Home

Ideal that would make it passibke to be revan/Exile

Revan23

Someone might have said this before but i know a simple way that would alowy you to play as Revan or the Exile. When you start a new game it askes you it Quizzs you on all the questions that would be needed inorder to fill in all the blanks from the last two games.

And also when it comes to the abilites from the last game you could just start of on like lvl 20 and be able to get to like lvl 50. So then you would be able to have all your old abilties. But the one problem would be the enamys, well in the next game you will mostlkly be fighting the "True Sith" so they would be very powerfull so it could work.

What do you guys think other ways it could work to be Revan.

in my opinion playing as revan or the exile should not be allowed in kotor 3 there should be a new characters but it should still relate to revans fate and/or the exiles

I agree. Instead of a quiz in the beginning, they simply ask you for the faces of Revan and the Exile. Plus it wouldn't be fun to start at level 20. You'd start with a bunch of Force Powers and Feats and Skills, and I like building up from nothing.

And also when it comes to the abilites from the last game you could just start of on like lvl 20 and be able to get to like lvl 50.

Because this isn't how RPG's work, you need to cater to your target audience and you alienate 1/3 of them by doing this...

People like to build their characters from the beginning. Also you create an imbalanced game that needs no story, you start at a high level then why wait to face the main villan as you can already mop the floor with everyone else? That would present no challenge. And be a major flop.

you could just start of on like lvl 20 and be able to get to like lvl 50.

Awful. That would be absolutely horrible. Could you imagine the endless bitching that would happen? Christ man, the way people cry about the ease of the first two, now you want them to be uber from Lvl 1... uhh 20. No thanx.

One word: Lame. And this idea, for one, doesn't make all of it work. BTW, the thing about "he's level 50 but it doesn't seem like it because the enemies are super hard"... that doesn't work either. What about party members, and other enemies? And what about gaining force powers... you will already have every single attribute, skill, and power maxed out. Why not just play TSL with cheats?

Bad idea.

A new character for starting with lvl 1 is needed. I would prefer the story to not take place right after Kotor II, but years later when its all over. This way they can create another great story yet again.

But still, i would want to see a very good reason why yet another very powerful force sensitive (the PC) exists...

And also when it comes to the abilites from the last game you could just start of on like lvl 20 and be able to get to like lvl 50.
Which is completely overkill. In the previous games you could mop the floor with just about anything by the time you reached level 20. Reaching level 50 would make you a god, which isn't what Star Wars is about.

So then you would be able to have all your old abilties.
But where would you go from there? To be honest there are already a lot of powers that doesn't really reflect Star Wars. Starting with the abilities you finished KOTOR with would mean that they would have to add even more ridiculous powers to get you to level 50.

But the one problem would be the enamys, well in the next game you will mostlkly be fighting the "True Sith" so they would be very powerfull so it could work.
The problem is that presumably all your companions aren't also going to be level 20+, since that wouldn't make any sense story-wise (unless they are all superheros). So they are going to get completely destroyed if all they face is uber-powerful enemies.

What do you guys think other ways it could work to be Revan.
I think you have shown why playing as Revan in K3 wouldn't work. Why look for lame ways to play as Revan when you can avoid all that and create a much better game and story by using a new character?

I too agree that neither Revan nor the Exile should be playable, though I believe that at least one should make an appearance in KOTOR 3. For instance, one could be a force ghost who died battling the True Sith. The other could return as a non-playable ally who you would eventually have to fight no matter yours or his/her's force alignment. For instance, Lets say you encounter either Revan or the Exile as a NPC during your early battles with the "True Sith" and join forces under the real or staged premise of destroying or taking control of the TS(though you would take seperate paths both literally and metaphorically). As you fight and progress you would then encouter Revan/Exile the force ghost who had finally discovered the ability to become said ghost.

Now from here there are several scenarios that could take place once the ghost makes his presence known that would result in a climatic battle between your faction and Revan/Exile's faction for control/dominance over the group, who would then have to battle the true sith elite. I could go into futher detail about all of this, but i'm sure I have bored you enough already. Goodnight Everybody.

No way. Can't be Revan or Exile, gotta be someone new. Did you play Revan again in TSL? Didn't think so. It would get boring and repetetive. If you did, it would seem something like this:

KOTOR - Revan vs. Malak

KOTOR TSL - Revan vs. Traya

KOTOR III - Revan vs. True Sith

Doesn't it seem a little boring?

Danny brings up another thing - if we played as Revan in TSL, then it would be logical to continue with him. But we didn't, we started as a new character, and so that should be the standard start of each game: starting completely from scratch. Otherwise, as others have said, the game is no fun.

Archived