Home

Some ideas for jk4?

Edge1982

What you think that would definativly make a good jk4 if they decide to make one? Personally im pettry sure it would be a big hit if we have the option of either chosing good or evil side right off the bat. Then for exemple if you pick evil, you start as a sith then slowly grow in power aswell as fighting good jedi. Though you still get the possibility to change to good during the game to the point that yer own fellow sith might even turn on you. Same thing could happend if you decide to pick good side, you could turn into a sith so therefore yer fellow jedi want to slay you down as you become a threat to them. Also use the Hl2 engine and it would be a blast. All whats left to make the game perfect would be to add to the gameplay, adding a way for the player to block with their lightsabers instead of random block as the current jka. This would add strategy and remove the "cts factor of randomess".

So what you think?

JK3 = Jedi Academy. Did you lose count?

Eh, maybe you did. No where is Jedi Academy called "JK3" except as a nickname made up by the community. Just look at the CD case; it says: "Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy"

Notice the lack of a III.

For some reason, the internet keeps locking up when I try to make big posts, so I will have to break it up into two posts...

JK3 = Jedi academy see how it takes place after JK2? listin to kyle "some leftovers of Desann's reborn.." or sumthin like that. listin to cinamatics in da game! its after jk2!

Hey man, look at the CD case; no where does it say JK3 or III on it! It may come after JK2, but it's more of an expansion, spin-off, or a side-quest, than an actual JK game. MotS came after JK, but does it make it JK2? Nope. The devs realized this with JA, and did not make it the official JK3.

How would it look if the devs put out a new JK game, so it went...

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Jedi Knight IV: Jedi...?

Where's the III?

But frankly, this argument has been done to death, so we can agree to disagree if you want (although *I* know *I'm* right!)

I want to contribute to the thread, and I will do so by putting forth some of my own ideas:

I think that *JK3* could, instead of having you play as Jaden, you'd play as Kyle again. Jaden would have gone down the dark side path (the light side ending would be damn boring to play), and you would have to hunt Jaden down in a similar manner as you hunted Jerec down in JK. Jaden has used the sceptor to resurrect lesser Sith Lords, ones who he could bend to his will. Remember how Jerec had those other dark Jedi dudes with him?

So Jaden has now taken over the Imperial Remnant, and has begun working to rebuild the Empire. Kyle (you) fights off the same kinds of enemies as in all the other games. Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, Imperial Commandos, Rodians, Grans, Trandoshans, Weequays, etc., as well as the newly-resurrected Sith Lords, and eventually, Jaden himself. But will you kill him? Eh... maybe, maybe not. Haven't really thought about that part yet.

Anyway, just my ideas. And HL2 engine of course!

It'll probably be on the Quake 4+/Doom 3+ engine.

Well, I don't see why it would have to be. Who's to say Ravensoft would make the next game? They already made JK2 and JA... it seems that a new company is needed. I think that JA is of poor quality compared to JK2, and hell, even the original JK and MotS.

Well, I don't see why it would have to be. Who's to say Ravensoft would make the next game? They already made JK2 and JA... it seems that a new company is needed. I think that JA is of poor quality compared to JK2, and hell, even the original JK and MotS.
I think Raven did a fine job on both JK2 and JA.

As for the HL2 engine, I don't see Valve licensing the Source engine for another AAA-class comercial game (the Source engine/Steam is one of their major selling points).

man jk4 better have some more better skin's then JA like no of the skin look like anything in any of the movies or ect.no one had big robes ,no siths , no darth sith.vader,mual, yeah sure u can get the skin but like 5 out of 32 people have it

ill i hope is that JK4 has better skins

THE WHOLE JK series : Jedi knight: dark forces II, Jedi knight: MotS, Jedi knight2: Jedi outcast, Jedi knight3: Jedi ACADEMY

Look, we can argue this all day, but I don't really want to ruin this thread with that. All I'll say is look at any place where the title of Jedi Academy (Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) is listed and no where will you see a 3 or III. Just like with Mysteries of the Sith; it was labeled just as Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, even though it came after the first Jedi Knight game. Wouldn't that, using your flawed logic, make MotS the actual JK2, and Jedi Outcast would be JK3, and then Jedi Academy would be JK4?

Mr No One, sorry I tried my best, my eyesight even went up by 50 degrees in doing so. Unfortunately, I saw no mention on lucasarts.com

Oh yeah, if there ever was a JK4, hopefully it'd be on the Doom 3 engine. Specular mapping would make for some awesome visuals. And with megatexture, we'd finally see a better Tatooine. HL2's engine isnt' bad, but in many ways, besides its recent HDR, the only thing really impressive are the 3d skyboxes. Physics are good, but comparably standard fare if you remove the gravity gun. The only games with poopy ragdoll physics that comes to mind are Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2. Else, it pretty much loses out to the upcoming Crysis, Quake Wars and UT2k7

The Chronicles Of Riddick looks better than HL2 imho. The guys at Starbreeze really spent a lot of effort in that one, and even till today, I personally feel it's got better graphics than anything else on the market. Even Doom 3 and the more recent Oblivion. At max settings, TCOR is ridiculously realistic. But let's not let the thread derail eh...

Mr No One, sorry I tried my best, my eyesight even went up by 50 degrees in doing so. Unfortunately, I saw no mention on lucasarts.com

I have no clue what Mr No One is talking about; there is indeed no mention of new JK game on any official site.

Physics are good, but comparably standard fare if you remove the gravity gun.

Good is an understatement for sure. They're nearly perfect. Also, just the little things about the game, like being able to pick up anything in the world with the use key and toss it around. And just imagine, Garry's Mod for a Jedi Knight game!

Although I admit, I'm biased on this issue; I've never played Doom 3...

That's what I'm talking about - they work like the physics in almost any other game. The huge difference is that nearly everything can be picked up and moved about

Crap (ragdoll) physics, off the top of my head, would be uh...Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2, mentioned above. Those two also used Havok, but the whole implementation was **** awful. Passable by gaming standards, but comparatively a no

That's what I'm talking about - they work like the physics in almost any other game. The huge difference is that nearly everything can be picked up and moved about

Crap (ragdoll) physics, off the top of my head, would be uh...Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2, mentioned above. Those two also used Havok, but the whole implementation was **** awful. Passable by gaming standards, but comparatively a no

All of the newer games use ragdoll physics, it's just a matter of how it's implemented in the game. If they didn't use ragdoll physics, they'd have to use something like particle physics, which would treat all game entities as a single rigid-body, which, while good for particle effects (surprise, surprise), would suck for any humanoid body that isn't in full rigor mortis.

Archived