Home

World Cup

jon_hill987

Well, Italy just beat Germany 2-0. They scored the first goal on the 119th minute of play and the second in stoppage time at the 121st minute to go through to the final.

Tomorrow France will be playing portugal for the las spot in the final.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Italy v Portugal in the Finals I think.

And I hope Portugal wins :D :D :D

God I hope not... they are the most depressing team in the competition (at least now that switzerland are out.) I'd take any of the others over them.

I'm supporting Italy after their performance yesterday... good to see teams not settling for penalties and actually trying to win it.

Boy am i glad portugal are out.. that game was just disgraceful. If they had booked the player every time portugal dived then they'd have been down to about 3 men.

Still, they didn't seem to have a striker so i guess getting near the box and diving was their main strategy. FIFA really need to stamp it out if they can.

Go Italy!

I've never followed this sport in my life!

But go Italy!

Woot!

haha I'm with you, I just started watching "soccer" this summer during the World Cup :D I think I'm slowly becomming a convert with each passing game I see.

EDIT:

Wow, they're in the second half of OT now and Zidane just headbutted that Italian player (didn't catch his name). WHY THE **** WOULD HE DO THAT NOW[/]?! It was such an important game... man, what a horrible way to end the season.

ITALY WINS!!!

And yeah, I didn't catch that the first time around, that is the end of his career... so sad. And then the announcers called him the "greatest penalty kicker ever."

If France's second kick hadn't hit the crossbar...oh boy. I woulda wanted to see sudden death :D

David Trézéguet was France's second penalty shooter, he missed only by centimeters. But with Zidane, Henry and Ribery out, they were a little shorthanded.

Zidane was obviously provoked by the Italian player, I think it was Materazzi. On the replay you could see the two players talking to each other, then Zidane suddently turns around and pulls the old ram trick :p It's really sad to end such a great career like that.

Man I hate the Italians...

Archived