Home

World Cup

jon_hill987

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn, i got Ukraine in the office sweepstake... :(

Spain are the perpetual underachievers of world cups. They always play well, but always go out far earlier than people think they will.

England vs T&T this afternoon... so it looks like we'll finish work early today :D

They always play well

man you gotta be kidding, spain always play normal, and somtimes bad, but well with this new generation of players we've been 2 years without losing any match, and now is when spain is playing well..and is the time to have a world cup!!! :p

England vs T&T this afternoon... so it looks like we'll finish work early today :D

Finished work at 4:45 and ran home just in time for the start...

Anyway...

England Won!

It was touch and go there for a little while though...

spain played really well, u'd have to watch the whole match to see it .

Form teams:

-Spain

-Czech Rep.

-Germany

I thought Eng just pulled through, however after Lennon, Rooney and Downing came on they played a lot better. Gotta love Gerrard.

Next MAtch of the DAy:

Dutch v Ivory Coast

Did anyone see what the analysts had to say about the ref after the game? They were talking about how in 2002(or 2001) he was suspended due to irregularities in his officiating. I think it were the other refs that turned him in too. And that kept him from being in the last world cup. I hope this was his last match refing. No team should have to put up with that kind of crap.

Did anyone see what the analysts had to say about the ref after the game? They were talking about how in 2002(or 2001) he was suspended due to irregularities in his officiating. I think it were the other refs that turned him in too. And that kept him from being in the last world cup. I hope this was his last match refing. No team should have to put up with that kind of crap.

I completely agree. I think he was being watched closer by FIFA because he gives out too many yellow cards. It better be his last match because they were 2 bad red cards that he gave to USA. The first was a "makeup" call to get it back to even players but it shouldn't have been, and then the 2nd one, the US player was just a little late on the tackle.

as far as i've readen the second red target was correct, tho i havent seen/readen anything about the first one yet. Also its good for the US that with 9 players all over the second half they were able to get, at least, a tie vs Italy, thats difficult. Also i hope that match was the last for the ref, but i doubt so because normally FIFA will actue after the world cup has finished... so i hope spain be safe of him, cuz all the world cups that spain had possibilities to do something a stupid ref made us lose not pointing faults in the area or invalidating correct goals..

Archived