Home

is KoToR III for PC?

ricardo58

Actually, they have to do no such thing. Besides, the vast majority of KOTOR games sold were for the XBox.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was 360 only.

Come to think of it, maybe that is why Lucasarts is waiting to do the third installment. They want to have the 360 prevalent enough to make the game exclusive...

Actually, they have to do no such thing. Besides, the vast majority of KOTOR games sold were for the XBox.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was 360 only.

Come to think of it, maybe that is why Lucasarts is waiting to do the third installment. They want to have the 360 prevalent enough to make the game exclusive...

Indeed.. and although I completely agree with what Prime said.. it'd be the end of the KotOR Series for me unfortunately.. :(

I don't own a "recent" console.. and I'm not about to buy one just for one game.. (yes, I've seen the other games available and sorry, they don't suit my tastes)

I already have 3 antiquated machines that will never see the power plug.. and owning a nextgen will only follow suit.. my PC however, will live forever (in one form or another ;) hehehe.. )

Indeed.. and although I completely agree with what Prime said.. it'd be the end of the KotOR Series for me unfortunately.. :(

I don't own a "recent" console.. and I'm not about to buy one just for one game.. (yes, I've seen the other games available and sorry, they don't suit my tastes)

I already have 3 antiquated machines that will never see the power plug.. and owning a nextgen will only follow suit.. my PC however, will live forever (in one form or another ;) hehehe.. )

I hear you man! I know what you mean... :)

well i bought my kotor on xbox but im not gonna buy a 360 for kotor series there gr8 but there's no chance ill do that but if they did make it on PC u'd probally need a very very good graphics card because of the 360 i dont htink they'll makea whole new graphics thing for the pc version i know Lucas has had its best year but i dont think they would. There arent any plans to make a Kotor3 check the Lucas site theres the E3 thing its got lego star wars 2 and some other game no Kotor3 :( that makes me sad but maybe they just don't have the story yet.

I think Prime makes a valid point but it's too early to say. First, we don't even know if KotOR 3 is being developed or not, right? Until we know LucasArts has made the decision to make the game then it's premature to speculate on what type of platforms the game will be published for. It's a moot point if the game isn't made. ;)

We could however get a better idea of the possibility of KotOR 3 being console-only if someone familiar with Xbox 360 development tools has an idea of how much additional effort would be required to port an Xbox 360 game to PC.

Well, I doubt most people would waste a fortune on a 360 just to get a new KOTOR. If LucasArts started playing elitist and giving PC gamers the middle finger, then I think that many of them wouldn't forget such a gesture. I don't know about you, but personally, I can get quite annoyed when some games are exclusively released on a single platform.

look what at la did to swg made it in to fps and rpg. and it doesn't a genius to the writing on the wall it going 360 i bet. and don't mention what they said that they wouldn't i wouldn't take the word light is day and dark is night anymore....

What's with all this talk of one game not being worth buying a new console? Just what kind of fans are you anyways? :p Back in my day I bought a brand spanking new Sony Playstation just for the privelage of playing the new Final Fantasy VII, with no fore thought of what other Playstation games were like, or going to be like.

Shame on you all...Shame I say!

We all know no one in their right mind would by a console just so they could play a certain game, just as well as we know that there's no official information on KoTOR 3, but we hope it will be made.

Regardless of what Prime said about the majority of the KoTOR 1 & 2 copies being sold were for the consoles, Lucas Arts wouldn't have made PC versions of the game, if they weren't sure it would generate enormous profit.

If KotOR III is for the Xbox, I'd be mad, but I could still get it if I wanted to. If KotOR III is for the 360, then I'd be really mad, and I couldn't get it.
If Kotor 3 gets made it won't be for the Xbox. K3 will definitely be on one of the next-gen consoles so I guess that means you should prepare to be really mad. :dev10:

What's with all this talk of one game not being worth buying a new console? Just what kind of fans are you anyways? :p Back in my day I bought a brand spanking new Sony Playstation just for the privelage of playing the new Final Fantasy VII, with no fore thought of what other Playstation games were like, or going to be like.

Shame on you all...Shame I say!

shame on us i think not, Shame on us for not buying a console for one damn game, thats pointless, buying a 400$ console to play a 60$ gamethen leave the whole thing in the dust, im sorry but i think that is lunacy and just stupid

Shame on you the most then, Killwithhonor. What it comes down to is how far each gamer would be willing to go to get their hands on this game. And for me, when it comes to any game I just must have, buying the next generation console is just a necessary price to pay.

Shame on you the most then, Killwithhonor. What it comes down to is how far each gamer would be willing to go to get their hands on this game. And for me, when it comes to any game I just must have, buying the next generation console is just a necessary price to pay.

I guess you must have money tree out back of your house.

2nd biggest reason why I will not buy a console is that you can't play a game with mods.

3rd Reason, PC's can be used for more than just gaming or watching DVD's :D

Bingo.. ;)

one of the reasons why I made my statement.. my PC will live forever because it's my bread-n-butter.. my job depends on it and I would rather enjoy having food on my table than a dusty console :D

I'd buy a 360 for KOTOR III... :$

Me too.

Although, that would be the straw that would break my bank account's back.

I'd have a moral obligation to continue my fall to the darkside of gaming, the never ending next-gen console platform regurgitation.

It first occured during the old times, during the time of Atari and Intellivision when we were all happy. Then along came Mario and the Nintendo revolution began. I was sucked in and forever will it consume my destiny. Since then the endless flow of console games and platforms has never ceased.

This is just the next step.

Plus, there are a few games on that platform that I want to play.

Call of Duty, Madden, NBA live, TigerWoods, Fightnight3, Oblivion, and that new racing game I saw at E3 last night on G4tv. I can't rmember the name, but the graphics are extremely liquid. I thought I was looking at a video tape of racing. Magnificent. There also was a FPS war game I got a glimpse of that looked marvelous. Sounds like good things to come, but always a long wait.

However, I will wait and see what the PS3 will offer before making any decisions.

Let us not forget HOLO3 looming on the horizon.

Archived