my addiction :(

Game & Watch gallery. :D

Tetris is nice to have on a handheld as well.

If you never played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on the SNES, I definately reccommend it. I never played it on the GBA, but if it's anything like the SNES game, it's a brilliant game.

Wolfestein 3D had been ported and it's just like the PC version. Most other good GBA games are RPGs, IMO. If you don't mind an occasional RPG, try:

Golden Sun + Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Uhm, er... Pokemon

Oooooh SimTower!

From everything I hear, The Tower SP completely sucks!

On the shooter front, the only one I really liked was Duke Nukem Advance - the rest were just 'meh' (except Serious Sam Advance which had the worst framerate of any GBA game I'd ever played!)

Mike

Uhm, er... Pokemon

I actually just picked up Pokemon FireRed. Old school, fool!

From what I read of The Tower SP, they're saying it runs itself after awhile, and there's not much else new. Which is fine with me, that's what Sim Tower was.

I actually just picked up Pokemon FireRed. Old school, fool!

Hell yeah. I got that one too. Though I will agree Golden Sun is fun even though you specified non-RPG stuff. I just bought it and am playing it on the side here and there. The random encounters (way too many and all low level enemies) are pissing me off, but the story and puzzles are solid.

Jeezum Crow... Son, we need to talk...

I think you need to be aware Groov that you shouldn't compare the videogames to the anime EVER. The videogames are bloody good customisable RPGs which deserve all the popularity they get.

To add to that each successive Pokemon game generation has outsold the last.

Archived