Home

Family Guy Vs The Simpsons

Which Do You Prefer?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Do You Prefer?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loathe both shows. I find them offensive, crude, vulgar, and generally retarded.

I think you just pulled the majority of that out of a dictionary. If you find The Simpsons "vulgar" then i think you have a problem. And to hell with "just expressing my personal opinion". It goes deeper than that otherwise you would'nt have said it.

It does go deeper. Especially with the Simpsons.

You see, the Simpsons do a great deal of episodes based on religion, particularly in the past five years. The episode where Ned Flanders trys to get Creationism taught in the schools, and the one where Homer and Bart convert to Catholicism, are just some examples of the idiotic and offnsive material it displays. I find these episodes stupid, ignorant, foolish, and completely useless.

I hold no personal hatred for Family Guy. I've just never found it particularly amusing, that's all. Same with shows like South Park, the Chapelle show, and Kids in the Hall. They're just not funny.

You see, the Simpsons do a great deal of episodes based on religion, particularly in the past five years. The episode where Ned Flanders trys to get Creationism taught in the schools, and the one where Homer and Bart convert to Catholicism, are just some examples of the idiotic and offnsive material it displays. I find these episodes stupid, ignorant, foolish, and completely useless.

Um...it's satire...they're criticizing social issues...you must not have gotten the point right? You don't read between the lines much...Just because they happen to criticize you does not make them a bunch of ignorant fools. What is ignorant is calling your critics a bunch of idiots without providing any rebuttal.

Family Guy does the same, albeit more crudely. American Dad is only Family Guy with lots of politics.

I like to compare it with The Simpsons and Futurama.

Matt Groening knew that he must not create a second Simpsons in the future with Futurama so he created something entirely different.

Seth MacFarlane made a mistake here with American Dad. It was almost a carbon copy of Family Guy, thus why people are not so hot about it.

I perfer the Simpsons. I never watch Family Guy despite its popularity in my class. It seems like Family Guy is less appropriate, more swearing etc. I know that there are many "bad" things on the Simpsons, but I learn to ignore them.

It does go deeper. Especially with the Simpsons.

I hold no personal hatred for Family Guy. I've just never found it particularly amusing, that's all. Same with shows like South Park, the Chapelle show, and Kids in the Hall. They're just not funny.

WARNING: Watch only as directed by your physician and/or spiritual advisor. Animation is not intended for use by those without a sense of humor.

WARNING: Watch only as directed by your physician and/or spiritual advisor. Animation is not intended for use by those without a sense of humor.

Quoted FTW!!

Anyways, like others have said, early simpsons was great. Later ones have to be carried by the supposedly middle class family going on another globe trotting trip, and meeting "celebraties" that not only suck at voice acting, but seemed to have missed the class on how to be entertaining.

Family guy, for the moment is still fresh. I think it will likely stagnate in a few years, but like the Simpsons, people won't notice till a year or two later. I voted Family Guy because it just plain makes me laugh really hard.

Personally, i always found Family guy to be quit a bit cooler compared to The Simpsons. Like said before, the Simpson episode got a bit...strange...after season 5, while family stayed the same, thus beiing cool.

And of course, Family Guy has...STEWIE!!

He has awesome quotes..even for a baby :p

Mom: Stewie, why don't do eat your meal?

Stewie: Why don't you go BURN IN HELL!

Yup Stewie's cool, he's kinda kid that's gonna grow up to have no girlfriend, wife, kids and probably get bullied at school tho don't ya think.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the Stewie Griffin Untold Story then... hehe

You know, the Doctor reminds me of Finch from American Pie. You need to relax a little, **** brick (that wasn't meant to be an insult, and if you get it, good for you :)).

Stewie ain't never gonna get bullied. He'll just pull out a gun of some sort and blast that fool. Hint of advice: Don't take his "trikey" (for the few of you who get that joke, good for you :)).

Just bought an el-cheapo FPS game from the discount bin in the local Gamezone. For some reason, the title really spoke to me:

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter

;)

Nice! :thmbup1:

That's the beauty of Family Guy. Half of the show is flashbacks.

Gah, I couldn't stand the flashbacks when I first watched the show. I was like, what's with all the goddamned flashbacks?! Bugged the hell outta me. Now I think they're pretty funny though.

Meh. Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter is some lame console port. No ingame saves, lagged-out jumping puzzles, obnoxious music and sound effects, every FPS staple from "Where's the sniper who's killing me from a mile away at *this* time?" to idiotic little crawly things that pop out of the sand to "find the button" hunts. I'd put it a couple of cuts down from Red Faction. Meh. At least it was only 5EU.

Ah, that's right. I remember you saying that now. Cool.

Well, to keep the thread on topic:

I was debating which to vote for, because Simpsons is a classic, no doubt, but I think I laugh harder at Family Guy, so I went with that.

Archived