Home

KOTOR story inspired by Iraq?

Nancy Allen``

First of all this is not going to be something to support or attack the war in Iraq. Now that that's out of the way, I was thinking about the story, how Revan and Malek went against the Jedi and fought the Mandalorians. Since the game was released later in the year the war began, and with significent time to include it during the build up to war, I wonder if the developers had sought to include it in the game. There are games out there that have taken Iraq on board, Generals would be the most obvious and Unsung War might be another as well. Plus there is the debate that Palpatine is an allegory of Bush.

Nope.

Edit: damn thing didn't include the rest of my post.

Anyway, the closest thing that comes to a Bush allegory is the Kashyyyk computer's question about letting the enemy attack you to reinforce your rule and that's if you accept Bush knew it was coming and even that's reaching for straws.

i think that Palpatine is faaaaar more intelligent than G.Bush and there is no way to compare them.....no offence :p Julius Caesar i dont think so....Caesar cared for his people and Palpatine really didnt.....for Caeesar it was about Glory and Honour and Palpatine really doesent fit in that kind of charachter.....Peace!!!!

Palpatine is an allegory to Julius Ceaser, and maybe Hitler - but not Bush. Sorry, I don't see how KotOR has anything to do with the war in Iraq.

I think the devs would want to escape reality rather than build it into the game. If they wanted to do a political game, I imagine they could have created a wargame.

I'm also not seeing a lot of the themes in the games that I see when following the progress of the Iraqi war.

I think it's just meant to be fun.

^ :confused: Jewdaha? Do you mean Judaism?

i think that Palpatine is faaaaar more intelligent than G.Bush and there is no way to compare them.....no offence :p Julius Caesar i dont think so....Caesar cared for his people and Palpatine really didnt.....for Caeesar it was about Glory and Honour and Palpatine really doesent fit in that kind of charachter.....Peace!!!!

By allegory, I mean that their rise to power is similar. Let's take a look at Palpatine vs. Hitler:

- both had long political careers before holding power

- both elected into service

- both re-arranged the government to create a totalitarian government

- both cold, ruthless, unfeeling murderers who were mistaken to have cared about people - when all they really wanted was power

- wanted to eliminate an ethnic/cultural group

- both destryoed by a much smaller, less powerful force

^ :confused: Jewdaha? Do you mean Judaism?

By allegory, I mean that their rise to power is similar. Let's take a look at Palpatine vs. Hitler:

- both had long political careers before holding power

- both elected into service

- both re-arranged the government to create a totalitarian government

- both cold, ruthless, unfeeling murderers who were mistaken to have cared about people - when all they really wanted was power

- wanted to eliminate an ethnic/cultural group

- both destryoed by a much smaller, less powerful force

:blush2: Judaism. Those darn keys. :blush2:

Add ~

- both invested in clone research and development.

The Perfect Soldiers

- The S.S. <- Hitler

- Stormtroopers <- Palpatine

Okay. My take on it is it wouldn't surprise me if it was slipped in, especially after a discussion in the Jedi Knights forum I think it was where the idea was brought up that Bush was Palpatine. Did they? Didn't they? You don't seem to think so, but the thought was there.

As for Bush and Iraq, that's really another discussion for another time.

Palpintine and Hitler is the clearest link because:

-both used the current political system to take control.

-both recieved the title as Chancellor before substituting the previous politcal system with their own & becoming an unconditional dictator.

-both were helped by a previous war, blaming there problems on scapegoats: Jews, Communism, Treaty of Versailles and the Jedi.

-both nearly succeeded in wiping out entire races/religions (Jedi is kinda like a religion).

-both had groups of resistance, the Rebels and the German Underground & the Resistance in France.

-need I even mention their ruthlessness, anger and inhumanity.

Well to be fair, Palpatine was about (IRL) long before Bush came into power. So I think the whole Bush-Hitler thing is moot. Although I remember reading somewhere that Palpatine was created with similar facial outlines to Hitler or something.

Sorry bout earlier.

Palpintine and Hitler is the clearest link because:

-both used the current political system to take control.

-both recieved the title as Chancellor before substituting the previous politcal system with their own & becoming an unconditional dictator.

-both were helped by a previous war, blaming there problems on scapegoats: Jews, Communism, Treaty of Versailles and the Jedi.

-both nearly succeeded in wiping out entire races/religions (Jedi is kinda like a religion).

-both had groups of resistance, the Rebels and the German Underground & the Resistance in France.

-need I even mention their ruthlessness, anger and inhumanity.

Also,

-Both had their 'apprentices': Vader and Himmler or Mussolini, respectively

-Palpintine had the AT-ST and Hitler had the Panzer tanks.

-Palpintine had the Death Star, Hitler had the Volkwagen (Aus Liebe Zum Automobile)

-It took decades for the New Republic to finsih off the Imperial Remnants, It took decades to hunt down all the remnants of the Nazis (i.e. Eichman).

-Palpintine used Force Corruption, Hitler used propaganda corruption.

Just to throw some fuel on the fire I found this.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts102.html

Uh huh. Let's wait until Bush tries to run again before we say he's got some special order that will have American troops execute all Democrats, shall we?

I still hate Bush though, for all the suffering and death he's caused, as well as all the lying.

Yeah, compared to Saddam Hussein, he's pure EEEVILLLL.

I've noticed that all the people who think President Bush is satan incarnate, never have one bad thing to say about Saddam's 30+ year reign of terror. Or, about the several hundred thousound dead bodies buried in mass graves within the borders of his country that he has yet to explain. Or, about the professional rapists he had in his employ. Or about the fact that he was subsidizing terrorist attacks against the only Democratic nation in the middle east--Israel. Or, about the slaughter of the Kurds, in which he used, uh-oh, W.M.D.'s.............hmmm.

Please Matt and Nancy, get some perspective.

Threads like this are NOT clever, and belong elsewhere.

Archived