Home

Been looking on Obsidian's website...

mattwild

Found this job advertisement:

"Obsidian Entertainment now has openings for a lead area/level designers, senior area/level designers, and intermediate area and level designers for a console action-based role-playing game. Check out the job postings and see if you have what it takes!"

Now, Neverwinter Nights 2, which is a game they are developing, I THINK I'm right in saying will be developed for PC only. In any case, I think they would have already filled all the positions for that particular development.

So what do we think this 'console action-based role-playing game' is then?

Speculate away.

PS. Sorry if someone's mentioned this already, I did have a look down the first page of threads but couldn't find anything.

Yea, but couldn't you call the KotOR series an "Action RPG?" I know calling Kotor an action game isn't totally accurate but I could see it called that.

And as far as the console part, K1 and K2 where console games. They where just converted to the PC. Isn't that why they came out on PC about a month later?

I'm not saying it is K3. Just that I don't see why it can't be from the press release.

And as far as the console part, K1 and K2 where console games. They where just converted to the PC. Isn't that why they came out on PC about a month later?

Not nessesarily. It could just mean that they spent a little more time on the pc version to clean up some bugs or to improve gameplay. Of course, they might have been messing with us fans, making us wait longer. :blast9:

Perhaps, Obsidian has decided to take the Bungie approach with this game.

"We're working on a 'special new project'."

Bungie has been teasing Halo fans about their 'special project' until E3 - when they finally showed off the Halo 3 trailer and admitted that the 'special project' was indeed Halo 3.

Just a thought.

Found this job advertisement:

"Obsidian Entertainment now has openings for a lead area/level designers, senior area/level designers, and intermediate area and level designers for a console action-based role-playing game. Check out the job postings and see if you have what it takes!"

Now, Neverwinter Nights 2, which is a game they are developing, I THINK I'm right in saying will be developed for PC only. In any case, I think they would have already filled all the positions for that particular development.

So what do we think this 'console action-based role-playing game' is then?

Speculate away.

PS. Sorry if someone's mentioned this already, I did have a look down the first page of threads but couldn't find anything.

It's not Lucas Arts related.

See: SEGA Partners With Obsidian Entertainment To Create Original Content For Next Generation Consoles

http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20060323a&id=hp_news

or

SEGA of America and Obsidian Entertainment collaborate on a next-gen console title!

http://www.obsidianent.com/news_archive.html

Azuth

Well, once (i wil no longer say "if", i will be optimistic about this) they begin work on KOTOR 3, I hope they take their time with it, making it as good as it can be.

And if LucasArts wants sales, they will do the smart thing and LET OBSIDIAN TAKE THEIR TIME WITH THE GAME.

Hang in there LucasArts.

$$$ will come.

Archived